lamberts-lost-tooth
12-26-2009, 04:06 PM
I'm new to making mocks and I was just wondering if someone could say:
How many picks we have
Who they think is staying
Who they think is leaving
What positions do we need
What are a few specific players that fit our 3-4

Alot of this is subjective...but I believe our top three positions of need are NT...Safety...and Left tackle.

I believe we will not resign Hampton. There are two very good 3-4 NT's in this coming draft so that may be a first round possibility.

Our lack of depth in the defensive backfield has been very obvious so we may pick up a safety early.....with the possibility of eventually picking up two safeties or a safety/CB combination.

LT has been a problem for a couple of years and I see no young blood on the roster who can play the left side,

......so I think we will see these three positions taking priority with the nod going to towards our picking up a NT first....only because the position is so hard to fill.

I think Reed may be let go so look for a 4th or 5th round kicker or FA to be brought in.

Parker may be a casualty, but since RB isnt a high priority, we may wait until the later rounds to pick up a "project" or lower division back.....so In the later rounds I think that we will fill "depth" positions at OLB/ILB/RB and another DB like I mentioned earlier.

TE is also another late round possibility depending on if Tomlin decides that the Spaeth experiment is over.

I think the projection for draft picks, at this time, are:

Round 1
Round 2
Round 3a
Round 3b
Round 4
Round 5a
Round 5b
Round 6
Round 7

As far as specific players we might be looking at...our draft could look something like this:

Round 1: NT Dan Williams
Round 2: OT Jason Fox
Round 3a: SS Barry Church
Round 3b: ILB Micah Johnson
Round 4: CB Sherrick McManis
Round 5a: Kicker Leigh Tiffin
Round 5b: DE Jeffrey Fitzgerald
Round 6: OLB Arthur Moats
Round 7: RB Joique Bell

Texasteel
12-26-2009, 06:11 PM
I'm new to making mocks and I was just wondering if someone could say:
How many picks we have
Who they think is staying
Who they think is leaving
What positions do we need
What are a few specific players that fit our 3-4

One important thing is to think for yourself. Listen to what everyone says, read up on the player, then you decide what you want to do. One more thing, don't get your feelings hurt when some one says " are you crazy ". Of course I'm old and senile and they all leave me alone. Don't say it MOP!

Looking forward to your 1st mock.