PDA

View Full Version : Joe Haden + Micah Johnson or R McClain + Other

supa_fly_steeler
12-24-2009, 02:27 PM
If we do go 7-9 or 8-8 or 9-7, then what guys would you want in the first rounds,

id like joe haden and micah johnson, what would you want?

at the way we are playing and other team needs we could eitherdraft joe haden or mcclain in the first round.

didnt put this in war room because i felt this was about a team need not about draft. feel free to move it though.

vindrow
12-24-2009, 08:30 PM
I think Haden will be gone before we pick....I wouldn't mind them picking up Terrence Cody in the 1st round to be our new NT, and CB Patrick Robinson in the 2nd...then an OT or ILB in the 3rd.

Texasteel
12-24-2009, 08:47 PM
Don't think we have any kind of a shot at Haden now, McClain may be out of reach as well, even if he does come out, I see Johnson as a late 2nd maybe even a 3rd round pick. If the two OTs come out that I expect to I think the BAP will be a OT that can play LT in the future. It's hard to say right now, but I think that is the way we may go. Right now one guess is as good as another though.

steelreserve
12-24-2009, 09:00 PM
We'll probably take Cody if he's availablel if not then I'd guess a LB. We don't really have a whole lot of other pressing needs.

nikstar
12-24-2009, 09:40 PM
tbh I think they will draft Cody...
Also I think they may have to trade up to do so

supa_fly_steeler
12-24-2009, 10:28 PM
I think we will have the 18th pick? somewhere between 13-20

Galax Steeler
12-25-2009, 04:45 AM
I think we will have the 18th pick? somewhere between 13-20

As of right now that is true but if we win these next two and end up in the playoffs then who knows where we will pick.

Aussie_steeler
12-25-2009, 05:33 AM
Ive posted in the war room before that my option is

1. Rolando McClain MLB
2. Nate Allen FS

Havent said this anywhere in the war room but if we are sitting in the mid teens when we pick the BPA might well be Taylor Mays. Many of us would hate the pick but it could very well be a real possibility.

Rick5895
12-25-2009, 06:43 AM
If available first and foremost we need DL depth. Especialy NT.

supa_fly_steeler
12-25-2009, 09:31 AM
Ive posted in the war room before that my option is

1. Rolando McClain MLB
2. Nate Allen FS

Havent said this anywhere in the war room but if we are sitting in the mid teens when we pick the BPA might well be Taylor Mays. Many of us would hate the pick but it could very well be a real possibility.

I heard Taylor Mays has dropped to round 2 because of his senior year, but i heard that off a gator fan lol.

whilst i would draft micah johnson i would also draft mcclain, we need a new defensive playcaller when farrior retires...

go steelers.

http://webdeveloper.com/animations/holiday/christmas/gifs/merry_christmas.gif

Texasteel
12-25-2009, 10:13 AM
Mays stock is going to be interesting to watch after the bowl game, or I should say during the all star games and the combine.

If by some chance McClain is there for us and we take him I don't think we look at Johnson. If we don't get McClain I think there is a very good chance we take a hard look at Johnson. He is a very good play, looking forward to watching him between now and the draft.

supa_fly_steeler
12-25-2009, 11:02 AM
just a thought, what if we took micah to replace timmons mlb postion and when harrison retires timmons moves to outside linebacker...

geeze i wont let the micah johnson discussion go since finding out about him i really want him, cody,robinson and mcclain :(

too bad we would get less than 30% of 2 of them lol...

BehindSteelCurtain
12-25-2009, 11:13 AM
McClain is going to be BEAST in the NFL.

supa_fly_steeler
12-25-2009, 05:46 PM
McClain is going to be BEAST in the NFL.

no shit lol :D... He will if he goes to the right place *Pittsburgh* but would not do well in somewhere like Atlanta.