PDA

View Full Version : mike wallace vs. nate washington

tony hipchest
12-21-2009, 08:06 PM
nate washington statistically has always been one of the best #3 wr's in the league, since taking the position in his 2nd year. now he is a starter, making a pretty penny.

its amazing how well mike wallace stacks up (and statistically he may be blowing out every other #3 wr in the league as a rookie)

mike wallace- REC 34 YDS 609 AVG 17.9 TDS 5

2009 nate washington- REC 37 YDS 447 AVG 12.1 TDS 6

. he is on pace to best washingtons career best in any and all of the individual statistics-

career high of 40 rec/631 yds in 08, 6 td's in 09 and 17.8 ypc in 06.

of all wr's with 30+ catches, wallace is 4th or 5th in the league in ypc and is 10th in the league for rookie receptions. no rookie has more than austin collies 53 rec/ 7td, hakeem nicks 18.0 ypc, or percy harvins 691 yds. (these guys are all pretty much the #2 on their team).

:applaudit:

Preacher
12-21-2009, 08:08 PM
I wonder about the number of times targeted vs. receptions. That would be VERY telling between Nate and Mike.

tony hipchest
12-21-2009, 08:12 PM
wallace has 1 grotesque fumble vs the chiefs and several drops. nothing near the habitual drops that plagued washington.

as for any #3 wr that is having a better year than wallace this year, i can only think of pierre garcon/austin collie (both have similar stats so take your pick).

steve breaston was the best last year. so far this year-

REC 48 YDS 632 AVG 13.2 TDS 3

NJarhead
12-21-2009, 08:12 PM
I wonder about the number of times targeted vs. receptions. That would be VERY telling between Nate and Mike.

Definitely.

Preacher
12-21-2009, 08:15 PM
Found this stat..

Mike Wallace
Targets . . Drops . . . Percent Caught . . .Percent First Down
63. . . . . . . . 1 . . . . . . . . .54.0 ...... . . . . . . . . .. 36.5

Nate Washington

Targets . . . Drops . . . Percent Caught . . . . Percent First Down
82 . . . . . . . . 6 . . . . . . . . . 45.1 . . . . . . . . . . . . 31.7

As I read that it seems to me that Wallace drops less that are thrown to him. the percent caught doesn't strike me, simply because that could be issues of throwing in traffic or errant passes, etc.

tony hipchest
12-21-2009, 08:18 PM
preacher... you wanna run that stat vs collie and garcon to see how wallace might fare in indy's offense as a number 2-3?

NJarhead
12-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Found this stat..

Mike Wallace

Nate Washington

No surprise there.

I used to kind of defend Nate because Ben would under throw to him occasionally (see SB XLIII for one example), but Ben under threw Wallace a time or two and more times than not, the catch has been made. Last night it was made, a tackle broken and a TD scored.

Add to that that it seems to be pretty universally thought that behind QB, WR is the toughest position to come in as a rookie and make an impact. We're lucky to have him.

Preacher
12-21-2009, 08:21 PM
preacher... you wanna run that stat vs collie and garcon to see how wallace might fare in indy's offense as a number 2-3?

Naaa. I already know what we have in the kid.

I just can't believe we got ANOTHER third round gem that is playing like a first rounder.

Because all in all, that IS how the kid is playing.

AllD
12-21-2009, 08:43 PM
He was a 5th year senior which explains some of his maturity. He also stated in an interview he is hungry to succeed. I will take somebody who can focus and has a burning desiree to make the most of his opportunities over somebody who still wets the bed and has an excuse for everything. It is obvious "60 Minutes" has the good hands and courage that some of our other young WRs lack.

Not to mention how much potential Wallace has whereas Washington is a known commoditiy who has peaked.

LukesDad88
12-21-2009, 08:46 PM
Well, put it this way. Right now, Wallace is ranked #54 in yardage, 17th in Yards per Attempt, tied for 31st in TD's, etc...

These results include all wide receivers, tight ends, and running backs. These stats indicate he's outperforming many teams #2 WRs.

LukesDad88
12-21-2009, 08:47 PM
BTW, Homes is 4th, Ward is 12th, and Miller is 39th.

MasterOfPuppets
12-21-2009, 09:04 PM
Found this stat..

Mike Wallace

Nate Washington

As I read that it seems to me that Wallace drops less that are thrown to him. the percent caught doesn't strike me, simply because that could be issues of throwing in traffic or errant passes, etc.
1 drop ??? :uhh: ...sorry but i don't find that to be very accurate.

pepsyman1
12-21-2009, 09:07 PM
This kid is gonna be a real good one. You look at his production as a number 3, consider it's his first year and how fast he is....Hines has earned the right to play as long as he wants in my opinion (look at the year he's having too) , but when he decides to hang it up I think Santonio & Wallace are gonna have us well covered in the WR dept.

GoSlash27
12-21-2009, 09:07 PM
Mike Wallace is flat-out amazing. We're very lucky to have him.
He's a shoe-in for NFL rookie of the year... *if* we make the playoffs.

Preacher
12-21-2009, 09:08 PM

I was wondering about that myself.

Gotta wonder how subjective it is "was that a drop, or was it just not a properly thrown pass" Much like Baseball.

Nonetheless... I think compared to Washington, Wallace is a GREAT find for us.

MasterOfPuppets
12-21-2009, 09:10 PM
wallace has 1 grotesque fumble vs the chiefs and several drops. nothing near the habitual drops that plagued washington.

as for any #3 wr that is having a better year than wallace this year, i can only think of pierre garcon/austin collie (both have similar stats so take your pick).

steve breaston was the best last year. so far this year-

REC 48 YDS 632 AVG 13.2 TDS 3
actually there is a few.....harvin, maclin, britt, nicks...had crabtree not held out so long, he'd probably be leading all rookies.
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&statisticCategory=RECEIVING&season=2009&seasonType=REG&experience=0&tabSeq=0&qualified=true&Submit=Go

NJarhead
12-21-2009, 09:12 PM

Drops aren't just passes not caught. And considering he dropped one last night, it might not be counted.

it states that he's hauled in 54% of passes thrown his way. Since all WR's are graded the same way, it's still a good measuring stick.

Is that what you're talking about?

tony hipchest
12-21-2009, 09:20 PM
actually there is a few.....harvin, maclin, britt, nicks...had crabtree not held out so long, he'd probably be leading all rookies.
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&statisticCategory=RECEIVING&season=2009&seasonType=REG&experience=0&tabSeq=0&qualified=true&Submit=Goall those rookies are really #1 or #2 on their team though. crabtree and knox absolutely have to be atleast the #2 options on their team. kenny britts #s are better than whashington, and hakeem nicks has gotta atleast be the#2. harvin had edged out berrian as the #2 option.

all those guys were drafted with open cometition for the #1 slot. wallaces ceiling was the #3 (a role he fits nicely to this point).

supa_fly_steeler
12-21-2009, 09:28 PM
lol the titans clearly overpaid washington, wallace is gonna be a great stud in this league, as sad as it may be when he becomes starter he will most definitley rack up 1000 in first season.

he made that ole miss javon snead look good.

tony hipchest
12-21-2009, 09:30 PM
Mike Wallace is flat-out amazing. We're very lucky to have him.
He's a shoe-in for NFL rookie of the year... *if* we make the playoffs.unfortunataly he is not afforded the opportunities to compete for that award.

he has 1 game with 7 rec., 1 with 4, 2 games with 3, and all others just 2.

shady mccoy has more receptions than him at this point, and thats not even counting his rushing yards.

Psyychoward86
12-21-2009, 10:21 PM
Found this stat..

Mike Wallace

Nate Washington

r u cereal

MasterOfPuppets
12-21-2009, 10:30 PM
I was wondering about that myself.

Gotta wonder how subjective it is "was that a drop, or was it just not a properly thrown pass" Much like Baseball.

Nonetheless... I think compared to Washington, Wallace is a GREAT find for us. i guess his only "drop" , was that would have been, 71 yard bomb td ? what about the one he dropped in the endzone a few weeks ago ?

Nadroj 20
12-21-2009, 10:45 PM
I never had a problem with washington, he dropped some balls but i was always ok with him as our #3....but i just love Wallace and would take him over washington anyday.

Preacher
12-21-2009, 10:48 PM
i guess his only "drop" , was that would have been, 71 yard bomb td ? what about the one he dropped in the endzone a few weeks ago ?

I have no idea. YOu'd have to ask the stat people.

NJarhead
12-21-2009, 10:50 PM
i guess his only "drop" , was that would have been, 71 yard bomb td ? what about the one he dropped in the endzone a few weeks ago ?

I have no idea. YOu'd have to ask the stat people.

I tried searching for what constitutes a dropped pass, but I came up with a bunch of other fans asking the same question and some hockey tips. lol

steelpride12
12-22-2009, 12:12 AM
Wallace is a tank and this kid is going to be a huge threat for this offense for seasons to come! Me think Christmas means his jersey is mine!

43Hitman
12-22-2009, 08:33 AM
I tried searching for what constitutes a dropped pass, but I came up with a bunch of other fans asking the same question and some hockey tips. lol

They have dropped passes in hockey? :flap:

steelcity1974
12-22-2009, 08:40 AM
Imagine if Sweed could catch a ball. We already have an explosive group of receivers in Holmes, Ward, Wallace, and Heath...and Moore on occasion. Immagine if Sweed wasn't as inept at catching a football as I am inept at hooking up with super models. Anyone have some of the stickem stuff they used on that guy in the Replacements movie?

SteelMember
12-22-2009, 08:47 AM

Is it fair to compare a guy that is right out of the box, to a seasoned vet. Shouldn't we give him three more years? I mean, that's what we gave Washington to finally get it going. :chuckle:

Seriously, Wallace seems to be our "bright spot" this season.

Actually, there are dropped passes in hockey. Almost every game. Just not the way your thinking.

When a player skating with the puck keeps skating without the puck, leaving it for the player behind to play.

Make sense. :chuckle: :noidea:

CPanther95
12-22-2009, 08:52 AM
Imagine if Sweed wasn't as inept at catching a football as I am inept at hooking up with super models. Anyone have some of the stickem stuff they used on that guy in the Replacements movie?

For you, or Sweed?

steelcity1974
12-22-2009, 09:01 AM
For you, or Sweed?

Are you serious Clark?

CPanther95
12-22-2009, 09:06 AM
Are you serious Clark?

Yes, I'm serious. Nothing better at snagging supermodels than stickem.

steelerdave1969
12-22-2009, 09:10 AM
I love Mike Wallace myself and if the ball is close to him he is most like gonna Catch It. Where Nate you knew he wouldnt catch it if he were wide open, the only time he caught the ball was when it was a more difficult catch. The Only Problem I have concerning Wallace is " That Ben's Arm Isnt Strong Enough To Throw it Far Enough "

steelcity1974
12-22-2009, 09:15 AM
Yes, I'm serious. Nothing better at snagging supermodels than stickem.

Nice! :chuckle:

CPanther95
12-22-2009, 09:18 AM
The Only Problem I have concerning Wallace is " That Ben's Arm Isnt Strong Enough To Throw it Far Enough "

When Ben gets his timing with Wallace dialed in - and trust that he'll outrun his coverage - he'll let loose sooner and hit him in stride.

43Hitman
12-22-2009, 09:50 AM
Is it fair to compare a guy that is right out of the box, to a seasoned vet. Shouldn't we give him three more years? I mean, that's what we gave Washington to finally get it going. :chuckle:

Seriously, Wallace seems to be our "bright spot" this season.

Actually, there are dropped passes in hockey. Almost every game. Just not the way your thinking.

When a player skating with the puck keeps skating without the puck, leaving it for the player behind to play.

Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks. I don't know jack about hockey.

Dino 6 Rings
12-22-2009, 01:39 PM
Wallace is so fast it hurts my eyes to watch him on gameday because I'm unable to focus at that speed.

he's the Steal of the draft as far as I'm concerned up to this point. He's out performing all our Draft picks combined from last season.

OX1947
12-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Wallace is a better receiver in game 1 of his career against the TItans then Washington was ever or ever will be.

NJarhead
12-22-2009, 03:44 PM

According to Google: yes. :wink02:

SEE! :flap:

SteelGhost
12-22-2009, 04:55 PM
I love Mike Wallace myself and if the ball is close to him he is most like gonna Catch It. Where Nate you knew he wouldnt catch it if he were wide open, the only time he caught the ball was when it was a more difficult catch. The Only Problem I have concerning Wallace is " That Ben's Arm Isnt Strong Enough To Throw it Far Enough "

Now, I can read it :chuckle:

j/k Dave :wave:

On a serious note, I don't miss Nate W. at all :popcorn: