PDA

View Full Version : Steelers sign Jared Retkofsky to replace injured Greg Warren

mesaSteeler
12-21-2009, 07:42 PM
Steelers sign Jared Retkofsky to replace injured Greg Warren
TEXT SIZE Increase text size Decrease text size
By: Mike Bires
Beaver County Times
http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sports_details/article/1501/2009/december/21/steelers-sign-jared-retkofsky-to-replace-injured-greg-warren.html

Monday December 21, 2009 06:01 PM

PITTSBURGH —The Steelers will sign long-snapper Jared Retkofsky to replace to injured snapper Greg Warren.

Warren suffered a season-ending knee injury on the last play of Sunday’s 37-36 win over the Green Bay Packers. He was hurt on the extra point that followed Ben Roethlisberger’s 19-yard touchdown pass to Mike Wallace with no time left on the clock.

This will be Retkofsky’s second stint with the Steelers. He was re-signed in October of 2008 after Warren was placed on injured reserve with a knee injury.
Advertisement Click here

Rekofsky served as the Steelers' long snapper through the rest of the regular season and playoffs as the Steelers beat the Arizona Cardinals in Super Bowl XLIII.

Warren’s latest injury is not related to his knee injury last year.

“It’s the other leg,” coach Mike Tomlin said.

GoSlash27
12-21-2009, 08:03 PM
Heh... I'd almost rather take my chances with Harrison as long snapper and sign somebody to replace Willie Gay. :toofunny:

mesaSteeler
12-21-2009, 08:07 PM
With Sweed at home for the rest of season we have a open roster spot.

Psyychoward86
12-21-2009, 09:25 PM
he had some really shaky snaps for us last year. And that's saying a lot. If you notice your long snapper at all, it's usually not a good sign. I trust we wont lose any games because of him tho :chuckle:

Preacher
12-21-2009, 10:24 PM
I'd laugh if we signed him... and he ends up with a second SB ring in as many years!

Shea
12-21-2009, 10:33 PM
Jerame Tuman would have been a viable option for filling in for the long snapper. Kinda wish with the way Spaeth plays that we had just kept him. Spaeth seems like a nice guy, when you take away the public urination :sofunny:, but he just isn't cutting it for me in the TE area.

If Tuman was still on the roster we wouldn't be in this pickle, and would also be getting better play out of the second string TE.

JEFF4i
12-21-2009, 11:01 PM
Oh I don't like that. I remember last year, lol.

steelpride12
12-21-2009, 11:04 PM
Oh come on give Harrison a chance!

wootawnee
12-22-2009, 12:00 AM
Jerame Tuman would have been a viable option for filling in for the long snapper. Kinda wish with the way Spaeth plays that we had just kept him. Spaeth seems like a nice guy, when you take away the public urination :sofunny:, but he just isn't cutting it for me in the TE area.

If Tuman was still on the roster we wouldn't be in this pickle, and would also be getting better play out of the second string TE.

Are you saying if you pee outside you are not nice?.........I am not nice every day if that is the case........:sofunny:

Shea
12-22-2009, 12:06 AM
Are you saying if you pee outside you are not nice?.........I am not nice every day if that is the case........:sofunny:

Well ... how old are you?

My nephew use to love to pee outside anytime we took him outside the house. He was four...

Please tell me you're the same age and your mommy is posting for you. :flap:

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-22-2009, 12:35 AM
Welcome back Retofsky. Lets keep in mind that Legursky was working on long snapping too.

As for taking a whiz outside, happens all the time depending where you are....for instance, hiking in the woods, on a golf course in the trees, snowbank at 2am (writing name) or in the house in Kentucky.

Galax Steeler
12-22-2009, 04:14 AM
He was able to fill in last year so I guess he can do it again. I think we need to leave Harrison where he is at.:chuckle:

stlrtruck
12-22-2009, 08:54 AM
Heh... I'd almost rather take my chances with Harrison as long snapper and sign somebody to replace Willie Gay. :toofunny:

Well they did remove sweed from the active roster too. So there's still hope for your dreams! :chuckle:

markymarc
12-22-2009, 01:44 PM
That really sucks for Greg Warren. So does anyone else think this 2nd knee injury will end Warren's NFL career. I understand he is only a long snapper, but that makes 2 straight years now his season has ended with a knee injury. Maybe we can draft a long snapper now in 2010 :chuckle:

Welcome back to the Steelers Jared!