PDA

View Full Version : Mike Wallace "That's how you be great!"

solardave
12-21-2009, 04:13 AM
I didn't notice him flexing jis muscle or anything. That was refreshing. The kids good.

Bluedust
12-21-2009, 05:50 AM
I didn't notice him flexing jis muscle or anything. That was refreshing. The kids good.

Wallace is a stud, you'd think what he's doing would light a fire under Sweed.

NEWstevo
12-21-2009, 05:57 AM
I call Holmes "Guns McGee" due to his stupid gun-show display every time he gets a first down.

So now, Wallace is known as "Young Guns" around the house.

---and hey, as long as they are winning........... right?

SteelerEmpire
12-21-2009, 10:50 AM

Yea... I saw a shot after the TD where he flexed it .... He's a WR prodigy though....

Rick5895
12-21-2009, 10:53 AM
We certainly got a gem in the 3rd round with Wallace. I certainly hope Sweed is taking notice.

steelpride12
12-21-2009, 10:54 AM
This kid will do wonders for this team in the long run and a few season under Ward's and Holmes"s wing will make him a deep speedy threat for years!

jjpro11
12-21-2009, 10:59 AM
I call Holmes "Guns McGee" due to his stupid gun-show display every time he gets a first down.

who cares? Holmes came up clutch yet again on a final drive and helped win the game. he had one lousy drop earlier, but as long as he makes plays.. i don't care what he does to celebrate.

BubbyBrister
12-21-2009, 11:19 AM

Sadly, he did. At 4:27 in this video.
http://assets.delvenetworks.com/NFL_football_video_streaming_online/?m=c6d2dd2d96144b3794e7dd12648a6da7

4xSBChamps
12-21-2009, 11:20 AM

I may be alone in this thinking, but the emergence of Wallace has doused that fire for-good

Godfather
12-21-2009, 11:31 AM

Sweed needed us to dominate a game so we could throw him a few passes in garbage time and rebuild his confidence.

But even then he's stuck behind three great receivers.

madtowndrunkard
12-21-2009, 11:32 AM
The kid had the best game of his career. I think he earned a chance to show some emotion.

CPanther95
12-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Hate the flexing - hate the first down signalling (especially when you're losing). Really hate the calling for a flag every stinking play. Sometimes it seems they're calling for a flag while the ball is still in the air.

MACH1
12-21-2009, 12:12 PM
Who gives a rats ass if he did. I'd rather see a little flex than a simulated giving birth to a football.

fansince'76
12-21-2009, 12:45 PM
Who gives a rats ass if he did. I'd rather see a little flex than a simulated giving birth to a football.

"Kiss da baby." :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Nadroj 20
12-21-2009, 12:47 PM
I may be alone in this thinking, but the emergence of Wallace has doused that fire for-good

No your not i agree with you.....i think wallace playing this well as added more pressure to sweed and he cant really handle it IMO.

solardave
12-21-2009, 12:59 PM
Sadly, he did. At 4:27 in this video.
http://assets.delvenetworks.com/NFL_football_video_streaming_online/?m=c6d2dd2d96144b3794e7dd12648a6da7

That catch was great and he earned the flex. :tt04:

SteelMember
12-21-2009, 02:30 PM
That was a great catch!

The best part of it imo, was his awareness to stay in bounds... before the catch. A rookie mistake would have been to step out, thus becoming ineligible.

It did remind me of Santo's SB43 catch.

Do you think McCarthy thought so? Didn't he know not to give Ben 80+ yards on the final drive... with the clock ticking.

Well, at least Whiz isn't alone anymore. :chuckle: Wonder if he got a call?

Bng_Hevn
12-21-2009, 07:49 PM
Hate the flexing - hate the first down signalling (especially when you're losing). Really hate the calling for a flag every stinking play. Sometimes it seems they're calling for a flag while the ball is still in the air.

I don't think he flexes to show his muscle. Besides the fact that his arms is not too big, he has that tattoo there. I think he is showing off the tattoo.

Preacher
12-21-2009, 07:59 PM
You know...

I have changed my mind a bit about it.

While I prefer them to just hand the ball to the ref and go back to the huddle, In reality, Santo is just showing the emotions that we want our team to have.

He doesn't do the stupid stuff (one exception).

So I am well, not necessarily ok with it, but tolerant of it.

No one seems to care that Ward does the same first down signals.

Steel-Bryan
12-21-2009, 08:04 PM
Stop hating on holmes bicep thing, He has his area code tattoo'd on his bicep and flash it every reception to represent his hometown

CPanther95
12-21-2009, 08:07 PM
I don't think he flexes to show his muscle. Besides the fact that his arms is not too big, he has that tattoo there. I think he is showing off the tattoo.

I guess we should be thankful that the tattoo is on his arm.

SteelersMongol
12-21-2009, 08:55 PM

Speaking of which, I wonder if the guys gave him a nickname in the locker room already. Does anybody know?

SteelerEmpire
12-21-2009, 09:25 PM
That catch was great and he earned the flex. :tt04:

Yea... after that catch he had the "right to flex arm"..

Borski
12-22-2009, 12:32 AM
I could care less about the bicep flex on first downs for Homes and Wallace definitely earned his. I don't really think a little bicep flex on first downs is excessive, its not like he is doing the Ocho Cinco and TO crap.

JEFF4i
12-22-2009, 12:52 AM
I really don't have much of a problem with it. It's his way of playing, like Ward's smiling. As long as it remains respectful and classy, don't much care.

Course, I get a kick out of a lot of the things Ochocinco does.

markymarc
12-22-2009, 01:26 PM
The FO got a steal in the 3rd round last year grabbing Mike Wallace. He is going to be a very good WR for the Steelers! There is no question Mike Wallace and Santonio Holmes are the future #1 and #2 WRs once Hines Ward is done.

And finally Mike Wallace was my high fantasy player this past weekend! Not too bad considering I have Drew Brees too :chuckle: How can you go wrong with a stat line of 2 catches for 79 yards and 2 TDs? So great job Mike Wallace, Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Heath Miller, Mewelde Moore and Rashard Mendenhall for getting Ben to 503 passing yards.

CanadianSteel
12-22-2009, 01:56 PM
Holmes signals first down each time he make a first down catch, but the bicep flex iseems for when he fights off defenders for extra yartdage, stiff arm etc.... which he has been doing quite regular lately.
Got no problem with that, and its no different than many of the sack celebrations for one play that may not have any impact on the game itself - love the Wodley kick as well... football is an emotional game and nothing wrong with showing it... IMO