PDA

View Full Version : Ravens RB Rice captures focus of Steelers

mesaSteeler
12-26-2009, 12:39 AM
Ravens RB Rice captures focus of Steelers

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/print_659499.html

By Scott Brown
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Steelers' top priority on defense has long been stopping the run.

Even if they are successful doing that Sunday at Heinz Field, that doesn't mean they will take Ravens running back Ray Rice out of the game.

One of the breakout players of the year, Rice leads the Ravens with 73 receptions, and he has 1,797 rushing and receiving yards combined.

The 128.4 yards from scrimmage he is averaging per game is second only to Titans running back Chris Johnson (155.4) in the NFL.

"He's just one of those talents," Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis said.

The Steelers know that all too well.

Rice had 155 rushing and receiving yards in the Ravens' 20-17 overtime win against the Steelers on Nov. 29.

Rice's 44-yard catch-and-run on fourth down late in regulation set up a game-tying field goal.

"He's that type of players where, yeah, you've got to have someone on him all the time," Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel said. "Not only is he a great weapon running the ball but he's a great weapon coming out, catching the ball. Those types of guys are special, and you definitely have to key on them."

Scott Brown can be reached at sbrown@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.

Galax Steeler
12-26-2009, 06:41 AM
I have to admit Rice is a good running back and we better prepare for him. We are going to have to contain him and put the pressure on Flaco if we have a shot at winning Sunday.

Texasteel
12-26-2009, 06:57 AM
I would hope they pay attention to him. He tore them up the last time they played. Please, no more 15 yard gains on 4th and 5.

Is it Sunday yet?

solardave
12-26-2009, 07:03 AM
I would hope they pay attention to him. He tore them up the last time they played. Please, no more 15 yard gains on 4th and 5.

Is it Sunday yet?

I agree this man must be stopped.

Crow-Magnon
12-26-2009, 08:52 AM
You have NO idea how happy I am to have Rice on the Ravens.....and my FF team. I received quite a few "what are you, nuts? messages when I drafted him early.

Guttpuppy
12-26-2009, 10:21 AM
That should be Timmons' only job this week... shadow Rice, everywhere. Nothing more, just stay on him.

Sharkissle29
12-26-2009, 10:26 AM
You have NO idea how happy I am to have Rice on the Ravens.....and my FF team. I received quite a few "what are you, nuts? messages when I drafted him early.

Mendenhall in the 10th was a steal.

Made me look real football smart.

supa_fly_steeler
12-26-2009, 11:27 AM
hopefully ryan clark introduces him into the rivalry a proper way. a clark hit. Last time it was pathetic attempts.

Psyychoward86
12-26-2009, 11:38 AM
Stop Rice, and play decent defense, and we should be set. We can survive a shootout if needed. The Ravens have two starting cornerbacks on IR, starting LB Gooden and Ed Reed are doubtful for the game.

Larry
12-26-2009, 01:13 PM
hopefully ryan clark introduces him into the rivalry a proper way. a clark hit. Last time it was pathetic attempts.

Does that mean a helmet to helmet hit where Clark either injures himself or gets an unnecessary roughness penalty?

markymarc
12-26-2009, 02:40 PM
That should be Timmons' only job this week... shadow Rice, everywhere. Nothing more, just stay on him.

I agree and I will scream if Farrior is anywhere near Rice in pass coverage :chuckle:

markymarc
12-26-2009, 02:41 PM
Ray Rice is a stud and he should be the main focus for the Steelers defense tomorrow. If they can somewhat slow him down, that can only help increase our chances of winning.

Steelman16
12-26-2009, 02:45 PM

Timmons will need to bring the best game of his career tomorrow for that job.

Psyychoward86
12-26-2009, 03:33 PM
Does that mean a helmet to helmet hit where Clark either injures himself or gets an unnecessary roughness penalty?

that was a legal hit Mr. Football illiteracy. He led with his shoulder, they just happened to clash helmets because of the angle that they collided at.

I believe he's talking about this epic fail: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d8149a855/Mark-Clayton-Highlight-WK-12-vs-Steelers-2009

Larry
12-26-2009, 04:33 PM
that was a legal hit Mr. Football illiteracy. He led with his shoulder, they just happened to clash helmets because of the angle that they collided at.

I believe he's talking about this epic fail: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d8149a855/Mark-Clayton-Highlight-WK-12-vs-Steelers-2009

Uh.....what? :doh:

Clearly YOU are the one who is illiterate. Ryan Clark injured himself in the AFC championship, and he was flagged for unnecessary roughness (helmet to helmet, surprisingly enough) to help the Raiders along. Did I say anything about the legality of the hit? It's up to the refs.