PDA

View Full Version : seattles line- 5th in sacks allowed

tony hipchest
01-29-2006, 01:43 PM
denver, indy, and cinci were 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. steelers racked up 12 sacks against those 3.

5 against #1 colts.

advantage steelers

Sharkissle29
01-29-2006, 01:59 PM
and all this talk about seattles oline being so good? just what facts do they have for that..??? yea they can run the ball, so what...most decent teams can.

Avoid Lloyd
01-29-2006, 02:19 PM
and all this talk about seattles oline being so good? just what facts do they have for that..??? yea they can run the ball, so what...most decent teams can.

Are you serious? They're RB was the league MVP. Their O-Line is pretty damn good.

I still think we'll pull out atleast 3+ sacks, but they're O-Line is great.

Oh, and running the ball is kinda important.

Infamix
01-29-2006, 02:26 PM
denver, indy, and cinci were 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. steelers racked up 12 sacks against those 3.

5 against #1 colts.

advantage steelers

I like those stats...

Brady12
01-29-2006, 02:32 PM
Not sure really how it is advantage Steelers. Sure they did this to those 3, but until they play Seattles O-Line on the field, you can't really speculate that Pittsbrugh has an advantage.. Peyton Manning supposedly has the advantage with the Colts to win it all.. They lost their first game.

tony hipchest
01-29-2006, 02:36 PM
on paper the mathematical advantage lies with the steelers. just like in boxing the taller guy usually has an advantage in height (doesnt alwayd dictate the outcome of the fight).

this stat just shows despite the fact that seattle is 5th best in the league in not allowing sacks, the steelers have still proven the capability to break through.

Hawk Believer
01-29-2006, 03:32 PM
In Indy's game....

I know Manning complained about his line. So what do you Steelers fans was the biggest factor in that game regarding the Colts O-Line?

- The line played poorly
- Manning made bad reads
- The Steelers just flat outplayed them

Just curious to hear your guys' take on that.

tony hipchest
01-29-2006, 03:39 PM
In Indy's game....

I know Manning complained about his line. So what do you Steelers fans was the biggest factor in that game regarding the Colts O-Line?

- The line played poorly
- Manning made bad reads
- The Steelers just flat outplayed them

Just curious to hear your guys' take on that.

the steelers outplayed them. while they have a great o-line they have historically done poorly against the 3-4 defense. their coaching staff waited too long to make adjustments

Hawk Believer
01-29-2006, 03:46 PM
the steelers outplayed them. while they have a great o-line they have historically done poorly against the 3-4 defense. their coaching staff waited too long to make adjustments
Therin lies my biggest concern for my Hawks. But Hasselbeck and the the coaching staff has been pretty good at making reads and adjusments lately. And they have a long time to plan. Can't wait for the game!

LambertIsGod58
01-29-2006, 03:48 PM
Manning reads defenses better than any QB in the league.

clevestinks
01-29-2006, 04:25 PM
I think we outplayed Indy`s line, but I also think that they were over rated, I`m not sure anyone ever blitzed them they way we did, with the exception of SD, and SD crushed them!

Cebby
01-29-2006, 04:27 PM
Manning reads defenses better than any QB in the league.

Especially as he's being sacked...:dang:

He does read them well, change his plays, try to trick you, catch you with too many on the field, and in the end, if he can get a pass off, can hurt you. However, Manning will never be the same after the end of this season. Everyone now knows that pressuring him will make him panic/hurry and make mistakes. They did a masterful job of keeping their opponents on their heals all season - we'll see what happens next year now that the gig is up..

I predict a 9-7 season for them next year. Don't tell me I'm crazy now, tell me in a year if Manning has been able to compose himself... Keep in mind, he has resorted to blaming other teammates - that attitude creates dissention. I think fellow players will work harder for someone who is humble and a team player - not someone pointing a finger at someone else. He apparently hasn't heard the addage of "when you point at someone you have 4 fingers pointing back at you"

clevestinks
01-29-2006, 04:33 PM
Joey Porter has been a man on a mission the past seven weeks! I`m looking for him to come up huge

LambertIsGod58
01-29-2006, 04:45 PM
Joey Porter has been a man on a mission the past seven weeks! I`m looking for him to come up huge

Possibly the games MVP....

OX1947
01-29-2006, 04:57 PM
Haven't you guys learned anything about this years playoffs? Stats dont mean diddle poo. Stop looking at stats and just relax. We beat denver in Invesco and they hadnt lost their all year. Indy allowed 17 sacks the entire year and we had 5 sacks PLUS 5 or 6 hurries in just that game. Look man, lets be realistic here. Seahawks are a good team, they have good players and deserve to be in the SUper Bowl. But c'mon, explain to me how we can lose on sunday if we do what we did to Denver and Indy in their own house. Seahawk fans should cheer and say their team is going to win because thats what real fans do. But when its all said and done, I just dont see how the hell the Steelers are going to lose if they play the way they have been playing.

Cebby
01-29-2006, 06:46 PM
Possibly the games MVP....

I would LOVE IT! Let's just hope he can curb his pregame enthusiasm a little... :tt:

Avoid Lloyd
01-29-2006, 07:37 PM
Haven't you guys learned anything about this years playoffs? Stats dont mean diddle poo. Stop looking at stats and just relax. We beat denver in Invesco and they hadnt lost their all year. Indy allowed 17 sacks the entire year and we had 5 sacks PLUS 5 or 6 hurries in just that game. Look man, lets be realistic here. Seahawks are a good team, they have good players and deserve to be in the SUper Bowl. But c'mon, explain to me how we can lose on sunday if we do what we did to Denver and Indy in their own house. Seahawk fans should cheer and say their team is going to win because thats what real fans do. But when its all said and done, I just dont see how the hell the Steelers are going to lose if they play the way they have been playing.

Well said.