View Full Version : Full Playoff Scenarios

blaze1984
12-21-2009, 01:39 AM
i spent about 30 minutes coming up with all this... but here it is:

Need the following to make the playoffs:
1) Win vs. Baltimore Week 16
2) Win @ Miami Week 17
3) 1 of the following 2
a. Tennessee wins last 2 games (vs. San Diego & @ Seattle)
b. Houston loses 1 of last 2 games (@ Miami or @ NE)
4) 3 of the following 4
a. Jets to lose 1 game (@ Indy or vs. Cincy)
b. Jacksonville to lose 1 game (@ NE or vs. Cleveland)
c. Baltimore to lose week 16 & 17 (@ Pitt and @ Oak)
d. Denver to lose 1 game (@ Philly or vs. KC)
5) If #3 does not happen, then all 4 (instead of 3 of 4) must occur from #4

Sadly enough, we need to root for the Pats the next 2 weeks

SteelC7
12-21-2009, 02:56 AM
that actually isnt that far out of a scenario those things will probably all happen, the thing that is the hardest to believe is the steelers winning the last 2 games, but after today, anythings possible

NEWstevo
12-21-2009, 05:16 AM
If Pittsburgh wins out and still doesn't make the playoffs, I will be ok with it.

After the heartbreaking and remote-control-breaking losses I sat through for the last 5 weeks, having the Steelers win out, end on a good note, and avoid embarrassment is fine with me.

BONUS: knocking anyone else out of the playoffs!

Go Steelers!

WH
12-21-2009, 05:24 AM
If Pittsburgh wins out and still doesn't make the playoffs, I will be ok with it.

After the heartbreaking and remote-control-breaking losses I sat through for the last 5 weeks, having the Steelers win out, end on a good note, and avoid embarrassment is fine with me.

The Green Bay win was worth it for me even if they lose out.

ricardisimo
12-21-2009, 06:28 AM
I hate to be the one to jinx it, but it doesn't look too bad if they win out. Denver will lose to Philly next week; the Jets will lose to the Colts, and Jacksonville will probably lose to the Pats. That would drop all three below us and leave only Miami and Baltimore in front of us... and we play both of them in the next two weeks, giving us one of the final two spots.

Aside from the unlikelihood of this Steeler team actually being able to win out, am I missing something?

BlastFurnace
12-21-2009, 06:55 AM
I hate to be the one to jinx it, but it doesn't look too bad if they win out. Denver will lose to Philly next week; the Jets will lose to the Colts, and Jacksonville will probably lose to the Pats. That would drop all three below us and leave only Miami and Baltimore in front of us... and we play both of them in the next two weeks, giving us one of the final two spots.

Aside from the unlikelihood of this Steeler team actually being able to win out, am I missing something?

We need to pull for Miami to beat Houston as well

redst3
12-21-2009, 07:02 AM
Just to clog up the thread, I will add my agreement to those who express that the Green Bay win made up for some of the foolishness this year.

4xSBChamps
12-21-2009, 07:22 AM

+ tax..... they need to begin playing better football for 60 minutes every game, because if they don't, they'll get spanked playing on the road against a good team, which they'll surely do if they make the post-season

Rick5895
12-21-2009, 07:29 AM
Everything else seems to be lining up for us. Those "other team" scenarios are very possible. Can we win the last 2? I believe we can. And something tells me Troy will be back for the Ratbirds.

madtowndrunkard
12-21-2009, 09:45 AM
The Green Bay win was worth it for me even if they lose out.

I'm with you on that one. I'm a steeler fan living in Wisconsin. Most of my relatives are packer fans. Most everyone I know is a packer, bear, or Viking fan. When the season started I told everyone if we only win one game this year it better be against the Packers. The fact that we beat the Vikings and the Packers does take the edge off to an otherwise horrible season.

Packer backers were talking trash to me all month about this game. I just shut my mouth and said "we'll see" I also asked them were they were last year, because I never heard a peep from any of them last season. Now all of a sudden they are world champs? lol I reminded them of last January and who was holding up the Lombardi at the end. I also reminded them of the fact that they steelers have more SB trophies the last 4 years then the Packers have over my entire 36 years of life.

That game could not have ended any better. If I could dream up the most painful loss for the Packers to endure that's exactly how I would have wanted it to play out.

We took over a local Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the game. We had about 6 steeler fans along with 10 of my friends and family who bleed green and gold...... in a bar jam packed with Packer Backers. The silence after that Wallace catch was a beautiful thing.:tt03:

CPanther95
12-21-2009, 09:48 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=custom&14=41015155&15=40000041&16=55145155

Dino 6 Rings
12-21-2009, 09:51 AM
Baltimore put a beat down on the Bears yesterday and will playing for their playoff lives and a little revenge hoping to end our hopes this weekend. Its going to be a brutal game. 5 sacks will be about 4 too many if we allow Ben to get beaten up early, we are in trouble.

Of coarse, the Bears have all but packed it in, and are just suffering til the end of the season, but Flacco had a quietly great game and is really playing well. Its going to be a large task beating the Ravens this weekend. We need to play a lot better than we did yesterday to win this game.

I'm worried about our secondary being exposed again, playing with only one safety is hurting us big time (I don't consider Carter a safety, he's cannon fodder and nothing more as far as I'm concerned, and if I hear one more announcer say "carter doing his best Polamalu impersonation" I'm going to kill someone.)

Indo
12-21-2009, 10:05 AM
I'm worried about our secondary being exposed again, playing with only one safety is hurting us big time (I don't consider Carter a safety, he's cannon fodder and nothing more as far as I'm concerned, and if I hear one more announcer say "carter doing his best Polamalu impersonation" I'm going to kill someone.

Doesn't bother me too much when they say it---knowing very well that his "best" Troy impersonation is pretty lame
There is only ONE Troy...

WH
12-21-2009, 10:57 AM
I'm worried about our secondary being exposed again, playing with only one safety is hurting us big time (I don't consider Carter a safety, he's cannon fodder and nothing more as far as I'm concerned, and if I hear one more announcer say "carter doing his best Polamalu impersonation" I'm going to kill someone.)
Better than hearing Joe Buck say psycho package 60 times in 10 minutes.

revefsreleets
12-22-2009, 03:30 PM
If we manage to make it into the playoffs, then we will have obviously returned to playing real football. In that case, then I like either of the above VERY POSSIBLE scenarios.

Us at the Bengals (and I guarantee they can't beat us 3 times in one year)
Us in NE. I like our odds, and if we beat the Pats or Cincy and knock them out, that's enough for me for 2009. I'll celebrate it as a successful year, regardless as to what occurs after that win...