PDA

View Full Version : Redundant Thoughts 2009 Week 15 – Packers

redundantman
12-21-2009, 08:38 AM
1. The Steelers snapped a 5 game losing streak and I thought I heard that they snapped a 5 game winning streak for the Packers.

2. The reason you are so angry about the onsides kick call is because it was the correct call. And to have to admit that, as a Steeler fan, is madness. How is it that the Steelers defense has come to this?

3. If Ben doesn’t shake that sack the game is over. I like him very much.

4. Annoying that the Steelers got bumped in favor of the Iggles – 49-girls game. I had great fun listening to “Moose” Johnson slobbering all over Donovan McNabb instead of watching the Steelers.

5. Andrea Kramer caught Big Ben before he went to the locker room for one of her insightful and riveting interviews. And as typically happens in Ben interviews he started spewing clichés faster than Miss Teen South Carolina in a beauty pageant. Ben has always been an awkward leader. I love it because it drives the Steelers opponents nuts. They feel like they just got beat by Baby Huey.

6. Why is it that Peyton Manning never gets injured?

7. The Steelers miss Bryant McFadden.

8. Did you notice how wide open the Packers receivers was when they went up with 2:00 to go compared to how tightly Wallace was covered when he made his “Santonio Holmes tribute catch"?

9. One of the managers was giving me grief this morning: “Why didn’t you tell me Ben was going to throw for 500 yards? I sat him this week in Fantasy Football in favor of Kurt Warner. I left 25 points on the table!” I told him I considered his reasoning to sit Ben to be a sound.

10. The Philip Rivers love-fest is getting nauseating. I believe the media has channeled its Patriots passion into the Chargers now. Can’t wait to see them bounced in the first round.

11. Wallace’s catch was awesome and timely but Heath Miller’s catch a couple plays earlier was noteworthy as well.

fansince'76
12-21-2009, 08:48 AM
2. The reason you are so angry about the onsides kick call is because it was the correct call. And to have to admit that, as a Steeler fan, is madness. How is it that the Steelers defense has come to this?

Thank you. At least someone gets it.

8. Did you notice how wide open the Packers receivers were all day....?

Fixed.

NEWstevo
12-21-2009, 08:55 AM
8. Steelers on 4th down deep in their own territory... Holmes was W I D E O P E N.

Rockonsteel
12-21-2009, 09:05 AM
1. The Steelers snapped a 5 game losing streak and I thought I heard that they snapped a 5 game winning streak for the Packers.

That would be correct.

Yup,more specifically, I was more angry at what the call represented...lack of faith in the defense, and that is hard to swallow. But, given the their track record inthe 4th qrtr this season, and the way game was unfolded, the lack of faith is justified. My first reaction was, WTF? But, then I realized why it was being done, and saw that it was the right call, and hate the reason why it had to be made. That said, the Wallace mirror image of Holmes SB td, took a lot of heat of Tomlin this week. Warranted or not, had the Steelers lost this game, he would've been roasted for that one. As is stands now, it's just a sidenote to the story.

3. If Ben doesn’t shake that sack the game is over. I like him very much.

Yeah, he drives you crazy sometimes, but I wouldn't trade him for the world.

4. Annoying that the Steelers got bumped in favor of the Iggles – 49-girls game. I had great fun listening to “Moose” Johnson slobbering all over Donovan McNabb instead of watching the Steelers.

Yeah, that was pretty rude of them. I actually had to listen to the first half on the radio, because we thought we could watch at my man's house, no Sunday ticket, because it was supposed to be on. We had to scramble back my house to catch the second half. It was actually kinda strange, six grown men, in the basement, huddled around a boombox, listening to a staticky, broadcast of the Steelers game. Felt like the 50s.

6. Why is it that Peyton Manning never gets injured?

I often ponder that very, intriguing question myself. I think, maybe he's living like a charmed life or something.

7. The Steelers miss Bryant McFadden.

Yessir!! In a big way.

8. Did you notice how wide open the Packers receivers was when they went up with 2:00 to go compared to how tightly Wallace was covered when he made his “Santonio Holmes tribute catch?

That's because they coach their corners to play aggressive. Steelers don't. As much as I wish the Steelers, I don't think they have the personnel, other than Ike, to do that. But, yeah, they let their corners actually challenge receivers at the los, and early in routes.

10. The Philip Rivers love-fest is getting nauseating. I believe the media has channeled its Patriots passion into the Chargers now. Can’t wait to see them bounced in the first round.

Yeah, they've become the new media darlings. but, that's cool, they'll win nothing again.

11. Wallace’s catch was awesome and timely but Heath Miller’s catch a couple plays earlier was noteworthy as well.

Great point..

:tt::tt02::tt:

CanadianSteel
12-21-2009, 09:15 AM
5. Andrea Kramer caught Big Ben before he went to the locker room for one of her insightful and riveting interviews. And as typically happens in Ben interviews he started spewing clichés faster than Miss Teen South Carolina in a beauty pageant. Ben has always been an awkward leader. I love it because it drives the Steelers opponents nuts. They feel like they just got beat by Baby Huey.

Love this one :)

redundantman
12-21-2009, 01:40 PM
Thank you. At least someone gets it.

Fixed.
I can't argue with the edit.

redundantman
12-22-2009, 06:42 AM
:tt::tt02::tt:

Love this one :)Sideline reports are a waste of air time ... show the cheerleaders ... show the San Diego Chicken ... show the drunk guy with his shirt off ... anything but one of the sideline reporters.

Angus Burgher
12-22-2009, 10:15 AM
5.Andrea Kramer caught Big Ben before he went to the locker room for one of her insightful and riveting interviews. And as typically happens in Ben interviews he started spewing clichés faster than Miss Teen South Carolina in a beauty pageant. Ben has always been an awkward leader. I love it because it drives the Steelers opponents nuts. They feel like they just got beat by Baby Huey.

:rofl:

God, I hate Andrea Kramer. How the hell did she get a job as a sideline reporter? It's as if someone in the studio sent their grandmother to report on the game because the weather was too shitty or something. If you have to have a sideline reporter who contributes nothing to the broadcast, then at least give me Lindsay Soto or Michelle Beisner so I can have some eye candy.

markymarc
12-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Another great post redundantman. I am sure this one was much easier after a victory again :chuckle: