Steelersfan4life0655
12-27-2009, 04:14 PM
the man is a beast!!!:tt04:

Sharkissle29
12-27-2009, 04:18 PM
that spin move made him look like a speed rusher

billym99
12-27-2009, 04:18 PM
No doubt... he was the difference at the end of the game when the DEFENSE CAME THROUGH! Give some credit to the secondary at the end, flacco had some time to get rid of the ball, but Woodley made some sick moves to get both of those pressures.

Hotrodder07
12-27-2009, 06:10 PM
He's definitely the best player on our defense this year. He's a beast!

supa_fly_steeler
12-27-2009, 06:29 PM
he makes everyone jizz when he gets a sack.

he's gonna be an awesome linebacker for us, oh wait he already is.

steelpride12
12-27-2009, 10:51 PM
Bought his jersey late last season and this kid is a beast!

Psyychoward86
12-27-2009, 10:58 PM
looks like the rest of the team's Clutch is rubbing off on him

Steeldude
12-28-2009, 02:14 AM
for the season? i give it to harrison.

shinoff2183
12-28-2009, 02:26 AM
He's definitely the best player on our defense this year. He's a beast!

I still say harrison with all the BS no holding calls this guy is the best linebacker in the league, with no question.
I like what woodley has done but no.

steeltheone
12-28-2009, 05:29 AM
woodlley started off slow. Some say he was out of shape at the begining of the season. He really has come on strong. For the season i give it to Harrison

zulater
12-28-2009, 05:41 AM
for the season? i give it to harrison.

For the first half of the season yeah. But for the entire season to date Woodley has been the better player.

Galax Steeler
12-28-2009, 08:02 AM
Woodley was a steel in the draft it was hard to believe that he fell into the second round. I am sure glad that he landed in Pittsburgh. The man is a beast and plays hard on every down. He as really came on in the second half of the season.

markymarc
12-28-2009, 12:25 PM
We are very lucky to have Woodley on the team. He has been clutch the past few weeks and now he leads the team in sacks with 11 1/2.

revefsreleets
12-28-2009, 12:28 PM
For a fat, slow guy, he's looked good in ALL phases of the game...dude even has 6 passes defensed.

One of the better draft picks the Steelers have made in the last 10 years to be sure...

markymarc
12-28-2009, 01:35 PM
For a fat, slow guy, he's looked good in ALL phases of the game.

I knew you wouldn't be able to resist that. The minute I saw this thread, I thought to myself about you responding and bringing up the fat, slow guy talk :chuckle:

revefsreleets
12-29-2009, 09:58 AM
I knew you wouldn't be able to resist that. The minute I saw this thread, I thought to myself about you responding and bringing up the fat, slow guy talk :chuckle:

Well, it'd be one thing if the person who made the original poor and incorrect assessment would have admitted his folly, but it becomes another thing entirely when people say silly things and then won't back down out of pride or spite...

SteelerFanInStl
12-29-2009, 10:16 AM
woodlley started off slow. Some say he was out of shape at the begining of the season. He really has come on strong. For the season i give it to Harrison

:iagree: It wasn't too long ago that a lot of people here were complaining about Woodley not playing up to what he did last year.

markymarc
12-29-2009, 12:25 PM
Well, it'd be one thing if the person who made the original poor and incorrect assessment would have admitted his folly, but it becomes another thing entirely when people say silly things and then won't back down out of pride or spite...

I agree with you because it was crazy for anyone to ever think Woodley was overweight and that was affecting his play and quickness on the field. Eventually reality sets in and Woodley has proved all of the "fat" critics wrong.

zulater
12-29-2009, 01:51 PM
I agree with you because it was crazy for anyone to ever think Woodley was overweight and that was affecting his play and quickness on the field. Eventually reality sets in and Woodley has proved all of the "fat" critics wrong.

The story I heard was that Woodley might have hit the weights too hard in the offseason and might have lost some agility and mobility in the proccess. Which if correct I'd chalk up to a guy trying as hard as he could to improve on his craft.

But it's something i never commented on because while it's true that the sacks just weren't coming early for Lamar, you could see the effort was never lacking so I figured he'd come around in time.

The guy is one of my favorite players. Might be the best draft choice this team's made since Ben. Given how good this team drafts, that's saying a lot. :tt:

markymarc
12-30-2009, 12:19 PM
The story I heard was that Woodley might have hit the weights too hard in the offseason and might have lost some agility and mobility in the proccess. Which if correct I'd chalk up to a guy trying as hard as he could to improve on his craft.

But it's something i never commented on because while it's true that the sacks just weren't coming early for Lamar, you could see the effort was never lacking so I figured he'd come around in time.

The guy is one of my favorite players. Might be the best draft choice this team's made since Ben. Given how good this team drafts, that's saying a lot. :tt:

I was just commenting on how some posters early in the season were saying Woodley was fat and that was the reason he wasn't playing well. There's no question he struggled early in the season. Lamar couldn't even point out what the difference is between the beginning of the season and now where he has been unstoppable.

You are correct in that Woodley's effort should never be questioned. This guy is a gamer and brings it every single play. I am still amazed that we were able to pick up Woodley in the 2nd round. You know a lot of teams are upset for passing him up.