PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Prophetic Post of the Gamethread Goes To. . . .

Preacher
12-22-2009, 05:45 PM
GALAX STEELER

Originally Posted by 43Hitman http://forums.steelersfever.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=735320#post735320)
Would have like to see us run the ball on that last third down. Even if it doesn't convert it takes another 45 seconds or so off of the clock. I really really hope the D can hold just one more time in this game.

We might need that 45 seconds at the end of the game.:chuckle:

Now THAT was a prescient post!

tony hipchest
12-22-2009, 05:51 PM
heres my greatest prophetic post of the season (after the game 2 loss to the bears)-

Troy Polamalu single handedly wins games....

...figuratively and literally. one only needs to look at the miracle one handed interception last week vs. tennessee, or the amazing flying, diving, one handed, magnet grab vs. the chargers last year.

was it pele who scored the infamous miracle score in world cup soccer that was dubiously called the "hand of God" for a win? i think troy has become the nfl's version of "the hand of God"

when an amazing play needs to happen during crunch time in the playoffs, look no further than troy vs. the colts (highway robbery doesnt negate a spectacular play) or last year vs. the ravens to ice the game.

after a great 1st half vs. tennessee, i have heard more talking heads than ever refer to troy as the most dominant defender in football. some thought it would be a devastating blow to lose him for even a short period. others thought dick lebeau always finds a way to scheme his way around the absence of a good player and the steelers would just keep on keeping on. it seems to be closer to the former

polamalu made the trip to chicago and said he was excited to watch the defense play. im not sure if it was a bizarre joke but he very humbly said, that perhaps they may even play better without him (as if he takes to many risks, or commits too many penalties).

troy and ben are opposite sides of the same coin. without them we are still a good team, but with them we are great. this proves true in the first loss of the 09 season.

he was seen wincing in pain or disgust, for both of the chicago scores in which his back-up, his position, was the primary defender. i'd like to think it was in pain. the pain of not being out there to help his band of brothers win.

greg olsen or johnny knox vs. tyrone carter is simply too favorable of a matchup for any offense not to exploit. troy is faster than either of those guys and perhaps bats down a ball or baits jay cutler into another miracle int.

there is no way any team controls and drives the ball 97 yds down the field with so many plays with polamalu on the field. thats just too many chances a team doesnt get with him in the game. either a mistake is made, such as a sack or interception, or a 3rd down isnt converted.

no that the game is firmly checked into the "L" column, i can look back and not place blame, but appreciate what a great player we have, and the impact it has with him not being on the field.

if teams handed out flat, deflated, loser "gameballs", i would give it to troy.

he didnt even have to make the trip.

Preacher
12-22-2009, 06:24 PM
heres my greatest prophetic post of the season (after the game 2 loss to the bears)-

Troy Polamalu single handedly wins games....

Why are ya steeling Galax's stagelight here?

cubanstogie
12-22-2009, 06:26 PM
Why are ya steeling Galax's stagelight here?

hopefully Tony doesn't break his arm patting himself on the back, if he does hopefully its his left arm he needs to get back to the RIGHT.

tony hipchest
12-22-2009, 07:03 PM
because it was a rapidly sinking thread that didnt leave much for discussion. i just tried to keep it afloat.

troy matters.

the raiders dont drive 90 yds in 2 minutes with troy in the backfield. they simply dont.

Galax Steeler
12-23-2009, 04:17 AM
GALAX STEELER

Thanks Preacher I know alot of times we are serious on here but we have alot of fun.:chuckle:

ricardisimo
12-23-2009, 04:27 AM
Oh, man! Where's the love? What about the sack I called after the time-out? [post #434]

SteelMember
12-23-2009, 07:52 AM
"Yo Galax. I'm really happy for you. Ima let you finish but,
Tony Hipchest has one of the greatest prophetic posts of all time.
OF ALL TIME!

:toofunny:

43Hitman
12-23-2009, 09:08 AM
GALAX STEELER

:iagree:

Steel_12
12-23-2009, 09:25 AM
"Yo Galax. I'm really happy for you. Ima let you finish but,
Tony Hipchest has one of the greatest prophetic posts of all time.
OF ALL TIME!

:toofunny:

LMAO...Tony West or Kanye Hipchest...I like Kanye Hipchest!!

steelax04
12-23-2009, 09:49 AM
LMAO...Tony West or Kanye Hipchest...I like Kanye Hipchest!!

+1 for Kanye Hipchest...

Tony, post a picture of yourself so I can photoshop it on Kanye's body! Unless, of course, you don't think I did well enough with Lumber's pictures.