PDA

View Full Version : The Positives

Steel Mountain
12-27-2009, 05:56 PM
Playoffs or not....
I saw some real heart today
Woodley is back! Not that he was gone, but he was a Beast today.
Ziggy Hood is going to be REALLY good.
Mendy is our feature back for years to come.
I have very little worry about our receiving corps w/ Santo and Wallace and I still hold out hope for sWeed.
I thought our coaching staff did an admirable job in this game.
We got jobbed by the Refs at least three times that I saw and still won.
Our ST seemed to make it inevitable that the coach is gone...and should be.
The crowd was awesome! Wish I was there.
I am trying really hard to find a positive for the secondary and well....I guess they might
be nice guys in person????

Celebrate and hope for some help next week and it will be a whole new season!!!

Dino 6 Rings
12-27-2009, 05:58 PM
secondary...well Taylor Almost had a pick....again...almost...

Taylor had a sack and fumble recovery...so like...that's good.

Indo
12-27-2009, 06:00 PM
Carter made an awesome open-field tackle against Rice----I was actually amazed...

Steel Mountain
12-27-2009, 06:05 PM
Steelers wont pass on CJ Spiller if he last. Feature that.

Since were "featuring" if`s...if they do not use the first pick on D, I will eat my shorts. Our O needs a few tweaks, but has performed well IN SPITE of their coaching.

MasterOfPuppets
12-27-2009, 06:08 PM
wallace got wide open for a sure six !!!.... but ben decided to underthrow him for a pick instead....:noidea:
seriously though...why can't he ever hit a guy in stride ? he under throws almost every deep ball....:doh:

jaygorius
12-27-2009, 06:11 PM
wallace got wide open for a sure six !!!.... but ben decided to underthrow him for a pick instead....:noidea:
seriously though...why can't he ever hit a guy in stride ? he under throws almost every deep ball....:doh:

I agree with you that he often under throws balls, but on that particular play it was more understandable because he spun out of a sack and threw the ball while on the run and did not have time to set his feet and make a proper throw.

theplatypus
12-27-2009, 06:15 PM
You missed one.

The Steelers have beaten a quality opponent two weeks in a row.

WE ARE STILL ALIVE

zulater
12-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Playoffs or not....
I saw some real heart today
Woodley is back! Not that he was gone, but he was a Beast today.
Ziggy Hood is going to be REALLY good.
Mendy is our feature back for years to come.
I have very little worry about our receiving corps w/ Santo and Wallace and I still hold out hope for sWeed.
I thought our coaching staff did an admirable job in this game.
We got jobbed by the Refs at least three times that I saw and still won.
Our ST seemed to make it inevitable that the coach is gone...and should be.
The crowd was awesome! Wish I was there.
I am trying really hard to find a positive for the secondary and well....I guess they might
be nice guys in person????

Celebrate and hope for some help next week and it will be a whole new season!!!

I'm with you on everything but the refs supposedly jobbing us and what exactly did Mendy do today that sealed your opinion on him?

Don't get me wrong, I'm firmly in Mendenhall's corner, but I thought he had a poor game today.

Rick5895
12-27-2009, 07:16 PM
Finishing the season strong was important for 2 reasons, 1 it keeps us alive for the playoffs and 2. It starts the momentum for next season and the super bowl title.

HometownGal
12-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Finishing the season strong was important for 2 reasons, 1 it keeps us alive for the playoffs and 2. It starts the momentum for next season and the super bowl title.

Exactly. :thumbsup: :drink:

MasterOfPuppets
12-28-2009, 05:44 AM
they finished pretty strong last year...how has that translated to this year....:noidea:

markymarc
12-28-2009, 11:40 AM
and what exactly did Mendy do today that sealed your opinion on him?

Don't get me wrong, I'm firmly in Mendenhall's corner, but I thought he had a poor game today.

We just don't run the football well against the Ravens. The only thing I had against Mendenhall was his dropped pass that would have scored the TD.

markymarc
12-28-2009, 11:42 AM
Steelers wont pass on CJ Spiller if he last. Feature that.

While it would be nice to pick up CJ Spiller, the Steelers need to focus on defense in the first round next year. That would be a nice 1-2 punch though with Mendenhall and Spiller.

Rhee Rhee
12-28-2009, 11:48 AM

i've noticed this as well! i swear since he came in the league ben's max has been 50 some yards... i have no clue why his max is 50 ish but jamarcus russell can throw 65 from his knees... not saying i'd rather have jamarcus but i mean if ben could throw just a teensy weensy bit farther...

steel9guy
12-28-2009, 12:06 PM
i've noticed this as well! i swear since he came in the league ben's max has been 50 some yards... i have no clue why his max is 50 ish but jamarcus russell can throw 65 from his knees... not saying i'd rather have jamarcus but i mean if ben could throw just a teensy weensy bit farther...

but Wallace is ridiculously fast. Really hard to hit in stride.