PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Steeler Pinney backs Hawks

Hawk Believer
01-30-2006, 02:39 AM
Link to the story.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/257421_where28.html

I'm guessing this guy shouldn't return to Pittsburgh anytime soon after this article...

steelermaniac
01-30-2006, 02:41 AM
Great stuff! the best is Norm Johnson picking the hawks... too good.

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-30-2006, 06:53 AM
Link to the story.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/257421_where28.html

I'm guessing this guy shouldn't return to Pittsburgh anytime soon after this article...

He hasn't been in Pittsburgh in years according to your article. he left this town for the money of the USFL decades ago. Ray "I grew up and make my living in Sweattle and I think I'll just kill my business and lose all my friends by picking the STEELERS". Damn you guys can't be that dumb,whoelse is he going to pick? Go HAWKERS, KAPOW !!

83-Steelers-43
01-30-2006, 07:37 AM
Damn you guys can't be that dumb

I've had the luxury of visiting a few of the Seahawks MB's. That's all I'm going to say......

drizze99
01-30-2006, 09:43 AM
What a douche bag.

Suitanim
01-30-2006, 11:08 AM
Well, the guy doesn't have much choice, does he? If he wants to KEEP his job selling insurance to people/companies in Seattle, he damn well better cheer for the home team.

Atlanta Dan
01-30-2006, 03:05 PM
I agree Pinney has a business to keep going and going on record that you are rooting for your clients' team to lose the Super Bowl won't help the bottom line.

Only veiled cheap shot I read was that Pinney said he "got fired in a phone call" from Dan Rooney after a 1987 season in which it sounds like Pinney was ready to call it quits.

My bet is not every owner calls up players to let them know they are being let go, but if that is how Pinney wants to describe the call it is more of a reflection on him than it is on Mr. Rooney.

Ambridge
01-30-2006, 05:01 PM
Obviously Ray Pinney believes in self preservation.

On a sidenote I work for Costco Wholesale and our home office is in Issaquah, Washington which isn't too far from Seattle. The company's Founder and CEO
Jim Sinegal is a Pittsburgh native so I'd love to hear which team he's pulling for?

Hawk Believer
01-30-2006, 05:11 PM
Obviously Ray Pinney believes in self preservation.

On a sidenote I work for Costco Wholesale and our home office is in Issaquah, Washington which isn't too far from Seattle. The company's Founder and CEO
Jim Sinegal is a Pittsburgh native so I'd love to hear which team he's pulling for?

Great question. Google couldn't answer it.

He is a well loved guy around here. A great role model for other big business CEOs. We'd give him a pass even if he chose the wrong team.