PDA

View Full Version : the positivity thread

mwittman5
12-24-2009, 11:15 AM
in the wake of all the negative lets find some positives for the steelers this season:
1.) mendenhall is a legit starting RB
2.) mike wallace is more than capable of filling in for nate washington
3.) santonio holmes can be a number 1 receiver
4.) Ben can win games while passing 40+ times
5.) steelers are still alive in the playoff hunt

your turns........

GoSlash27
12-24-2009, 11:20 AM
6) Franchise records shattered on offense.
7) Willie Gay is ridin' the pine.
8) Troy's coming back soon.
9) Willie Gay is ridin' the pine. :D
10) No miracles required to get a wildcard spot.

Crow-Magnon
12-24-2009, 11:27 AM
7) Willie Gay is ridin' the pine.
8) Troy's coming back soon.
9) Willie Gay is ridin' the pine. :D

Ok, that was funny. :rofl:

Psyychoward86
12-24-2009, 11:29 AM

Here's the big one ladies and gentlemen

steelreserve
12-24-2009, 11:30 AM
1. No more Parker
2. NO MORE PARKER
3. Offensive line has more or less gotten its shit together
4. Harrison still out there kicking ass
5. When healthy, Polamalu is probably better than ever

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-24-2009, 11:32 AM
The offense is the best it has been in years.

stillers4me
12-24-2009, 11:36 AM
Heaaatthhhhhh!

Vincent
12-24-2009, 11:37 AM

11) Franchise records shattered on defense. :doh: Oh, yeah. Positive.
12) Instead of more gaudy hardware cluttering up the FO trophy case, we'll get mid round selections in April. :chuckle:
13) Sweed'll get plenty of time at the Hotel Silly to be all better for mini camp. :screwy:
14) Snack's having a contract year, ain't he? :tt02:
15) Gay will be less likely to fall on the sideline. :rofl:
16) Ben's chasing Dan Pastorini's legendary durability record. :funny:
17) Just how many brutal hits will Hines be able to take and deliver. :kick:

Merchant
12-24-2009, 12:26 PM
Since minnesota got burned by Stewart, we now have the longest streak of consecutive games without allowing a 100 yard rusher. *knock on wood*

StainlessStill
12-24-2009, 01:04 PM
The offense is the best it has been in years.

Only problem is, we can't score, if we can score with the damn ball, we could EASILY score 40 a game.

Anyhow, onto the positives. We beat the top teams in the league this season.:tt04:

zulater
12-24-2009, 01:17 PM
18. We're not the Cleveland Browns. :tt:

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-24-2009, 03:21 PM
Only problem is, we can't score, if we can score with the damn ball, we could EASILY score 40 a game.

Anyhow, onto the positives. We beat the top teams in the league this season.:tt04:

That's funny, considering they've scored enough to have a lead in almost every game.

pancake
12-24-2009, 04:01 PM
Funny, but the positive thread has 13 posts... :flap:

Even though I thought we should just lose out and get a better pick, I can't cheer for that, so I will be waving my terrible towel till we are out of games...

HometownGal
12-24-2009, 04:04 PM
19. We're fans of the most awesome franchise in the history of the NFL! :applaudit::tt02::tt03:

StainlessStill
12-24-2009, 04:30 PM
That's funny, considering they've scored enough to have a lead in almost every game.

That's all fine and dandy and everything, but it isn't exceptable to move from the 20 to 20 with no problem, pile up all this yardage between our QB, RB, WR'S and TE's but yet, we get inside the red zone and we are one of the worst teams in the league in punching it in. If the offense did their job and could score in the redzone, say, against Oakland then the defense would of never been in position to hold leads. The offense should of been putting away teams in the first half, period. Ohwell, we are STILL in this thing!

steel striker
12-24-2009, 05:46 PM
Well after the browns lost it looked like we were finished but, now we actually have a chance so there's that. We just need to take care of business and, hope everything else falls in place. Plus with Ben at the helm we have a chance to win every week.

stillers4me
12-24-2009, 07:24 PM
Last year, they said we could never do it...nope , not with that awful o-line. Ben would be lucky to still be standing by the end of December, they said. He looked pretty healthy holding up that trophy. This year our defense has been our achilles heel.....if we can get through the next two games, if we get a little help, and Troy limps back for January....... hey, who knows what might happen. Ben, Heath, Mendenhall, Hines, Santonio, and Mike Wallace are all burning holes in the record books this year. I'm sure they would just love to payback the whole AFCN this year, rather than wait until next year.

Ehhhh....it's a nice dream. But then again.......:wink02:

zulater
12-24-2009, 10:48 PM
That's all fine and dandy and everything, but it isn't exceptable to move from the 20 to 20 with no problem, pile up all this yardage between our QB, RB, WR'S and TE's but yet, we get inside the red zone and we are one of the worst teams in the league in punching it in. If the offense did their job and could score in the redzone, say, against Oakland then the defense would of never been in position to hold leads. The offense should of been putting away teams in the first half, period. Ohwell, we are STILL in this thing!

I think you've missed the point of this thread. The lead post never said everything was perfect. It just wanted to offer a forum for the postive. There's plenty of other threads to offer up your critiques.

Now back to the subject at hand.

Even in the Steelers worst years there's still an aura of class and dignity about them that permeates throughout the orginization that makes you proud to associate yourself with them.

The Steelers "worst years" are few and far between, and relativley speaking, not all that bad.

The Steelers players dignify the Ed. Block Courage award by choosing Aaron Smith, (a better man off the field than on, which is saying a lot given how exellent a player he is), as their receipent.

Oh and did I mention we're not the Browns? :chuckle: