PDA

View Full Version : NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS

UltimateBengal
12-23-2009, 02:25 PM
Mine is the same it's been for the last 3 or 4 years, to stop smoking! Maybe this year, I can finally kick the nasty habit!!! So what is yours?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!:drink:
UB

Indo
12-23-2009, 02:28 PM
I made a New Year's Resolution about 10 years ago to Never Make Another New Year's Resolution

So far, I haven't broken it yet!

UltimateBengal
12-23-2009, 02:31 PM
I made a New Year's Resolution about 10 years ago to Never Make Another New Year's Resolution

So far, I haven't broken it yet!

A resolution that requires absolutely no thought, effort, or will power! I like it!!!:chuckle:

vasteeler
12-23-2009, 02:40 PM
Mine is the same it's been for the last 3 or 4 years, to stop smoking! Maybe this year, I can finally kick the nasty habit!!! So what is yours?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!:drink:
UB

i need to put those down as well
i just dont know how to do it :noidea:

Indo
12-23-2009, 02:40 PM
A resolution that requires absolutely no thought, effort, or will power! I like it!!!:chuckle:

Don't sell me short---it requires absolute willpower to put 100% effort into not thinking about it!

UltimateBengal
12-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Don't sell me short---it requires absolute willpower to put 100% effort into not thinking about it!

:drink:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-23-2009, 03:18 PM
I would like to lose some of the extra weight that I am carrying...
weight about 190....trying to get to 165 -- 170
Its too bad that everything I like to eat is heart attack food....???

stlrtruck
12-23-2009, 03:41 PM
Mine is to continue on my transition from 240 to 175 (currently at 195) and start adding some muscle to a body that use to be fat and out of shape.

UltimateBengal
12-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Mine is to continue on my transition from 240 to 175 (currently at 195) and start adding some muscle to a body that use to be fat and out of shape.

Only 20 more pounds to go Truck!:applaudit:Stay away from Mickey Ds!!!

SCSTILLER
12-23-2009, 04:25 PM
Mine is to start my training for the Assault on Mt. Mitchell bike race in the spring. Not looking forward to it at all. It is known as the toughest one day bike race in North America, what the hell am I thinking?

revefsreleets
12-23-2009, 04:38 PM
Mine is to be a kinder, gentler poster on SF...I suspect this resolution will be completely destroyed by about January 3rd...

Seriously, mine is start some serious work on a novel.

Preacher
12-23-2009, 04:41 PM

Nothing wrong with McDonalds (Also known as Choke n' Puke). Just gotta order right.

One chicken McNugget is 1 weight watchers point. So if you need a fast meal... a guy can eat 10 McNuggets and a diet coke and a dip for 11 points...

Not bad.

TroysBadDawg
12-23-2009, 11:16 PM
Losing weight because the doc said I can go much higher on the transplant list if I am much lighter like about 185. I haven't weighed 185 since I was a junior in high school but I hads a 29 inch waist then also.

GutterflowerSteel
12-24-2009, 06:23 AM
My b/f & I both need to get rid of our 'happy fat' - and I want to quit smoking. The LAST time I quit, I did it with acupuncture and it was successful for almost 10 years.

Galax Steeler
12-24-2009, 07:18 AM
Anything to improve my life style.

stlrtruck
12-24-2009, 08:59 AM

Staying away from McD's isn't that hard for me. It's the junk food in the office and at home during the Christmas season.

It's been a struggle the last month (can't imgaine why) but my trainer has told me to enjoy the holidays and he'll be the crap out of me in January.

Nothing wrong with McDonalds (Also known as Choke n' Puke). Just gotta order right.

One chicken McNugget is 1 weight watchers point. So if you need a fast meal... a guy can eat 10 McNuggets and a diet coke and a dip for 11 points...

Not bad.

Can't stand diet coke so I go with water every day at work and usually have one glass of coke on the weekend. But even the coke has been slowly being passed by.

Losing weight because the doc said I can go much higher on the transplant list if I am much lighter like about 185. I haven't weighed 185 since I was a junior in high school but I hads a 29 inch waist then also.

Come on down to FL we'll work it off together. Besides you chase my daughter around long enough you'll be under 185 :chuckle:

My b/f & I both need to get rid of our 'happy fat' - and I want to quit smoking. The LAST time I quit, I did it with acupuncture and it was successful for almost 10 years.

YOU CAN DO IT!!! Might have to stop visiting Krug's though. :thumbsup:

kittenfantastico76
12-28-2009, 12:37 PM
I hate saying these because I always break them but... I think it's truly time for a change.

1 - Lose weight, eat better and start working out - SERIOUSLY!

2 - Be a better friend/loved one (ex. call more, make more time for those who are important to me)

3 - Try new foods.

4 - Take up a new hobby (get back into photography, maybe take up Yoga).

5 - Start a garden in the spring (this will help with #1)

#3 is something I've done all year long in 2009 and it's been awesome - now that I cook I'm a bit more open minded about foods. Seriously it took me 32 years to try sushi and now I'm kicking myself for not trying it sooner. But I will NEVER, EVER be grown up enough to like olives - SO gross!

2008 was a rough year for me emotionally and physically, between losing my mother, my best friend's father and my ex boyfriend all in the span of two months time was rough and it really brought down my 2008. My father also was diagnosed with cancer that year - but is doing so well and they expect nothing but good things to come of his treatment. 2009 was about rebuilding myself and my emotions and I really let myself go and got a bit closed off to my friends and family. I don't feel I rebuilt anything, so I want to take time to do this in 2010. My family is extremely small, and I don't have many members left. I want to spend 2010 cherishing them, and taking care of myself. My mother would be disappointed that I let myself go. It's just going to be a year of growth. A time to better myself and my relationships in my life. In the end being a size 6 isn't what's important to me (because dude, that isn't possible at all) it's being around for many more years to enjoy the time with the ones I love!!! I want to make positive life changes for now and my future!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!