PDA

View Full Version : Stefan Logan- Will be in the record books for the Steelers!

Preacher
12-27-2009, 07:52 PM
Right now, he is 52 yards short of having the most return yards in one year for the Steelers.

He as consistently given us good field position on kickoffs. It is a shame we can't get some better blockers for him.

7willBheaven
12-27-2009, 07:55 PM
I remember hearing something from the announcers about he's in the #2 spot or something like that. Even though he hasnt gone to the house in the regular season (though close many times) i think he has done very well and was worth keeping him like we have (and hopefully will next year).

Dino 6 Rings
12-27-2009, 08:02 PM
I'm kind of hoping he only gets the chance to return the ball one time next week :)

7willBheaven
12-27-2009, 08:04 PM
Haha very true Dino...though he still could get it on one kick.

Shoes
12-27-2009, 08:07 PM
Right now, he is 52 yards short of having the most return yards in one year for the Steelers.

He as consistently given us good field position on kickoffs. It is a shame we can't get some better blockers for him.

Come on Preach, you know he sucks and should be cut :chuckle:

Preacher
12-27-2009, 08:55 PM
I'm kind of hoping he only gets the chance to return the ball one time next week :)

Very true.

Well... Just takes one big runback to do it!!

Merchant
12-27-2009, 09:07 PM
I was actually shocked when I heard that comment. He really hasn't seemed that good to me all season. He constantly hesitates and loses speed within the first 10-15 yards.

pepsyman1
12-27-2009, 09:34 PM

Preacher...you are exactly right. I've heard people complaining about Logan for weeks, but it is unwarranted. Considering how poorly we've been blocking for him, I think he's done a fabulous job. I watch our special teams when WE kick off, and the returner is usually getting about 15-20 yards under his belt before having to deal with anyone on our coverage team. When Logan is returning, he is frequently having to contend with a defender by the time he goes 10-12 yards. A little better blocking at the beginning of the play and this guy is gonna start breaking big ones.

Psyychoward86
12-27-2009, 10:00 PM
I was actually shocked when I heard that comment. He really hasn't seemed that good to me all season. He constantly hesitates and loses speed within the first 10-15 yards.

wat are u on

Merchant
12-27-2009, 10:04 PM
wat are u on

Watch the tape son. He constantly catches the ball.. runs full speed 10-15 yards.. hesitates and brings it down to jogging speed.. picks a spot and gets back up to 75% speed and gets tackled.. if that made any sense.

I know I'm not the only one who thinks this.

Shoes
12-27-2009, 10:13 PM
Watch the tape son. He constantly catches the ball.. runs full speed 10-15 yards.. hesitates and brings it down to jogging speed.. picks a spot and gets back up to 75% speed and gets tackled.. if that made any sense.

He'll be much better next year with a new ST coach :chuckle:

Psyychoward86
12-27-2009, 10:20 PM

lol. That's how you're supposed to return kicks. U run full speed when u get the ball, then u slow up a bit to read blocks, and accelerate again when you hit a hole. The only thing keeping Logan from taking one to the house is our mediocre ST blocking

MasterOfPuppets
12-27-2009, 10:23 PM

yeah i noticed that too ... i'm always yellin at him to run into the backs of blockers or just barrel over the defenders....stupid logan, quit waisting time waiting for blockers to open holes...make your own damn holes you munchkin.......:sofunny:

Merchant
12-27-2009, 10:28 PM
You gotta hit the hole/lane/whatever you wanna call it full speed.. and granted our ST blocking isn't the best so the designated lane doesn't always open up, but if it doesn't you gotta make a decision on where to go quick, and that's where I see the hesitation from him..

Whatever, that's my opinion, screw you guys lol :P

iloveben7
12-27-2009, 10:29 PM
go Stefan

Psyychoward86
12-27-2009, 10:34 PM
You gotta hit the hole/lane/whatever you wanna call it full speed.. and granted our ST blocking isn't the best so the designated lane doesn't always open up, but if it doesn't you gotta make a decision on where to go quick, and that's where I see the hesitation from him..

Whatever, that's my opinion, screw you guys lol :P

The kids got wheels, our blockers arent going to outrun him. I feel you though, watching kick returns can be an impatient business :chuckle:

Steelman16
12-27-2009, 10:37 PM
Logan seems to out-run even himself sometimes. :chuckle:

But I think he's been a solid returner all season for us. Perhaps marred by the other flawed facets of our special teams, but he's nonetheless been one of the lone bright spots in that unit.

Hope he's with us for a few more years! :tt02:

MarsRover
12-28-2009, 01:25 AM
For all intents and purposes, the guy is basically a rookie in the NFL....and he sets the steelers single season record. He'd doing well imo no matter his methods of return

lukas
12-28-2009, 02:27 AM
No, Merchant, I know exactly what you're talking about.

He gets good returns on average, but it's kinda surprising to believe he's doing SO well. I watch his returns and I'm like eh. He's above average in kickoff returns and a bit miserable in punt returns, so it's always surprising to me when stats are presented and he's doing far better than it appears (in my eyes atleast).

solardave
12-28-2009, 03:17 AM
Preacher...you are exactly right. I've heard people complaining about Logan for weeks, but it is unwarranted. Considering how poorly we've been blocking for him, I think he's done a fabulous job. I watch our special teams when WE kick off, and the returner is usually getting about 15-20 yards under his belt before having to deal with anyone on our coverage team. When Logan is returning, he is frequently having to contend with a defender by the time he goes 10-12 yards. A little better blocking at the beginning of the play and this guy is gonna start breaking big ones.

You're right. Logan is not the problem with our return team!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-28-2009, 03:53 AM
Excellent post Preacher!!...There is no doubt that we have seen improvement.

2008: we averaged 20.3 yards per kick return and we ranked #29 in the league
2009: we are averageing 23.8 yards per kick return and rank #11 in the league

I would like to point out, however, that our defense allowed 13.9 points a game against us last year and 20 points a game this year...which means our opposition has been kicking off more and giving Logan more opportunities to "run" then last years KR's...which helps pad his total return yards.

MasterOfPuppets
12-28-2009, 04:10 AM
Excellent post Preacher!!...There is no doubt that we have seen improvement.

2008: we averaged 20.3 yards per kick return and we ranked #29 in the league
2009: we are averageing 23.8 yards per kick return and rank #11 in the league

I would like to point out, however, that our defense allowed 13.9 points a game against us last year and 20 points a game this year...which means our opposition has been kicking off more and giving Logan more opportunities to "run" then last years KR's...which helps pad his total return yards. but that can also be deceiving LLT...... 2 fieldgoals = 6 points, 2 kickoffs .....1 td = 7 points, 1 kickoff....... got to compare how many td's were givin up..

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-28-2009, 06:42 AM
but that can also be deceiving LLT...... 2 fieldgoals = 6 points, 2 kickoffs .....1 td = 7 points, 1 kickoff....... got to compare how many td's were givin up..

You are exactly right...I know that in 2008 we gave up 223 points...and we have already gave up 300 points in 15 games.

2008: 21 TD's....23 Field goals
2009: 34 TD's...20 Field goals

so......10 more attempts at 23.8 per attempt. That is 238.0 more yards.

markymarc
12-28-2009, 11:12 AM

Thank you for bringing this up. It's amazing how some fans want to bust on Stefan Logan, but they don't realize how bad our special teams blocking is. If we had some better blockers I can't imagine how well he could do for return yards.

Congrats to Stefan Logan for having a great year and giving us a threat in the return game.

atlsteelers
12-28-2009, 11:26 AM
in my opinion logan has been slightly above average.

fansince'76
12-28-2009, 11:31 AM
in my opinion logan has been slightly above average.

Our blocking on punt returns and kick returns continues to completely suck. I don't care who we put back there, until this aspect of our STs improves, our return game won't get any better.

markymarc
12-28-2009, 12:33 PM
Our blocking on punt returns and kick returns continues to completely suck. I don't care who we put back there, until this aspect of our STs improves, our return game won't get any better.

I totally agree. Logan has been very good considering the blocking!