PDA

View Full Version : Trufant Talks Crap in Seattle Times

SteeLKurtain
01-29-2006, 01:50 PM
Did you guys see Marcus Trufant's (Cornerback, Seattle) interview in the Seattle Times in this mornings Suday paper? He talks a bunch of crap about how they are going to shut down the Bus and our recievers, and how Cowher's trick plays wont work on the Seattle D.

I HOPE THAT ARTICLE ENDS UP ON OUR LOCKERROOM WALL!!!!!!

I cant wait till sunday.

LambertIsGod58
01-29-2006, 01:53 PM
Marcus Trufant, though talented, is nothing more than a 2nd rate thug....

SteelCityMan786
01-29-2006, 01:55 PM
Shows how classless The Seahawks are. It will be like when Ray Lewis Opened his mouth sayin crap about Plex when we had him. We won that game. I SMELL VICTORY THIS WEEK!

Avoid Lloyd
01-29-2006, 02:21 PM
Shows how classless The Seahawks are. It will be like when Ray Lewis Opened his mouth sayin crap about Plex when we had him. We won that game. I SMELL VICTORY THIS WEEK!

If trash talking makes the Seahawks classless then Joey Porter is the King of it.

Let him talk.

LambertIsGod58
01-29-2006, 03:14 PM
Last I knew, this was a Steelers site....hmmmm

Hawk Believer
01-29-2006, 03:17 PM
While Trufant is a Seahawk, he was also a Washington State Cougar. So you'll have to forgive him for the flaws that come along with that.... Go Dawgs!

SteelCityMan786
01-29-2006, 03:18 PM
If trash talking makes the Seahawks classless then Joey Porter is the King of it.

Let him talk.

NO NO NO That's No What I meant. What I meant was they can talk all they want. We're gonna do the walkin. Even though we got Porter to say a few words.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-29-2006, 03:18 PM
Rest assured every bit of trash talk will be all over the locker room.. The seahawks seem awfully busy talking while we just go about our business !

SteelCityMan786
01-29-2006, 03:21 PM
Rest assured every bit of trash talk will be all over the locker room.. The seahawks seem awfully busy talking while we just go about our business !

And you get more points for a good post. No cares if a team can talk the talk. They care if they WALK THE WALK!

ZornToLargent
01-29-2006, 03:25 PM
NO NO NO That's No What I meant. What I meant was they can talk all they want. We're gonna do the walkin. Even though we got Porter to say a few words.
Oh good, you take the "classless Seahawks" remark back and realize this is apart of football and your team does it as much.

Hawk Believer
01-29-2006, 03:27 PM
It don't mean a thing if you ain't got that ring....

ZornToLargent
01-29-2006, 03:28 PM
I see it just the opposite. I see the Steelers on camera and in the media talking about how you're going to "win one for the Bus" and all the Bettis talk...WAAAAYYY more than I have seen the Seahawks in the media.

seahawksfan
01-29-2006, 03:30 PM
Last I knew, this was a Steelers site....hmmmm

Get use to us visiting...smackdown begins Monday!

RoethlisBURGHer
01-29-2006, 03:36 PM
Let him talk,this way he looks stupid as hell when we run and pass all over the 'Hawks defense.

Hey,can one of you 'Hawk fans do me a favor and tell me exactly what a Seahawk is...I thought here were only Seagulls.

LambertIsGod58
01-29-2006, 03:41 PM
Get use to us visiting...smackdown begins Monday!

Wasn't talkin' to you clown.....Yeah, your Seahawks are in the SB but stop being so self absorbed.

Hawk Believer
01-29-2006, 03:41 PM
Let him talk,this way he looks stupid as hell when we run and pass all over the 'Hawks defense.

Hey,can one of you 'Hawk fans do me a favor and tell me exactly what a Seahawk is...I thought here were only Seagulls.

There really is no such bird.... The closest thing to a Seahawk would probably be an Osprey. Which is a pretty cool bird to watch fishing.

ZornToLargent
01-29-2006, 03:49 PM

http://www.10000birds.com/january2006.htm#1/14/06

Seahawk is but one of many nicknames for the awesome Osprey (Pandion haliaetus).

ZornToLargent
01-29-2006, 03:57 PM
There really is no such bird.... The closest thing to a Seahawk would probably be an Osprey. Which is a pretty cool bird to watch fishing.
That's what a Seahawk is...an Osprey.

We didn't make it up though. The Baltimore Colts began in Miami as the Miami Seahawks in 1946. They moved to Baltimore in 1947 and became the Colts. Thirty years later, we adopted the name.

Da'Burgh
01-29-2006, 04:04 PM
That's ok. Let him talk.

Infamix
01-29-2006, 04:11 PM
http://www.10000birds.com/january2006.htm#1/14/06

Seahawk is but one of many nicknames for the awesome Osprey (Pandion haliaetus).

lol wtf

It's fine, trash talk will happen. The Steelers want one for the thumb/bus/the other vets and the Seahawks want it just as bad because it's Seattle's first sb. should be a good game

blitzburghXL
01-29-2006, 04:44 PM
Why is Trufant talking? Last i checked, he didn't do much throughout the season or the playoffs. At least when Joey Porter talks he backs it up with a great performance.

ZornToLargent
01-29-2006, 05:01 PM
Why is Trufant talking? Last i checked, he didn't do much throughout the season or the playoffs. At least when Joey Porter talks he backs it up with a great performance.
Dude, I don't know what you're smoking, but apparently it's not while watching Seahawks football because Trufant has been KEY to our post season success...and our success all year long. Call him one of the unknows. You'll meet him soon enough. :bouncy:

SteelCityMan786
01-29-2006, 05:27 PM
Oh good, you take the "classless Seahawks" remark back and realize this is apart of football and your team does it as much.

Zorn It was a joke. We all trash talk at each other's teams.

SteelersNation7
01-29-2006, 05:34 PM
If Seattle wasnt in the NFC they wouldnt even be playing in the Super Bowl. They may be the best team in the NFC but the NFC's best is 3 or 4th best in the AFC.

steelermaniac
01-29-2006, 05:59 PM
You guys are a bunch of idiots... there is no article in the seattle times about trufant talking shit... that is about as believable as the "Polumalu cuts hair" post from yesterday, and you dumbasses always fall for it. The seahawks arent as stupid as joey porter to talk shit before a big game like this.

http://www.king5.com/perl/common/video/wmPlayer.pl?title=www.king5.com/sports/kisp_012906seahawkssendoff.wmv&props=SPORTS

SteelCityMan786
01-29-2006, 07:32 PM
Hey We Won Though. If it wasn't for the Houston Texans you wouldn't have been In Super Bowl XL.

steelermaniac
01-29-2006, 07:34 PM
Hey We Won Though. If it wasn't for the Houston Texans you wouldn't have been In Super Bowl XL.
How do you figure that?

Hawk Believer
01-29-2006, 07:39 PM
I think he is implying that the Texan's expansion caused the Hawks to move to the NFC....

The Butterfly effect.

steelermaniac
01-29-2006, 07:41 PM
that is a ridiculous statement

Avoid Lloyd
01-29-2006, 07:43 PM
The seahawks arent as stupid as joey porter to talk shit before a big game like this.

Joey Porter talked a bunch of trash, then backed it up in spades and we won the game.

How does that make him stupid?

SteelCityMan786
01-29-2006, 07:48 PM
I think he is implying that the Texan's expansion caused the Hawks to move to the NFC....

The Butterfly effect.

Exactly. That was what I meant.

theSteeler
01-29-2006, 07:53 PM
You guys are a bunch of idiots... there is no article in the seattle times about trufant talking shit... that is about as believable as the "Polumalu cuts hair" post from yesterday, and you dumbasses always fall for it. The seahawks arent as stupid as joey porter to talk shit before a big game like this.

http://www.king5.com/perl/common/video/wmPlayer.pl?title=www.king5.com/sports/kisp_012906seahawkssendoff.wmv&props=SPORTS

Thats because they know they can't back it up like Joey and the gang. I hope you know that that planned parade in Seattle will be a funeral march, baby!

SteelCityMan786
01-29-2006, 07:54 PM
See Unlike some teams. The Steelers CAN BACK THERE TRASH TALK!

Hawk Believer
01-29-2006, 07:57 PM
See Unlike some teams. The Steelers CAN BACK THERE TRASH TALK!
So no Steeler talked any trash since the fall of the Steel Curtain until this season, right?

SteelCityMan786
01-29-2006, 07:59 PM
So no Steeler talked any trash since the fall of the Steel Curtain until this season, right?

Trust me the Steelers as well as the Seahawks probably all excersized there right to Trash Talk. I know the Steelers have. The Ratbirds did to(Plexi-Glass).

Hawk Believer
01-29-2006, 08:07 PM
For the most part I have been pleased to see the Hawks haven't been overtly pleased with themselves. No gatorade shower, no excessive partying after NFC championship. Not too much trash talking as far as I could tell. They don't seem to have an attitude that just getting to the SuperBowl is good enough. And that could be an easy trap to fall into given our history.

But I am partisan and we all tend to see what we want to see...

SteelCityMan786
01-29-2006, 08:27 PM
I am actually pleased to see both haven't fallen there. Because that may mean a good Super Bowl. I like it when it's close. Keeps Fans On The Edge of there seats waiting what will happen next.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-29-2006, 09:19 PM
The Steelers do indeed back up their smack talk.. look no further than this years playoffs if you must..

but as far as the super bowl, so far we havent said much yet and the hawks have done some talking.. so we'll just save our comebacks for next sunday.

seahawksfan
01-29-2006, 09:57 PM
Wasn't talkin' to you clown.....Yeah, your Seahawks are in the SB but stop being so self absorbed.

If this isn't the pot calling the kettle black I don't what is. LOL.

JerseySTEEL
01-29-2006, 10:04 PM
So is there a real story with trufunt talking crap or what, and if so anyone mind positng a link for me thxs.

Rust-Buster
01-29-2006, 10:08 PM
I haven't really heard the Seahawks say anything bad about the Steelers this week out here. Being confident in your game isn't trash talkin', Trash Talkin is just putting down the other team or players with nothing to back it up. The Hawks are a tight organization this year. Coach Holgrem keeps that sort of talk out of the media. Nobody wants to give the Steelers any motivation around here. If anybody can lcate the exact quote, I'd be interested in seeing it here.

Rust-Buster
01-29-2006, 10:24 PM
That link doesn't do it, goes to some silly song link.....WHAT's Up? Is this like snipe hunting?

steelermaniac
01-29-2006, 10:43 PM
opps wrong link... here it is http://www.king5.com/perl/common/video/wmPlayer.pl?title=www.king5.com/sports/kisp_012906seahawkssendoff.wmv&props=SPORTS

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-30-2006, 01:20 AM
opps wrong link... here it is http://www.king5.com/perl/common/video/wmPlayer.pl?title=www.king5.com/sports/kisp_012906seahawkssendoff.wmv&props=SPORTS

Wasn't it you steelermanic who said it was so "high school" to have a pep rally, if not you it was some other hawker! Maybe the team should have told the fans about it so they could show up! Damn how many was there 1 or 2 thousand? That's the difference between a hawker rally and a STEELER rally, we had about 20,000 at ours and it is was on a weekday! I'll bet that pep rally registered another 3.0 on the ricther scale.
It was good to see the smart fans showed up, all the surrender flags they were waving!! That's a helluva good 12th man ya got there,too bad the 12th man is nothing compared to the STEELER NATION!!!

BTW, steelermanic now that your out of the closet and chaged your avatar why don't you change your name too,you are a insult to STEELER fans everywhere!!

steelermaniac
01-30-2006, 01:31 AM
Wasn't it you steelermanic who said it was so "high school" to have a pep rally, if not you it was some other hawker! Maybe the team should have told the fans about it so they could show up! Damn how many was there 1 or 2 thousand? That's the difference between a hawker rally and a STEELER rally, we had about 20,000 at ours and it is was on a weekday! I'll bet that pep rally registered another 3.0 on the ricther scale.
It was good to see the smart fans showed up, all the surrender flags they were waving!! That's a helluva good 12th man ya got there,too bad the 12th man is nothing compared to the STEELER NATION!!!

BTW, steelermanic now that your out of the closet and chaged your avatar why don't you change your name too,you are a insult to STEELER fans everywhere!!

a) It wasnt a pep ralley, it was a "Send Off Celebration." It was a last chance for the team to hear the 12th man roar and get a taste of the fans before they left to Detroit, which apparently has been taken over by stinky, mangey, ugly lookin steeler fans.

b) There was 10,000 people there. Pretty good turnout for a football function that started at 7:30 AM ON A SUNDAY MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!

and dont worry, we will have a bigger turnout for our victory parade.:cool: :cool: :cool:

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-30-2006, 06:03 AM
[QUOTE=steelermaniac]a) It wasnt a pep ralley, it was a "Send Off Celebration." It was a last chance for the team to hear the 12th man roar and get a taste of the fans before they left to Detroit, which apparently has been taken over by stinky, mangey, ugly lookin steeler fans.

b) There was 10,000 people there. Pretty good turnout for a football function that started at 7:30 AM ON A SUNDAY MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell at 7:30 on a Sunday morning there is already 10,000 STEELERS tailgating.
Why was it the last chance to hear your 12 guys,aren't they going to the game?? My bad no sense in wasting the money to see their team getting their ass kicked! KAPOW !It's not just 12 guys it's the STEELER NATION!!

cmdrfunk
01-30-2006, 07:47 AM
a) It wasnt a pep ralley, it was a "Send Off Celebration."

Hahaha... it's not a war it's a "military action."

You had a pep rally.

Avoid Lloyd
01-30-2006, 08:28 AM
"Send off celebration" - AKA "Pep rally".

ZornToLargent
01-30-2006, 11:37 AM
So is there a real story with trufunt talking crap or what, and if so anyone mind positng a link for me thxs.
Nope, it was all B.S.

steelermaniac
01-30-2006, 11:44 AM
Nope, it was all B.S.
And yet, it took them a whole day and five pages of posting to finally figure it out. WOW, these guys probably still think belichick called holmgren to discuss game plans!

thumb 2 come
01-30-2006, 01:02 PM
And yet, it took them a whole day and five pages of posting to finally figure it out. WOW, these guys probably still think belichick called holmgren to discuss game plans!

O lets just set this straight you guys played the cards,niners,and rams twice not too mention green bay and the texans. That's 8 practice squad teams.

Your stats are padded by strength of schedule if you had travelled our road with 4 games without hassleback you wouldn't even had made the playoffs.

Sorry but there will be no 12th man for you in Detroit it will be a sea of black and gold and your boy trufant will get punked. Just ask champ bailey.:boxing:

steelermaniac
01-30-2006, 01:25 PM
browns, ravens and bungals are something fierce. man you guys have it rough, i guess the bengals were untill that cheap shot and you took out their qb. you played the damn texans, titans, packers too dumb ass. and the loins for the cherry on top of your sundae schedule. It only took us one try to beat the colts.

SteelCurtain81
01-30-2006, 01:32 PM
we know we shouldn't even be in the superbowl right now, it should be the colts and the hawks rematch from christmas eve, if Big ben didn't fall down and get an arm out to trip nick harper none of us would even be talking to you right now maniac

vinella
01-30-2006, 01:40 PM
Jesus Christ. Will you Seahawks fans PLEASE get off here and stop talking smack! Grow up. The game is Sunday and then all questions will be answered. Pittsburgh deserves to be there and so do the 'hawks. It doesn't matter what anyone says. What matters is the scoreboard. They didn't make their schedule and they didn't invent the NFC. Their responsibility was to win as many games as possible and that's what they did. All these comparisons and the chest-thumping is ridiculous. Why isn't the game enough?

If we are, as we like to think, so freakin' different from other American cities, let's act like it. Jerome Bettis deserves every bit of attention he gets these days. And the Steelers are just like the 'hawks: they overcame tremendous odds, won when it counted, and did it with class. Period. Let it go.

steelermaniac
01-30-2006, 01:41 PM
Jesus Christ. Will you Seahawks fans PLEASE get off here and stop talking smack! Grow up. The game is Sunday and then all questions will be answered. Pittsburgh deserves to be there and so do the 'hawks. It doesn't matter what anyone says. What matters is the scoreboard. They didn't make their schedule and they didn't invent the NFC. Their responsibility was to win as many games as possible and that's what they did. All these comparisons and the chest-thumping is ridiculous. Why isn't the game enough?

If we are, as we like to think, so freakin' different from other American cities, let's act like it. Jerome Bettis deserves every bit of attention he gets these days. And the Steelers are just like the 'hawks: they overcame tremendous odds, won when it counted, and did it with class. Period. Let it go.
Time of the month lady?

seahawksfan
01-30-2006, 04:42 PM

Strong comment coming from a bandwagon fan. :dang: I agree, at the end of the day it's scoreboard. If you're uncomfortable here then maybe you'll be happier in the Blast Furnace. LOL. Anyway, this is fun running up against Steeler fans. Check out the threads; there have been pretty good conversations.

augustashark
01-30-2006, 04:53 PM
Strong comment coming from a bandwagon fan. :dang: I agree, at the end of the day it's scoreboard. If you're uncomfortable here then maybe you'll be happier in the Blast Furnace. LOL. Anyway, this is fun running up against Steeler fans. Check out the threads; there have been pretty good conversations.

Your right.......:boxing:

Hawk Believer
01-30-2006, 05:06 PM
Your right.......I know your not a bandwagon fan. You bleed blue my friend....You have posted some good info here since you came in.....I would say that you are the best!!

You were a fan since that godforsaken king dome was built....You cheered when there was nothing to cheer for. You have been through the bad and the bad!!!!

You coming in here and calling other steelers fans bandwagon jumpers is not going to work! I will be more than happy to see you in the Blast furnance if you keep this up....

How the hell do we know that you were not a niners fan up until 3yrs ago....Shut your pie hole and keep your post about the game or your other Hawk fans..

Shape up!
Read Vinella's last paragraph carefully. He is a Seahawk fan. Seahawkfan isn't dissing any Steelers.

augustashark
01-30-2006, 05:13 PM
Read Vinella's last paragraph carefully. He is a Seahawk fan. Seahawkfan isn't dissing any Steelers.

My bad! Happy trigger finger right now! Gota keep all you Hawk fans in order!:sofunny:

Hawk Believer
01-30-2006, 05:24 PM
My bad! Happy trigger finger right now! Gota keep all you Hawk fans in order!:sofunny:
I as well was a little confused by the exchange myself at first. Its been enjoyable lurking around the rivals' forum. Its a lot more interesting for me to participate in on your board than on one where most everyone else agrees with me.

vinella
01-30-2006, 05:29 PM
Yeah, I'm a Seahawk fan. NOT a bandwagon jumper. I've persevered with the team through the eras of clueless dullards like Rick Mirer and Dan McGwire and arrogant jackasses like Anthony Simmons and Shawn Springs since I moved here in '92 and have endured enough of the sort of agony/tedium that any true Seahawks fan knows about to have earned my stripes. And, yeah, Seattle IS a different place. Any out-of-town fan who has ever come here knows it. We're kind to strangers, don't take ourselves too seriously, know enough to appreciate a great performance even if it didn't happen to come from a Seahawk, and don't jump in the Sound when things aren't going well. We have our share of loud-mouthed buttheads but we usually don't encounter them outside Qwest Field. The fact that some are on here, acting like beered-up Eagles fans, is embarrassing to me. So, I'll go read something else.

And, yeah, it's that time of the month, pal. It's GAMETIME.

seahawksfan
01-30-2006, 07:02 PM
Yeah, I'm a Seahawk fan. NOT a bandwagon jumper. I've persevered with the team through the eras of clueless dullards like Rick Mirer and Dan McGwire and arrogant jackasses like Anthony Simmons and Shawn Springs since I moved here in '92 and have endured enough of the sort of agony/tedium that any true Seahawks fan knows about to have earned my stripes. And, yeah, Seattle IS a different place. Any out-of-town fan who has ever come here knows it. We're kind to strangers, don't take ourselves too seriously, know enough to appreciate a great performance even if it didn't happen to come from a Seahawk, and don't jump in the Sound when things aren't going well. We have our share of loud-mouthed buttheads but we usually don't encounter them outside Qwest Field. The fact that some are on here, acting like beered-up Eagles fans, is embarrassing to me. So, I'll go read something else.

And, yeah, it's that time of the month, pal. It's GAMETIME.

Wanna smack? come over to the furnace, you cretin.

Suitanim
01-30-2006, 07:18 PM
Seachicken fans kind of remind me of Buster Douglas fans. There were about 10 of them before he knocked out Mike Tyson, then, all of a sudden, there were millions who all were in his corner from the start...

Hawk Believer
01-30-2006, 07:31 PM
Seachicken fans kind of remind me of Buster Douglas fans. There were about 10 of them before he knocked out Mike Tyson, then, all of a sudden, there were millions who all were in his corner from the start...
You obviously don't know much about Seahawk fans. We've had one of the loudest home fields since the doomed Kingdome was young. And that was in spite of years of relative futility. Calling our fanbase bandwagon just doesn't play.

Sure, there are more people watching in playoffs than there were for game #2. But if you were completely honest, wouldn't you have to say there are a few more people talking football in Pittsburgh than there were 3 months ago?

Suitanim
01-30-2006, 07:49 PM
You obviously don't know much about Seahawk fans. We've had one of the loudest home fields since the doomed Kingdome was young. And that was in spite of years of relative futility. Calling our fanbase bandwagon just doesn't play.

Sure, there are more people watching in playoffs than there were for game #2. But if you were completely honest, wouldn't you have to say there are a few more people talking football in Pittsburgh than there were 3 months ago?

When I moved from Akron, Ohio to Orlando, Florida I figured I'd see just about everything. I did...almost. Never saw a single Seahawks fan. Ever. How could I know anything about a fanbase that is regional only?

Yeah, your stadium is loud now, and you had some sellouts, but what about all those empty Kingdome years? It's easy to be loud in a dome, even when your games are blacked out locally.

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-30-2006, 07:56 PM
browns, ravens and bungals are something fierce. man you guys have it rough, i guess the bengals were untill that cheap shot and you took out their qb. you played the damn texans, titans, packers too dumb ass. and the loins for the cherry on top of your sundae schedule. It only took us one try to beat the colts.

It only took us one try to beat the Packers!!

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-30-2006, 08:07 PM

THe truth came out on about page 2 of the postings! Why bother posting the BS stories? You wanted a reaction and got it .You guys don't know what you want.You say "steelermanic" and yet you are a hawker,come to think of it your a crossdresser! So take your sorry ass back to the hawker boards to play your games :sissies:

Hawk Believer
01-30-2006, 08:16 PM
When I moved from Akron, Ohio to Orlando, Florida I figured I'd see just about everything. I did...almost. Never saw a single Seahawks fan. Ever. How could I know anything about a fanbase that is regional only?

Yeah, your stadium is loud now, and you had some sellouts, but what about all those empty Kingdome years? It's easy to be loud in a dome, even when your games are blacked out locally.

So why are you making derogatory staments about a fan base you just admitted you know nothing about?

and regarding that quiet Kingdome...

Then why are you making blanket stam

The thing you can't forget about the Kingdome is the noise. When I was coaching the Seahawks, of course I liked it. The team's fans not only make a lot of noise, but they know when to make it. That was always a problem for us when I was coaching the Raiders. I remember one game we played up there (in 1986, when the Seahawks shut out the Raiders, 37-0), the noise was so bad that we couldn't hear ourselves in pregame warm-ups. It only got worse once the game started. Coming to the Kingdome, there were always problems for the Raiders. Even in victory.
-- Tom Flores, who coached the Seahawks (1992-94) and before that coached against them while with the Raiders

I can get you more evidence if you want.

HburgXL06
01-30-2006, 08:26 PM
1) Joey Porter is smart in that he does take the listener over the edge. He makes it up to the listener to decide what he means. Porter knows he does his job damn well and that he does not need to brag bout what he does. He seems to be da current badass on da Steelers team but even so remains loyal and goes out and does his job every game. (I had that put more eloquently but I hit da wrong button and went back and lost it all !@#$%^&)

2) SEAHAWKS FANS: You say that a seahawk is an osprey. When I see the bird "logo" (what to call it?) on the side of the helmets it looks somewhat like a "todem" (spelling?) pole figure. I mean no disrespect I am just curious as to whether the look of the logo and the name have anythin to do wit da American Indians in da area as I kno from 2nd grade history that was da area of da country that da Indians did make todem poles wit figures that look similar to da one on da side of your helmets. Just wonderin. This question stems way back before I even knew it was gonna be Seattle v. Pittsburgh. Thanks.

3) "Send Off Celebration" is just a yuppie, west coast name for a "pep rally."

Suitanim
01-30-2006, 08:29 PM
So why are you making derogatory staments about a fan base you just admitted you know nothing about?

Because I'm a member of a NATION of fans, not a region...and I never derided the fanbase, just exposed you and yours to the other 999.9% of the known Universe that the press covers.

Hawk Believer
01-30-2006, 08:36 PM
1) Joey Porter is smart in that he does take the listener over the edge. He makes it up to the listener to decide what he means. Porter knows he does his job damn well and that he does not need to brag bout what he does. He seems to be da current badass on da Steelers team but even so remains loyal and goes out and does his job every game. (I had that put more eloquently but I hit da wrong button and went back and lost it all !@#$%^&)

2) SEAHAWKS FANS: You say that a seahawk is an osprey. When I see the bird "logo" (what to call it?) on the side of the helmets it looks somewhat like a "todem" (spelling?) pole figure. I mean no disrespect I am just curious as to whether the look of the logo and the name have anythin to do wit da American Indians in da area as I kno from 2nd grade history that was da area of da country that da Indians did make todem poles wit figures that look similar to da one on da side of your helmets. Just wonderin. This question stems way back before I even knew it was gonna be Seattle v. Pittsburgh. Thanks.

3) "Send Off Celebration" is just a yuppie, west coast name for a "pep rally."

You're right on with the logo looking like native art. The Seahawks logo is definately inspired by local indiginous art. Native cultures in the Northwest had what is considered by many to be the best art in North America. This was probably due to the fact they had so many fat old salmons swimming into their laps year around. They had it pretty easy compared to most other natives and had time to do lots of carving and painting. The style of the logo is making reference to the regional heritage.

Regarding "Pep rally." Maybe it is a regional thing, but "pep" does sound really grade school to me. But I won't deny that the "Sendoff" is essentially the same thing.

ZornToLargent
01-30-2006, 08:38 PM
Yes, according to bird experts, the name Seahawk is one of the nicknames for the Osprey. You could also call it a fish hawk or a fish eagle. But they all mean Osprey.

Yes, the logo was created to embrace our native American heritage in the Pacific Northwest. You are correct in seeing a totem pole style to our logo. That was intentional.

Seattle was not the first to use the name Seahawks. The Indy Colts, started in Miami as the Miami Seahawks in 1947. After one year they moved to Baltimore and became the Colts. 30 years later 150 (Out of 20,000 who entered) people all chose the name Seahawks when they were naming our franchise, 30 years after the Miami Seahawks.

Hawk Believer
01-30-2006, 08:44 PM
Because I'm a member of a NATION of fans, not a region...and I never derided the fanbase, just exposed you and yours to the other 999.9% of the known Universe that the press covers.
So do you really see a lot of people across the nation jumping on the Seahawks bandwagon? Its obvious you guys have an incredible reach with your fanbase and ours is mostly regional. And I don't really see that changing much from the press I've been reading. It seems like most everybody wants to see your guys destroy our Hawks. The Bus and Ben are just too damn likable I guess.

I'm truly curious to know if you all in Pittsburgh see it differently.

Steve_Courson's_Liver
01-30-2006, 08:59 PM
They have to say something... because after the game they will be shedding tears in their lattes.

HburgXL06
01-30-2006, 09:13 PM
Thank you Hawkbeliever and Zorn for the insight. I've always wondered that. I'm a fan of graphic art/logos and thought da seahawks logo was one of the more creative ones in the NFL (Chicago's "C" and da Giant's "NY" I believe are severely lackin). Also the "pep rally" comment was in response to steeler"notsucha"maniac who annoyed me by comin into this forum portrayin a Steelers fan and did nothin but post comments favorin da seahawks. He portrayed a pep rally to be so juvenile yet praised da idea of a "send off celebration" which do sound da same ultimately but in da context of how he said it came off as a bit too arrogant. It's easy to understand diff areas of da country have diff dialects so it's all good. I have no prob wit you guys comin here to rep your team. As a fan I can understand da passion that is involved and da willingness to fight and argue for your team. What I didn't like is a person comin in as a Steelers fan just to cut us off at da knees. Anyway thanks for da info! You have put my mind to rest on a long pondered subject!

BuFu

seahawksfan
01-30-2006, 10:33 PM
They have to say something... because after the game they will be shedding tears in their lattes.

Better than that piss beer called Iron City.