PDA

View Full Version : STEELERS...56, RAVENS...3

UltimateBengal
12-23-2009, 12:25 PM
This is what I want for christmas.:chuckle: I can't stand the Ratbirds, and I hope you guys are clicking on all cylinders and destroy them!!! I want to see Ben throw 3 Tds over Ed Reeds head, Mendenhall run over Ray Lewis for a couple Tds, sack Flacco about 9 times, and hold Ray Rice to -5 yards rushing!!! Now in reality, I think you guys win 27-23, but I would love to see the Ratbirds take a black n gold beatdown!!!:popcorn:

Good luck against those dirty Ratbirds!!!:drink:

tyler289
12-23-2009, 12:26 PM
I think it's going to be more like 56-53.

Nadroj 20
12-23-2009, 12:27 PM
This is what I want for christmas.:chuckle: I can't stand the Ratbirds, and I hope you guys are clicking on all cylinders and destroy them!!! I want to see Ben throw 3 Tds over Ed Reeds head, Mendenhall run over Ray Lewis for a couple Tds, sack Flacco about 9 times, and hold Ray Rice to -5 yards rushing!!! Now in reality, I think you guys win 27-23, but I would love to see the Ratbirds take a black n gold beatdown!!!:popcorn:

You and me both :tt04: :tt04: :tt04:

4xSBChamps
12-23-2009, 12:31 PM

..... with the Purple-Browns returning a fumble, two interceptions, and 3 kicks for TDs:
game will be decided on last play from scrimmage, leading Meshawn Johnson, Chris Berman, and Chris Carter to exclaim it the greatest game ever-played, while Tom Jackson & Mike Ditka roll their eyes

UltimateBengal
12-23-2009, 12:33 PM

If a Steeler defense ever gave up 53 points, my brothers, who are diehard Steeler fans, would be lining up at the nearest bridge!!!:popcorn:

Men of Steel
12-23-2009, 12:40 PM
Steelers 3 Ravens 2 for all i care....

as long as we come away with the W!!!!!!!!!! :tt03:

but yes.... a beat down would be nice and make me feel more assured going into the final week. :noidea:

Dino 6 Rings
12-23-2009, 12:42 PM
thanks for the chuckle

Angus Burgher
12-23-2009, 12:49 PM

And you sir, have just won the coveted award of Most Awesome Bengal Fan to Walk this Earth.:applaudit:

I hope you're right! The Steelers just need to win this game, and I think that they will... but a blowout would be fan-friggin-tastic.

Larry
12-23-2009, 12:52 PM
I think in general the Bengals and Ravens are friendly, so you must be an anomaly. Or you're just a really big suck up to Steelers fans; some Bengals fans have self esteem issues. OR, you're concerned that the Bengals are going to blow it and lose to the Chiefs AND the Jets.

I'm gonna go with suck up.

vasteeler

im starting to get the feeling you are converting:drink:

welcome aboard

Larry
And you sir, have just won the coveted award of Most Awesome Bengal Fan to Walk this Earth.:applaudit:

I hope you're right! The Steelers just need to win this game, and I think that they will... but a blowout would be fan-friggin-tastic.

Apparently sucking up works on some of us...

UltimateBengal
12-23-2009, 12:54 PM
im starting to get the feeling you are converting:drink:

welcome aboard

NEVER!!! I'm a diehard Bengal lover!:drink:But, since my father and brothers are all Steeler fans, I do pull for them to do well, except when we play each other!:drink:

UltimateBengal
12-23-2009, 12:59 PM
I think in general the Bengals and Ravens are friendly, so you must be an anomaly. Or you're just a really big suck up to Steelers fans; some Bengals fans have self esteem issues. OR, you're concerned that the Bengals are going to blow it and lose to the Chiefs AND the Jets.

I'm gonna go with suck up.

The Bengals will dominate the Chiefs and Jets! :thumbsup: Ok, maybe not dominate, but we will win for sure, I think!!!:chuckle:

Angus Burgher
12-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Apparently sucking up works on some of us...

Just happy to see football fans unite to hate the Ratbirds. No need to be a douche.

UltimateBengal
12-23-2009, 01:03 PM
Just happy to see football fans unite to hate the Ratbirds. No need to be a douche.

Right! It's a beautiful thing when Bengal fans and Steeler fans can come together in united hatred of those damn dirty birds!:drink: At least until the games over, then see ya!!!:flap:

Angus Burgher
12-23-2009, 01:07 PM
LOL, yeah. If... I mean, WHEN... we make it to the playoffs... WE'RE TAKING YOU DOWN! :tt02:

KeiselPower99
12-23-2009, 01:20 PM
Ill take a win by any means.

TheWarDen86
12-23-2009, 01:25 PM
I doubt we could hold a pee-wee team to 3 points, but 56-3 sure would be nice.

Angus Burgher
12-23-2009, 01:31 PM
Take it from someone who just moved out of Baltimore 3 months ago. The FANS are Aholes. I have never in my life been yelled, cused, threaten and flipped off more in my life more then by Raven's fans. They are the most ignorant fans I have ever dealt with. I thought Egirls fans were bad. I now live in Philly and they are actually showing me respect because the Stillers are a PA team. I'll give them that but they still are rude.

Yeah, I didn't really have any issue with Ravens fans until I made the mistake of taking a job in Baltimore in November 2006.

If you remember, that was the year that the Steelers fell to 8-8 after winning the Super Bowl, and the Ravens won the division. I've never been around so many asshats in my life, telling my how "Shitsburgh" was a dirty and disgusting city, how Steeler fans are a bunch of fat redneck drunks, how Ben Roethlisberger is retarded and a wuss, blah blah blah. They laughed their asses off that Ben almost died in a motorcycle crash. They literally believe that the Steelers have NEVER beaten the Ravens and that the officials have given them the game whenever they have won.

All of this created a deep-seeded hatred for the Ravens that I doubt will ever wear off. It makes the games where we play them almost unbearable for me to watch, simply because on the off chance that we lose, I know that all of those pricks in Baltimurder will be dancing in their crime-ridden streets.

Now, that's not to say all Ravens fans are like this. I do have friends who are fans of that team (God knows why, though). However, the majority of Baltimorons I've met are completely unbearable.

Larry
12-23-2009, 01:36 PM
Take it from someone who just moved out of Baltimore 3 months ago. The FANS are Aholes. I have never in my life been yelled, cused, threaten and flipped off more in my life more then by Raven's fans. They are the most ignorant fans I have ever dealt with. I thought Egirls fans were bad. I now live in Philly and they are actually showing me respect because the Stillers are a PA team. I'll give them that but they still are rude.

No, I'm not going to just take your subjective opinion that the fans are assholes. As a Steelers fan, you can't judge them well because this is the biggest rivalry in the NFL. When you go there wearing a Steelers or Colts jersey, you are bound to get bitched at by someone, and I have SEEN Steelers fans be very rude to Ravens fans at our home games.

It would make sense that Philly fans treat you better than Ravens fans do. You have to know that shit is gonna happen, there are stupid people everywhere.

Larry
12-23-2009, 01:40 PM
If you remember, that was the year that the Steelers fell to 8-8 after winning the Super Bowl, and the Ravens won the division. I've never been around so many asshats in my life, telling my how "Shitsburgh" was a dirty and disgusting city, how Steeler fans are a bunch of fat redneck drunks, how Ben Roethlisberger is retarded and a wuss, blah blah blah. They laughed their asses off that Ben almost died in a motorcycle crash. They literally believe that the Steelers have NEVER beaten the Ravens and that the officials have given them the game whenever they have won.

Are you serious? You really think that a significant number of Raven fans think it's funny that Ben almost died in an accident? They think the Steelers have never beaten the Ravens? WTF are you talking about?

You're doing exactly what you accuse them of doing, overgeneralizing and purposefully ignoring the fact that there are jackasses everywhere. You don't think a Ravens fan has ever had a bad experience in Pittsburgh? Give me a break.

SteelCityMom
12-23-2009, 01:42 PM
Geez Larry, calm down lol.

I second the vote that dirty bird fans can be asshats. Not all of them mind you, cause we do have a few that are pretty cool on here, but in general that whole area of the east coast is just very bitter and hostile. Baltimore, Philly, DC....all have lots of fan issues.

Angus Burgher
12-23-2009, 01:58 PM
Wow!!! You said exactly how they think. I have read and heard all that you say. I'm sorry your still there. I walked off my job a month ago so I could move it was that bad. I am so happy to live in Lancaster now and work in Philly. The last move I make will be back to the mother land. Go Stillers!!

Luckily, I'm not there anymore. I work and live in DC now. People are better here about this stuff because, sad to say, the Redskins aren't close to being a good team now so there are a lot of defectors who have joined the Steeler Nation. And the 'Skins fans in general are okay in general. Since there's no divisional rivalry, a lot of the respect Pittsburgh.

Angus Burgher
12-23-2009, 02:00 PM
Are you serious? You really think that a significant number of Raven fans think it's funny that Ben almost died in an accident? They think the Steelers have never beaten the Ravens? WTF are you talking about?

You're doing exactly what you accuse them of doing, overgeneralizing and purposefully ignoring the fact that there are jackasses everywhere. You don't think a Ravens fan has ever had a bad experience in Pittsburgh? Give me a break.

Maybe you should read my entire post, asshole. I didn't say that ALL Ravens fans are like this. I said that the MAJORITY of ones I know do behave this way. Yes, there are plenty of them who made fun of Ben's accident. Yes, they think that the Ravens (at least) won all three games last year where the Steelers beat them. I didn't make that up. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-23-2009, 02:02 PM
i dont want the ravens to score 3 points

Larry
12-23-2009, 02:03 PM
Geez Larry, calm down lol.

I second the vote that dirty bird fans can be asshats. Not all of them mind you, cause we do have a few that are pretty cool on here, but in general that whole area of the east coast is just very bitter and hostile. Baltimore, Philly, DC....all have lots of fan issues.

Yes, any team's fans CAN be asshats. Your next statement exemplifies what I'm talking about. You say that in general (already I find myself cringing), "that whole area of the east coast" is very bitter and hostile, and that they have "fan issues."

Maybe you've all been insulated by a successful decade of Steeler football, but the amount of autofellatio going on here is really annoying me. It's like some kind of sad religion or form of nationalism. We're Steelers fans, not some kind of chosen people who don't display the same range of human behavior that is seen everywhere else.

Larry
12-23-2009, 02:10 PM
Maybe you should read my entire post, asshole. I didn't say that ALL Ravens fans are like this. I said that the MAJORITY of ones I know do behave this way. Yes, there are plenty of them who made fun of Ben's accident. Yes, they think that the Ravens (at least) won all three games last year where the Steelers beat them. I didn't make that up. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

You're the one who thinks that a significant number of Ravens fans believe that the Ravens swept the Steelers last year, and have never lost to them. I am telling you that not only are you dead wrong, but you have serious reasoning issues if you think that you can make that kind of judgment from a few supposed interactions with people who would have to be retarded to truly believe what you're saying.

CPanther95
12-23-2009, 02:13 PM
I hope we sack Flacco so hard that Palmer's leg breaks.

GoSlash27
12-23-2009, 02:18 PM
C'mon folks. This isn't the blast furnace. let's all :hug: and move on.

All teams have their fair share of degenerate fans. This does not reflect on their fan base as a whole.

Now having said that, the line I know that all of those pricks in Baltimurder will be dancing in their crime-ridden streets
Actually made me laugh out loud when I read it. I mean... lots of people type "LOL", but I literally did just then.

UltimateBengal
12-23-2009, 02:19 PM

Hey, I heard that!:mad:

Indo
12-23-2009, 02:20 PM
You're the one who thinks that a significant number of Ravens fans believe that the Ravens swept the Steelers last year, and have never lost to them. I am telling you that not only are you dead wrong, but you have serious reasoning issues if you think that you can make that kind of judgment from a few supposed interactions with people who would have to be retarded to truly believe what you're saying.

Perhaps you are not reading his entire post----
He said The majority of Ravens fans THAT HE KNOWS think that...

There are certainly a whole lot of people in the north west who think the Steelers did not win SB 40....so why isn't this same opinion allowed or possible along the east coast?

GoSlash27
12-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Also funny. Man, you guys are on a roll... :popcorn:

UltimateBengal
12-23-2009, 02:21 PM
Also funny. Man, you guys are on a roll... :popcorn:

Me thinks me thread has been hijacked?:chuckle:

Larry
12-23-2009, 02:27 PM
Perhaps you are not reading his entire post----
He said The majority of Ravens fans THAT HE KNOWS think that...

There are certainly a whole lot of people in the north west who think the Steelers did not win SB 40....so why isn't this same opinion allowed or possible along the east coast?

He went on to characterize the fan base, with that as his evidence. I have trouble believing his original statement, that he met multiple Ravens fans who think that the Ravens have never lost to the Steelers. This sounds like BS to me.

What do you have to back up your statement that "a whole lot of people in the north west" think the Steelers did not win SB 40? I don't understand how you people just make these bold claims, it's really presumptuous.

SteelCityMom
12-23-2009, 02:29 PM
Yes, any team's fans CAN be asshats. Your next statement exemplifies what I'm talking about. You say that in general (already I find myself cringing), "that whole area of the east coast" is very bitter and hostile, and that they have "fan issues."

Maybe you've all been insulated by a successful decade of Steeler football, but the amount of autofellatio going on here is really annoying me. It's like some kind of sad religion or form of nationalism. We're Steelers fans, not some kind of chosen people who don't display the same range of human behavior that is seen everywhere else.

Lol, dude...CHILL OUT!

It's chit chat on a forum board...it's not like I'm standing on a pulpit preaching this stuff. I've never had a good hockey or football experience in DC or Philly, and when I spent some time in Baltimore, I found the locals to be generally rude and condescending. I've had very few decent experiences with fans of hockey and football from those areas, so I'll from my opinions accordingly.

Hell, I was even able to make so Cowboy's friends last year, and I was practically raised to hate anything silver and blue lol.

We get it though...you don't like generalizations of any kind, but it's going to happen and it's part of life.

Angus Burgher
12-23-2009, 02:53 PM
He went on to characterize the fan base, with that as his evidence. I have trouble believing his original statement, that he met multiple Ravens fans who think that the Ravens have never lost to the Steelers. This sounds like BS to me.

What do you have to back up your statement that "a whole lot of people in the north west" think the Steelers did not win SB 40? I don't understand how you people just make these bold claims, it's really presumptuous.

A good chunk of Seahawks fans, dumbass. They think that the Steelers only won the game because of the officiating. But you know, maybe I'm just ASSUMING that since I've seen multiple references to it all over the net for years. Since I don't live in Seattle, I guess I would have NO idea and for all I know, all of the ranting and raving about it that I've seen on fan sites and message boards and news articles could simply be the result of ONE person.

As for my orginal statement, that HAS been my experience and to be honest, I don't really give a damn if you don't believe it. Granted, I was exaggerating when I said that they believe that the Steelers have NEVER beaten the Ravens, however; there ARE Ravens fans who believe that their team got screwed in all three games last year. Whether that accounts for the vast majority of the fanbase, I don't know. But it does account for most of the people I've dealt with. Also, if you've ever listened to 98 Rock in Baltimore, you'll know that they pretty much feel the same way, as do most of the people who call into that station, and since I don't know any of those people personally, I would venture to say that this type of attitude extends beyond just the people I've encountered.

Indo
12-23-2009, 02:55 PM

Why don't you do yourself a favor and go read some of the posts on the Ravens boards and the Seahawks boards. Then you might understand how we people make such bold claims.

Whether you have "trouble believing his original statement" is neither here nor there. What evidence do you have to refute his statements? Do you, in fact, know the same Ravens fans that he knows? Or, are you just assuming that his statements are BS because you somehow know better?

Please don't be so arrogant to think that your knowledge or understanding of any particular fanbase is somehow more educated than anyone else's.

Angus Burgher
12-23-2009, 02:57 PM
C'mon folks. This isn't the blast furnace. let's all :hug: and move on.

All teams have their fair share of degenerate fans. This does not reflect on their fan base as a whole.

Now having said that, the line
Actually made me laugh out loud when I read it. I mean... lots of people type "LOL", but I literally did just then.

:tt02: Glad to hear it!

sharkweek
12-23-2009, 03:04 PM
I'd take another 5TD in one half type performance that Ben has had against the Ravens before.

supa_fly_steeler
12-23-2009, 03:10 PM
all i want to see is ryan clark badly destroy ray rice...

Angus Burgher
12-23-2009, 03:14 PM
I'd take another 5TD in one half type performance that Ben has had against the Ravens before.

Ah yes. I'd love for that. Actually, I'd like to see him top it and throw for 5 touchdowns in EACH half. :tt02:

Preacher
12-23-2009, 03:18 PM

Naaa... Don't be THAT generous. The Bengals need the win from us to assure that they get the division!

Larry
12-23-2009, 03:19 PM
Anyone worried about the fact that Green Bay scored 22 points on us in the 4th quarter?

Larry
12-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Funny how people bitch about other fans and then go and do the exact same things on this board. My mistake, I didn't realize I was joining a Steelers forum full of hostile idiots.

UltimateBengal
12-23-2009, 03:21 PM
Naaa... Don't be THAT generous. The Bengals need the win from us to assure that they get the division!

We will be able to clinch by beating the Chiefs(hopefully), but seeing you guys stomp the dirty birds would be icing on the cake!!!:chuckle:

Larry
12-23-2009, 03:55 PM
Then why do Skins fans show me respect all the time? You need to get out more and then you would see the difference.. I have lived in Chicago, Baltimore, Fort Wayne, Philly, Wisconsin and Central PA and none have been worse then Raven's fans..

The Skins aren't your divisional rival, and neither are the Bears or the Eagles. I thought that part was pretty clear.

Angus Burgher
12-23-2009, 04:03 PM
But the Eagles ARE in the same state, and the teams DO share a heated rivalry.

SteelCityMom
12-23-2009, 04:33 PM
Anyone worried about the fact that Green Bay scored 22 points on us in the 4th quarter?

I was worried before the Green Bay game honestly. I was more worried when Gradkowski scored 3 TDs in the 4th lol. I think a lot of us have been worried for weeks now.

SteelCityMom
12-23-2009, 04:37 PM
Funny how people bitch about other fans and then go and do the exact same things on this board. My mistake, I didn't realize I was joining a Steelers forum full of hostile idiots.

Lol, you're the one who started the hostility in this thread. Pot meet kettle.

Psyychoward86
12-23-2009, 04:50 PM
lol we have so many homers

Preacher
12-23-2009, 07:31 PM

Well, I have about 30 freinds that I grew up with that all say the same thing (I grew up in the NW).

I have multiple friends I want to college with (NW) that all say the same thing.

Only one friend of mine thinks the refs didn't give it to us, and that was only after I went step by step on the actual game footage and showed how Ben DID score the Td, how the Offensive interference WAS a good call, and how our OLB's were basically being mugged every play without a penalty.

Do you want any more evidence?

Preacher
12-23-2009, 07:32 PM

Sigh.

Some one else that walks into a community... starts bagging on the people there.. and then wonders why he or she is not received well.

I swear... are people really this obtuse?

Crow-Magnon
12-23-2009, 08:11 PM
<Just peeking in this thread. Backing out slo-o-o-w-ly.....>

43Hitman
12-23-2009, 09:02 PM
<Just peeking in this thread. Backing out slo-o-o-w-ly.....>

Prolly a good idea bro. This thing has gone into the twilight zone.

StainlessStill
12-23-2009, 10:04 PM
My girl asked me what I wanted for Christmas.

I says "honestly?" ...

"All I want for Christmas is for my Steelers to kick the living DOGSHIT out of Baltimore."

She just gave me the two eye solute and said she should have known haha. HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!!