PDA

View Full Version : Bryant McFadden

Steel-Bryan
12-25-2009, 05:06 AM
We should have never let him go, everyone was soooooo confident that Gay could step up. Now we all hate on Gay and McFadden is having the best year of his career :banging:

solardave
12-25-2009, 05:43 AM
Hindsight is 20-20. I thought we'd miss him but not this much. The FO almost always makes the right decision when it comes to letting players go but I think they messed up here.

Galax Steeler
12-25-2009, 05:51 AM
I am not sure if we had the money to resign him. We made him a offer but he didn't want it so he went elsewhere.

supa_fly_steeler
12-25-2009, 06:22 AM
he's played extremley bad in arizona, pretty much handed the titans the late game drive against arizona :(.

he has been burnt 12% more than ike taylor :O

truesteelerfan
12-25-2009, 09:08 AM
Just 2M per year is what they signed him for....I know money is tight for us every year, but when we need to find it, we generally do......That salary for a starting CB seems reasonable to me

Rotorhead
12-25-2009, 11:14 AM
If I recall, we offered something in that ballpark, he wanted to go elsewhere . . . but I could be wrong

steel9guy
12-25-2009, 11:37 AM
He fit our D, not the cards.

Psyychoward86
12-25-2009, 11:47 AM
We should have never let him go, everyone was soooooo confident that Gay could step up. Now we all hate on Gay and McFadden is having the best year of his career :banging:

i think he fits better in our system then the cards, because obviously you havent been watching. He's been having a bad, bad year. And for the record, we did try signing him, it's a complete mystery why he didnt sign with us

supa_fly_steeler
12-25-2009, 11:51 AM
I think Gay can start for this team, he was doing well in the start, but it fell apart after AP destroyed him lol... maybe one more training camp, if we do get a corner in this years draft, we have 4 real good potential young corners on our team.

steelpride12
12-25-2009, 11:53 AM
Yes of course everyone misses Mcfadden he was an excellent Nickel corner and would fit into Gay's position right away, but the team couldn't resign him and that's what happens. Time for some new young talent!

zulater
12-25-2009, 12:11 PM
No sense closing the barn door after the horse has already left.

The Steelers need to find another quality corner to put on the field next season. Perhaps Burnett or Lewis will grow into the role? But I don't think you can go into the draft and free agency banking on one of them stepping up and filling the bill. The Steelers got to hope like hell that Ike returns to form next season and they've also got to get a starting caliber cb either through the draft or free agency.

Steeldude
12-25-2009, 01:45 PM

this again :banging:

gay is doing better than mcfadden this year. mcfadden is statistically the 2nd most burned CB in the NFL.

mcfadden sucked when he was here. how has he become such a great loss?

nikstar
12-25-2009, 01:50 PM
Can anyone confirm that he signed for only 2m? If so than I think FO may have made an error in judgement :noidea:

I have to disagree with the statement that he fit better in the Steelers D tho. Arizona's high scoring offense and ballhawk defense seems to be his style, high risk/high reward.

When I think quintessential Black and Gold corner I think more Ike Taylor, atleast Ike Taylor of recent years not recent games... kinda short, underrated, no hands, but responsible, generally reliable, and keeps the play infront of him. When I think McFadden I think risky, turnover oriented corner, orrrr I think of my favouriteOakland raider draft bust :P

Steel-Life
12-25-2009, 05:55 PM
It was reported that McFadden signed a 2-year deal with the Cardinals worth $10 million dollars. He was scheduled to earn $5 million of it in 2009 and the other $5 million in 2010.

pancake
12-26-2009, 10:27 AM
I think our hands were tied on Mcfad... We just didn't have the money, but I wish we still had him.

Psyychoward86
12-26-2009, 12:42 PM
I think our hands were tied on Mcfad... We just didn't have the money, but I wish we still had him.

yeah we did, we tried signing him, for more money actually, but for some strange reason he chose arizona

LambertLunatic
12-26-2009, 01:33 PM
Gay had a good season last year and a bad season this year. We really don't know if the 08 version of him is the real Gay or if the 09 version is the real Gay. I'm not suggesting that we don't try upgrading the position, but it's too early to give up on the guy. I'm not calling the front office's decision to let McFadden go a mistake yet.

markymarc
12-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Hopefully in the off season we can talk about what Joe Burnett and Keenan Lewis is going to do to help the Steelers secondary.

desertsteel
12-27-2009, 01:26 AM
I think Gay can start for this team, he was doing well in the start, but it fell apart after AP destroyed him lol... maybe one more training camp, if we do get a corner in this years draft, we have 4 real good potential young corners on our team.

Potential means you suck