PDA

View Full Version : Bowl Game Thread

OneForTheToe
12-26-2009, 04:17 PM
Great time of year. It would be better if these bowls led to a true champion, but I enjoy them for what they are. If I don't have a horse in the race, I usually root for the upset - especially if the team is from a non BSC conference.

Right now watching Pitt and NC in the Meineke Car Bowl. Go Pitt. So far it has been a pretty traditional Pitt game. Too many missed opportunities for Pitt. Thank god for NC making some bone head plays.

Tonight will be rooting for BC to beat USC.

Edited to add: Sorry, didn't see the other thread.

OneForTheToe
12-26-2009, 04:27 PM
Pitt should be winning this game.

Nadroj 20
12-26-2009, 04:29 PM
I really like Pitt's RB, ive said on here before i think Lewis has the talent to win the heisman eventually.

OneForTheToe
12-26-2009, 04:38 PM
I really like Pitt's RB, ive said on here before i think Lewis has the talent to win the heisman eventually.

I agree. He is getting a great deal of press already, which is important.

steelersfanman92
12-26-2009, 05:06 PM
I think Lewis should have been in the heisman talk this year, I'm not saying he deserved to win it, but I think he could have been a finalist.

OneForTheToe
12-26-2009, 05:43 PM
Pitts only weakness really is their secondary. If they had a decent one they would be in a BCS Bowl. If they lose this game that will probably be their undoing.

OneForTheToe
12-26-2009, 05:57 PM
Just announced that UUUUUUUrban Meyer is steppig down. Wonder what that is about? If it is not an NFL job, or personal issue, then I'd say an major NCAA investigation is in the offing.

Edit to add: Sounds like a health issue possibly. Best wishes for a recovery if that is the case.

On another note, Pitt is starting to leak oil.

OneForTheToe
12-26-2009, 06:26 PM
Wow, offsides NC on a FG attrempt. Could be the game.

Congrats to Pitt.

Go BC.

Nadroj 20
12-26-2009, 09:54 PM
USC just scored on BC after a long pass got them inside the 5 one play after BC threw a pick, went from driving down the field making a comeback to letting the other team score in a blink of an eye.....that sucks

OneForTheToe
12-26-2009, 10:32 PM
Oh well, I figured USC would win. At least it wasn't big Bowl.

KeiselPower99
12-28-2009, 11:28 AM
No one watchd the Little Caesers Bowl?? I went to it as I went to Marshall and Ohios campus is only 30 minutes from my house. It was a good game.

BlackNGold88
01-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Ohio State trading TDs for FGs all day again. Typical OSU redzone offense.

Nadroj 20
01-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Ohio State makes it 26-17 on a pryor to posey TD....7:02 left in the game

BlackNGold88
01-01-2010, 07:21 PM
I SMELL ROSES!

cubanstogie
01-01-2010, 07:23 PM
I wonder who will be a better TE in the pros, Tebow or Pryor in a few years. LOL

Nadroj 20
01-01-2010, 07:33 PM
I wonder who will be a better TE in the pros, Tebow or Pryor in a few years. LOL

He had a good game today and im looking foward to watching him play next season for my buckeyes.

Great game bucks

BlackNGold88
01-01-2010, 07:34 PM
He had a good game today and im looking foward to watching him play QUATERBACK :chuckle: next season for my buckeyes.

Great game bucks
No doubt he played decent tonight. I wouldn't say great, he did have some bad passes and cost us some drives with his happy feet. But overall this team was on a mission to prove the media and haters wrong and I think they did that tonight. :tt04:

Nadroj 20
01-01-2010, 07:37 PM
No doubt he played decent tonight. I wouldn't say great, he didnt have some bad passes and cost us some drives with his happy feet. But overall this team was on a mission to prove the media and haters wrong and I think they did that tonight. :tt04:

Heck yea it was a big win for them and the big ten who hasnt won that game in a long time (not sure the exacct # 10 years?)

And the five straight losses to non-conferance ranked opponents is over too, glad to get that W

Now time to watch Cincy and Florida, who thinks this could be a shootout?

BlackNGold88
01-01-2010, 07:42 PM
Heck yea it was a big win for them and the big ten who hasnt won that game in a long time (not sure the exacct # 10 years?)

And the five straight losses to non-conferance ranked opponents is over too, glad to get that W

Now time to watch Cincy and Florida, who thinks this could be a shootout?

I' m hoping Cincy kills the Gators. I just hate the Gators with a burning passion. I doubt it happens though, it will likely be the opposite.

Nadroj 20
01-01-2010, 07:45 PM
I' m hoping Cincy kills the Gators. I just hate the Gators with a burning passion. I doubt it happens though, it will likely be the opposite.

Same here go Ohio team lol

Nadroj 20
01-01-2010, 07:47 PM
IMO those cincy uniforms are AWESOME

BlackNGold88
01-01-2010, 08:20 PM
Cincy uniforms are pretty sweet period.

A lot of NFL talent on show today. Haden, Spikes, Gilyard.

Pike could make a decent NFL QB as well.

Aussie_steeler
01-01-2010, 09:17 PM
Cincy uniforms are pretty sweet period.

A lot of NFL talent on show today. Haden, Spikes, Gilyard.

Pike could make a decent NFL QB as well.

Others who are putting in a good show ;

Carlos Dunlap DE 1st round
Maurkice Pouncey OG / OC late 1st / early 2nd
Major Wright FS 2nd - 3rd round
Maurice Pouncey OG 3rd / 4th round

Tebow might also get drafted along the way.

They are all currently doing a great job blowing the bearcats out of the water.

For the steelers my gator wish list in order would be:
1. Haden
2. Spikes
3. Maurkice Pouncey
4. Major Wright

Nadroj 20
01-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Cincy is taking a beating in the 1st half and i really cant see it being any different in the 2nd...

BlackNGold88
01-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Others who are putting in a good show ;

Carlos Dunlap DE 1st round
Maurkice Pouncey OG / OC late 1st / early 2nd
Major Wright FS 2nd - 3rd round
Maurice Pouncey OG 3rd / 4th round

Tebow might also get drafted along the way.

They are all currently doing a great job blowing the bearcats out of the water.

For the steelers my gator wish list in order would be:
1. Haden
2. Spikes
3. Maurkice Pouncey
4. Major Wright
Not a fan of Dunlap, he is a lazy player. He takes several plays off in a game. Tebow will get drafted, hell maybe in round 1. I just don't think he will get drafted for the right position. He needs to be a H back and someone will make him a QB that wants to sell tickets to casual fans.

supa_fly_steeler
01-01-2010, 09:22 PM
is this for just the cincintucky gator game if not...

anyone see tyrod taylor toy with the tennessee defence his accuracy on the deep balls were jizzingly awesome.

Nadroj 20
01-01-2010, 09:34 PM
is this for just the cincintucky gator game if not...

anyone see tyrod taylor toy with the tennessee defence his accuracy on the deep balls were jizzingly awesome.

This is for all bowls so were good lol :thumbsup:

Tyrod Taylor is good and i used to follow the hokies, (not so much now for some reason) i liked them back in the Kevin Jones at RB days lol

BlackNGold88
01-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Figured this would get out of hand =/

touchdownward
01-01-2010, 10:22 PM
This is a total Cincy beat down, time to switch back to the Twilight Zone marathon. :grin:

RoethlisBURGHer
01-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Wow Cinci is getting mauled. And to think there were people who thought this team could beat the Buckeyes and were snubbed by not getting into the National Championship Game.

BlackNGold88
01-01-2010, 10:34 PM
This is a total Cincy beat down, time to switch back to the Twilight Zone marathon. :grin:
I'm just waiting for Pawn Stars to come on lol

xfl2001fan
01-02-2010, 10:22 AM

I think Pryor might have more promise as a QB than Tebow...which is to say that Pryor will likely be a backup QB for someone for years. I'm just not impressed with Tebow as an NFL prospect (at any position.) I don't think he's "man enough" to play as an effective TE in the league...or a FB.

Nadroj 20
01-02-2010, 11:00 AM
Tebow went 31-35 482 yards and 3 TD's and rushed for 51 yards and another TD. I know its only one game but stat wise it was his best and IMO most important it wasw his LAST game which is the last time scouts are seeing him in game type conditions and he had those numbers. I say he'll get looked at as a QB in the NFL 1st (then maybe other positions later), i doubt people will want to start converting him just yet.

OneForTheToe
01-02-2010, 01:14 PM
Tebow's QB future will depend on what team he goes to. Most Qbs coming out are better off coming to a good team (Brady, Ben ect). I don't think good teams will want to wait until he learns to adapt his game, so, in Tebow's case, he might be better off actually getting drafted by a bad team. He will have more time because he will create a stir and put butts in the seats. Someone suggested Buffalo, which I think is an ok fit.

xfl2001fan
01-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Buffalo w/ TO...no way. He's a QB Killer. Buffalo w/o TO, yeah, he might make it there...but it sure does get cold in Buff as the season moves on. Not sure how well this kid will play in the cold weather. He might be better off going to a dome team (like Minnesota).

revefsreleets
01-03-2010, 11:36 AM
A) This was Pryor's best game ever...he actually went through progressions and threw the ball away. I saw him go to his FOURTH option on one play...that is NOT the Pryor that played the rest of this season. There is some hope for him yet as a QB.
B) Cincy was a joke. They don't play defense. They had no business playing Florida...they'd have been better matched against Boise. Exactly what I expected in this one.
C) This was the best the Buckeyes have looked in about 3 years. They'd have played with any team in the country today. Their defense absolutely stymied Oregon.
D) Go Iowa!