PDA

View Full Version : Man set fire to his girlfriend

Steelboy84
12-21-2009, 01:09 PM
A woman is at a Georgia burn center with third-degree burns after her boyfriend allegedly set her on fire inside a vehicle late Saturday in Jackson.

Wade Lewis, 49, of Jackson is charged with aggravated assault, Jackson Chief Fire Investigator Greg Travis said. He would not release the woman's name but did say Lewis was her boyfriend.

Lewis was taken into custody around midnight Saturday in the parking lot of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 9832, 4610 Sunray Drive, after firefighters responded to a 911 call that a vehicle and a woman were on fire, Travis said.

"Based on the investigation, it seems like he poured an ignitable liquid on her, placed her in the vehicle, then set her on fire," Travis said.

The woman was taken by ambulance to University of Mississippi Medical Center before being sent to the center in Augusta, Ga., he said.

"We haven't been told her condition, but we do know she suffered third-degree burns and smoke inhalation," Travis said.

The VFW has a lounge that is open on weekends. There were a number of people inside the building at the time of the fire.

Lewis and the woman had just left, said Sam Clay, VFW post commander, when "someone came in and told us there was a truck outside on fire. We went outside to investigate.

"The woman was out of the truck, but it was still on fire so we got everybody to move their cars because we didn't know if it was going to explode."

A security guard called 911, according to reports.

Clay described Lewis and the woman as customers who came in and left together. He said he did not know them or see them arguing while inside.

"When they left, everyone seemed to be fine. Whatever caused it must have happened from the time they left and the time they got to the truck," Clay said.

Lewis is being held in the Hinds County Detention Center. His bond has not been set.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20091221/NEWS/912210325/1001/rss01

Nadroj 20
12-21-2009, 01:11 PM
Thats freaking sick, i cant beleive what goes through some peoples head :banging: :banging:

Preacher
12-21-2009, 04:31 PM
What a shame...

NJarhead
12-21-2009, 04:44 PM
A woman is at a Georgia burn center with third-degree burns after her boyfriend allegedly set her on fire inside a vehicle late Saturday in Jackson.

Wade Lewis, 49, of Jackson is charged with aggravated assault, Jackson Chief Fire Investigator Greg Travis said. He would not release the woman's name but did say Lewis was her boyfriend.

Lewis was taken into custody around midnight Saturday in the parking lot of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 9832, 4610 Sunray Drive, after firefighters responded to a 911 call that a vehicle and a woman were on fire, Travis said.

"Based on the investigation, it seems like he poured an ignitable liquid on her, placed her in the vehicle, then set her on fire," Travis said.

The woman was taken by ambulance to University of Mississippi Medical Center before being sent to the center in Augusta, Ga., he said.

"We haven't been told her condition, but we do know she suffered third-degree burns and smoke inhalation," Travis said.

The VFW has a lounge that is open on weekends. There were a number of people inside the building at the time of the fire.

Lewis and the woman had just left, said Sam Clay, VFW post commander, when "someone came in and told us there was a truck outside on fire. We went outside to investigate.

"The woman was out of the truck, but it was still on fire so we got everybody to move their cars because we didn't know if it was going to explode."

A security guard called 911, according to reports.

Clay described Lewis and the woman as customers who came in and left together. He said he did not know them or see them arguing while inside.

"When they left, everyone seemed to be fine. Whatever caused it must have happened from the time they left and the time they got to the truck," Clay said.

Lewis is being held in the Hinds County Detention Center. His bond has not been set.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20091221/NEWS/912210325/1001/rss01

"aggravated assault????"

Why not attempted murder?

SteelersinCA
12-21-2009, 05:10 PM
This reminds me of the cat story, maybe someone should have just glued her to the road.

Too soon??

NJarhead
12-21-2009, 05:16 PM
This reminds me of the cat story, maybe someone should have just glued her to the road.

Too soon??

Oh c'mon man! I had a better joke than that! :chuckle:

But I refrained because it was inappropriate. :flap:

SteelersinCA
12-21-2009, 05:17 PM
Well I didn't want to go too crazy. But if we are going all out, go for it!!

NJarhead
12-21-2009, 05:18 PM
Well I didn't want to go too crazy. But if we are going all out, go for it!!

At the risk of offending, I'll pm it to ya. ...or prop it.

SteelersinCA
12-21-2009, 05:19 PM
What's a little offensive humor among friends? $10 says she's a fire crotch!

stlrtruck
12-21-2009, 05:21 PM
At the risk of offending, I'll pm it to ya. ...or prop it.

Withholding jokes isn't funny! :popcorn: :flap:

NJarhead
12-21-2009, 05:27 PM
What's a little offensive humor among friends? $10 says she's a fire crotch!

Does that mean she's hot?

:chuckle:

Oh man, I'm going to Hell. Damn you SiCA!