PDA

View Full Version : Greg Warren

Bus36RollsUrlacher
12-21-2009, 10:09 AM
It appears that we lost our long snapper for the rest of the season on the final play of the game yesterday. Guys like that generally get overlooked, but that could prove to be huge for us...(having flashbacks to James Harrison long snapping in the Giants Game in '08)

http://steelerstoday.com/?p=981

Steel_12
12-21-2009, 10:12 AM
It appears that we lost our long snapper for the rest of the season on the final play of the game yesterday. Guys like that generally get overlooked, but that could prove to be huge for us...(having flashbacks to James Harrison long snapping in the Giants Game in '08)

Hopefully, we'll sign somebody this time instead of trying Harrison again.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-21-2009, 10:22 AM
Look for Retofsky to be signed. Worst case scenario is that Doug Legursky has also worked out long snapping, so you will probably never see Harrison in there doing that again.

oldschool
12-21-2009, 11:21 AM
You don't know what you got till it's gone, tough break for Greg (again!). I hope he can come back (again). He has been a rock over the years, in a sometimes questionable special teams unit.

I remember being at camp Greg's first year, and someone in our group got his autograph,(for their brother who wasn't there), as a joke, they thought he was free agent "Camp Fodder', boy were they wrong!:tt:

SteelMember
12-21-2009, 01:33 PM
Look for Retofsky to be signed. Worst case scenario is that Doug Legursky has also worked out long snapping, so you will probably never see Harrison in there doing that again.

I re-watched that last play to see what happened... He basically got steamrolled on both sides, and folded in half. ouch!

Steelman16
12-21-2009, 01:36 PM
I re-watched that last play to see what happened... He basically got steamrolled on both sides, and folded in half. ouch!

Way to take one for the team, Greg! If in the improbable event we make the playoffs, I think we should dedicate them to him.

DoubleYoi
12-21-2009, 01:37 PM

Bring on A.Q. Shipley. Hometown boy could come up big for the Black 'N Gold. They'll most likely sign a proven long-snapper as opposed to promoting Shipley from the practice squad but it'd be interesting to see that happen. Followed A.Q through High School and College. His size always gets knocked but he proved he could play very well at a major Division 1-A school.

Glace
12-21-2009, 03:12 PM
Hopefully, we'll sign somebody this time instead of trying Harrison again.

"Silverbaaack....SNAAAAAAPPPPPP!!!!"
:rofl:

BlastFurnace
12-21-2009, 03:14 PM
I saw on scouts.com message board that Retofsky has been signed.

TheWarDen86
12-21-2009, 03:18 PM
I watched that XP in slow motion. The guy to his right (Willie Colon) got run over and fell on his knee as he was trying to go left.

Dylan
12-21-2009, 05:20 PM
Bring on A.Q. Shipley. Hometown boy could come up big for the Black 'N Gold. They'll most likely sign a proven long-snapper as opposed to promoting Shipley from the practice squad but it'd be interesting to see that happen. Followed A.Q through High School and College. His size always gets knocked but he proved he could play very well at a major Division 1-A school.

Completely agree

Preacher
12-21-2009, 06:16 PM
Completely agree

It would be smarter to have Legurskey play.. as he has had time on the field at this level, and played well when given the chance.

The only question is whether he can long snap the ball.

Aussie_steeler
12-21-2009, 06:36 PM
http://www.timesonline.com/bct_news/news_details/article/1373/2009/december/21/steelers-sign-jared-retkofsky-to-replace-injured-greg-warren.html

Steelers sign Jared Retkofsky to replace injured Greg WarrenTEXT SIZE By: Mike BiresBeaver County Times
Monday December 21, 2009 06:01 PM
Mike Bires

Times Sports Staff

PITTSBURGH —The Steelers will sign long-snapper Jared Retkofsky to replace to injured snapper Greg Warren.

Warren suffered a season-ending knee injury on the last play of Sunday’s 37-36 win over the Green Bay Packers. He was hurt on the extra point that followed Ben Roethlisberger’s 19-yard touchdown pass to Mike Wallace with no time left on the clock.

This will be Retkofsky’s second stint with the Steelers. He was re-signed in October of 2008 after Warren was placed on injured reserve with a knee injury.

Advertisement Rekofsky served as the Steelers' long snapper through the rest of the regular season and playoffs as the Steelers beat the Arizona Cardinals in Super Bowl XLIII.

Warren’s latest injury is not related to his knee injury last year.

“It’s the other leg,” coach Mike Tomlin said