01-29-2006, 01:56 PM
On active rosters:

Steelers - CB Willie Williams XXX

Seahawks - DT Chuck Darby XXXVII
Seahawks - WR Joe Jurevicius XXXV, XXXVII
Seahawks - P Tom Rouen XXXII, XXXIII
Seahawks - C Robbie Tobeck XXXIII
Seahawks - DE Grant Wistrom XXXIV, XXXVI

Then there is Holmgren: this is Holmgren's 5th time to the Super Bowl. He has won it 3 times. Twice as an assistant coach in San Fran and once as head coach of Green Bay. How has Cowher done in the Super Bowl?

Damn, this is gonna be one helluva game!!! I can't wait!

OX1947
01-29-2006, 02:16 PM
So did Buffalo....

SteelCityMan786
01-29-2006, 02:28 PM
Expierence Don't Mean Shit Zorn. Talk All ya want. We'll do the walkin.

SteeLKurtain
01-29-2006, 02:38 PM
I think it helps to have been there before. Our lack of experience may comeback to haunt us... However I am not worried because our coaches have been their before, although they have not won.

SteelCityMan786
01-29-2006, 02:39 PM
Steel It doesn't matter if you have been there before. Our coaches know what it takes. The Steelers Will GET IT DONE!

brianski71
01-31-2006, 01:47 AM
exactly how many rings do zorn and largent have? yeah just checking........glad to see that all of the big time stars of the seahawks that have super bowl expeience......man get the hell outta here go to the seahawks message board where you and the other 11 seahawks fans worldwide (isnt that why they retired #12? - for the number of fans in "seahawk nation) can cheer on your kinda blue and ugly ass green :sign06: ....those are your official colors right? :tt:
:blah: :monkey: :sign10: :sign08:

Rust-Buster
01-31-2006, 02:47 AM
I feel good that Holgrem is coaching the Hawks, he is a great coach that is not impeded by front office BS this year. There will be alot a Hawks wearing rings this year.

Rust-Buster
01-31-2006, 02:50 AM
I didn't look up the assistant coaches for the Seahawks that have been to the big dance, but I heard the Hawks have some advantages there too.

seahawksfan
01-31-2006, 03:00 AM
Expierence Don't Mean Shit Zorn. Talk All ya want. We'll do the walkin.

Yep, you'll be walkin alright...Back with your heads down, towels drying your eyes...once again experiencing the agony of defeat at the hands of the Seahawks.

Sleepless In Seattle
01-31-2006, 03:01 AM
Living here in Seattle I have been hearing the crap from the Seachickens all week. Nice try with the 12th man. Too bad the idea was already taken by Texas A@M...since 1922?! I think Pittsburgh should take the seachickens to court for copying the TERRIBLE TOWEL! Never mind, Seattle's version is white and that does mean surrender? I just love it when they swing those surrender towels! Just a few more days till destiny! OUT

seahawksfan
01-31-2006, 03:03 AM
Living here in Seattle I have been hearing the crap from the Seachickens all week. Nice try with the 12th man. Too bad the idea was already taken by Texas A@M...since 1922?! I think Pittsburgh should take the seachickens to court for copying the TERRIBLE TOWEL! Never mind, Seattle's version is white and that does mean surrender? I just love it when they swing those surrender towels! Just a few more days till destiny! OUT

No, not surrender, just white like your towels were originally...before you got scared of the big bad Seahawks, wet your pants and wiped up with your towel.

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-31-2006, 06:42 AM
On active rosters:

Then there is Holmgren: this is Holmgren's 5th time to the Super Bowl. He has won it 3 times. Twice as an assistant coach in San Fran and once as head coach of Green Bay. How has Cowher done in the Super Bowl?

Damn does this mean were underdogs again?? I hope so. We could always steal the cute little mascot and use him for a tailgate food!

83-Steelers-43
01-31-2006, 08:22 AM
So did Buffalo....

:rofl:

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-31-2006, 08:25 AM
I feel good that Holgrem is coaching the Hawks, he is a great coach that is not impeded by front office BS this year. There will be alot a Hawks wearing rings this year.Its just that none of them will be sporting Super Bowl rings.:bouncy:

DIESELMAN
01-31-2006, 08:45 AM
On active rosters:

You call that experience???LOL...I guess that somehow someway "all that experience" is supposed to rub off on a team who barely has any playoff experience as a team as a whole? Give me a break bro.....come sunday all the "super bowl experience" in the world won't help the Seachickens as the STEELERS will ROLL in a BIG way!!!!...:helmet:

Suitanim
01-31-2006, 10:11 AM
So did Buffalo....

ZING! Shoots that "stat" down.

No, not surrender, just white like your towels were originally...before you got scared of the big bad Seahawks, wet your pants and wiped up with your towel.

This may be the worst smack I've ever heard. There's just so many things bad about it. Factually inaccurate, disrespectful, and fully acknowledging yet another blatant Seahawks rip-off.

Sleepless In Seattle
01-31-2006, 01:37 PM
I hate to tell you boys but living here in Seatlle you find out the whole city is a fraud. They copy the 12th man slogan, they copy the terrible towel, Concuss-Shawn thinks the whole concussion thing is in style, Ken Hamlin....well at least he took his beat down like a man, they also have a wife beater, again not original. And poor Matt he thinks that he can bring back rogaine and homosexuality? Give me a break I cannot wait to see the whole city jump off the wagon just like they did the Mariners. SAD!

seahawksfan
01-31-2006, 01:37 PM
This may be the worst smack I've ever heard. There's just so many things bad about it. Factually inaccurate, disrespectful, and fully acknowledging yet another blatant Seahawks rip-off.

Great. Mission accomplished. Rip off? Give me a break pal, towels were around long before the Steelers faithful started to use them.

seahawksfan
01-31-2006, 01:39 PM
I hate to tell you boys but living here in Seatlle you find out the whole city is a fraud. They copy the 12th man slogan, they copy the terrible towel, Concuss-Shawn thinks the whole concussion thing is in style, Ken Hamlin....well at least he took his beat down like a man, they also have a wife beater, again not original. And poor Matt he thinks that he can bring back rogaine and homosexuality? Give me a break I cannot wait to see the whole city jump off the wagon just like they did the Mariners. SAD!

What's sad is a pathetic loser like you lives here. Frauds are those that complain about where they live and stay anyway. Crawl back under your capitol hill boyfriend's butt and enjoy your stay.

Sleepless In Seattle
01-31-2006, 02:22 PM
I did not mean to upset you. I actually love the city it's just the fake fans that are annoying. I respect your dedication for being a fan for the last month? week? I hope you are not mad at me I was really looking forward to that BJ later on tonight.

TexaSteeler
01-31-2006, 02:33 PM
Great piont. A Super Bowl weathered punter is key to stopping the Steelers.

We're talking about guys that played in SB's 5, 7, 8 years ago, which means they're old and have lost a step.

And Holmgren also knows how to loose a SB.

Suitanim
01-31-2006, 03:22 PM
Great. Mission accomplished.
You're proud to have rattled off some of the worst smack ever? And, for the record, you're wrong about the towel...

Pathetic.

clevestinks
01-31-2006, 03:31 PM
On active rosters:

Wow we should forfiet now! Damn!

ZornToLargent
01-31-2006, 04:55 PM
You call that experience???LOL...I guess that somehow someway "all that experience" is supposed to rub off on a team who barely has any playoff experience as a team as a whole? Give me a break bro.....come sunday all the "super bowl experience" in the world won't help the Seachickens as the STEELERS will ROLL in a BIG way!!!!...:helmet:
A whole helluva a lot more experience than your team. The only player on your active roster played a SB 10 years ago....and he isn't even going to play on Sunday.

So yeah...not a ring to be had on your current team....while I think our players have 4 rings....and that is not counting Holmgrens 3 rings of his own.

The Steelers will buckle under the pressure of all the lights and being the country favorites...WOW, that's a lot of pressure. I hope Bettis and the rest of the Bettis team actually practice this week.

ZornToLargent
01-31-2006, 04:58 PM
Great piont. A Super Bowl weathered punter is key to stopping the Steelers.

We're talking about guys that played in SB's 5, 7, 8 years ago, which means they're old and have lost a step.

And Holmgren also knows how to loose a SB.
The only player on your active roster was in a SB 10 yearsa ago...and he's your only one...and he isn't even going to play on Sunday. Holmgren also know how to win. He has 3 rings from 4 trips. I'd say he knows how to win more than lose. Cowher on the other hand has no idea what it feels like to win a SB. I don't suspect he will find out anytime soon, either.

Stlrs4Life
01-31-2006, 05:01 PM
So what? We'll see. On the radio this morningon espn radio that Darrel Jackson was interviewed and said he hopes it rains because it helps the Seachickens out????? Do they not realize the game is in a DOME??? 5 days before the SB and you have no idea it's indoors!!! Sounds like that experience is really working so far!

Hawk Believer
01-31-2006, 05:03 PM
Wow we should forfiet now! Damn!
The thought of writing a similar statment in response to equally bombastic Steeler claims has crossed my mind a few hundred times. But I restrain myself because 1) I would get carpal tunnel if I did respond to each one and 2) it would be boring around here if people weren't making passionate claims right now.

Here's hoping that everyone is still here for a few days after the SB no matter who wins.

syde18T
01-31-2006, 05:08 PM
While Seattle may have more personnel with Super Bowl experience/wins, keep in mind that those came when they were part of a different franchise. They are all working with different personnel and in a system that is different than the ones they came from, so therefore it really isn't a big factor. Cowher on the otherhand has been to the big game with the same team he's coaching now, so I would say the rate of how comfortable a coach is with a franchise's program leans more towards Pittsburgh. I'd personally take that over a team that has more rings that came from other seasons and from other teams. No disrespecting your Seahawks though Zorn. You guys are very solid and I admire the build up that the franchise has gone through, and they have come just as long of a way as the Steelers did....

BB2W
01-31-2006, 05:40 PM
Every team in the NFL has more Superbowl experience than the Steelers... I don't think it matters much

TexaSteeler
01-31-2006, 05:48 PM
ZING! Shoots that "stat" down.

We may have to open a new forum for this level of smack. We can call it the "Space Heater".

lotas
01-31-2006, 05:58 PM
So what? We'll see. On the radio this morningon espn radio that Darrel Jackson was interviewed and said he hopes it rains because it helps the Seachickens out????? Do they not realize the game is in a DOME??? 5 days before the SB and you have no idea it's indoors!!! Sounds like that experience is really working so far!
lol

blackngoldbaby
01-31-2006, 07:29 PM
ALL SEAHAWKS WAVE AROUND IS SWEAT RAGS! THE STEELER FANS HAVE THE GREAT ORIGINAL THE TERRRIBLE TOWL NO ONE WIL EVER HAVE THE TERRIBLE TOWL BUT THE STEELERS! KEEP WAVIN UM PROUD STEELER FANS, I WILL BE!:thumbsup: :tt:

ZornToLargent
01-31-2006, 07:37 PM
While Seattle may have more personnel with Super Bowl experience/wins, keep in mind that those came when they were part of a different franchise. They are all working with different personnel and in a system that is different than the ones they came from, so therefore it really isn't a big factor. Cowher on the otherhand has been to the big game with the same team he's coaching now, so I would say the rate of how comfortable a coach is with a franchise's program leans more towards Pittsburgh. I'd personally take that over a team that has more rings that came from other seasons and from other teams. No disrespecting your Seahawks though Zorn. You guys are very solid and I admire the build up that the franchise has gone through, and they have come just as long of a way as the Steelers did....
This is the only valid response to this thread.

You are right...they are all from previous teams and franchises. Though I don't think Cowher is any more comfortable with his team than Holmgren is with Seattle....I do think both teams are pretty scary right now...and I know personally, either team could kick my ass. Both teams worked incredibly hard to get where they are at.

This week is going by too incredibly sloooow!!!!

seahawksfan
01-31-2006, 10:04 PM
ALL SEAHAWKS WAVE AROUND IS SWEAT RAGS! THE STEELER FANS HAVE THE GREAT ORIGINAL THE TERRRIBLE TOWL NO ONE WIL EVER HAVE THE TERRIBLE TOWL BUT THE STEELERS! KEEP WAVIN UM PROUD STEELER FANS, I WILL BE!:thumbsup: :tt:

Good grief, this is a literate take. :yawn:

DIESELMAN
01-31-2006, 10:06 PM
A whole helluva a lot more experience than your team. The only player on your active roster played a SB 10 years ago....and he isn't even going to play on Sunday.

So yeah...not a ring to be had on your current team....while I think our players have 4 rings....and that is not counting Holmgrens 3 rings of his own.

The Steelers will buckle under the pressure of all the lights and being the country favorites...WOW, that's a lot of pressure. I hope Bettis and the rest of the Bettis team actually practice this week.

Well Hell we got 4 days 20 hours and 25 minutes to kill(courtesy of the Official Countdown Clock) Actually its 5 rings but who's counting.True or False? The Super Bowl is the biggest game of the year?I mean bigger then a playoff game....thats the goal of every team in the NFL is to get to the Super Bowl right?ok.....lets assume you said True.....then why is it that in the 7 years(and 3 rings) of Holmgren's reign as head coach is this the first year of a playoff victory since 1984? I mean with all that "Super Bowl Experience". I'll give you this though in the 7 years hes been coach they have been to the playoffs the same amount(4) as the Steelers.But with all that "Super Bowl Experience" you would think they could've at least won one playoff game or at least made it to a conference championship game.This game will NOT be played at Qwest Field,there is NO home field advantage throughout the Super Bowl.....So come sunday we'll see who buckles under the lights at Ford Field!!!!! :helmet:

TasmanianTroy271
01-31-2006, 10:15 PM
You know the Seahawks fans are worried, cause they're dragging up all these obscure stats, like anytime a HC has weighed 25+ pounds more than another HC, the heavier HC has won, or anytime an NFC Animal-named team has played an AFC Nonanimal-named team, NFC has won...:sofunny:

TexaSteeler
01-31-2006, 11:09 PM

Welcome back, Steelermaniac

steelguitar
01-31-2006, 11:12 PM
Not on the seachicken team. GO STEELLERS

Stlrs4Life
01-31-2006, 11:12 PM
lol

Don't laugh, it's true, he really said that! I wasn't joking about it. Still can't believe it!:dang:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-01-2006, 12:45 AM
all the BS excuses about who has this and that go out the window in just a few more days. Experience THIS man !! We're here to do a job and bring the Lombardi trophy back to Pittsburgh...bottom line, we're focused and ready to go.

We leave it all on the field come kickoff, and this weekend you'll find that out first hand. :tt:

Suitanim
02-01-2006, 09:59 AM
This is the only valid response to this thread.

Wow, the arrogance of you! The post itself is largely irrelevant, and the first and most valid response was that Buffalo probably fielded several of the most experienced Super Bowl teams, and look where it got them.

You were lucky to make a stupid post and get a few intelligent responses...no need to be a jackass about it.

ZornToLargent
02-01-2006, 10:47 AM
You know the Seahawks fans are worried, cause they're dragging up all these obscure stats...
Not worried....just incredibly bored and impatient for the game.

ZornToLargent
02-01-2006, 10:49 AM
Wow, the arrogance of you! The post itself is largely irrelevant, and the first and most valid response was that Buffalo probably fielded several of the most experienced Super Bowl teams, and look where it got them.

You were lucky to make a stupid post and get a few intelligent responses...no need to be a jackass about it.
Wipe your tears away. I didn't mean to offend anyone else who did reply to this thread. I am sure your contribution was relevant and helpfull to the discussion. Thank you.

:blah: :blah: :blah:

Lighten up...I didn't insult your mama.

Suitanim
02-01-2006, 11:08 AM
Wipe your tears away. I didn't mean to offend anyone else who did reply to this thread. I am sure your contribution was relevant and helpfull to the discussion. Thank you.

:blah: :blah: :blah:

Lighten up...I didn't insult your mama.

(Stretching out)

Yaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnn...