PDA

View Full Version : What a Shame.

steelerchad
12-27-2009, 07:58 PM
If we don't get in.

Anybody here think we're not better than the Jets or Texans? Yet we're pulling for them both to lose so we can get in. This team should have never been in this position, but here we are needing a win and some help.

StainlessStill
12-27-2009, 08:02 PM
Going into today, thinking that us beating Baltimore, we'd DEF be playing for a playoff spot against Miami. Not the case, it looks bleak and it feels like I'm getting the wind knocked out of me since I think we miss it by one game. Hope I'm wrong.

Here We Go Steelers
-------------------------------

Here we go Patriots
Here we go Bengals
Here we go Raiders

supa_fly_steeler
12-27-2009, 08:11 PM
It's not a shame, do we even deserve it, The Jet's have the #1 defence more deserving that the shit we pulled off in the last 7 games...

SteelerEmpire
12-27-2009, 08:24 PM
Looks like those pitiful losses to the Browns and Raiders might have "did " us..... we'd have to win AND get very lucky that 3 of 4 teams lose next week... and that will only be the beginning of our troubles if at least Troy P. does not return for the playoffs......

SteelCityMom
12-27-2009, 09:11 PM
If we don't get in.

Anybody here think we're not better than the Jets or Texans? Yet we're pulling for them both to lose so we can get in. This team should have never been in this position, but here we are needing a win and some help.

Yeah, we won't be better than the Jets or the Texans (though we SHOULD have been). It's upsetting to know that just one win over either KC, OAK, Chicago, Cincy or the Browns and we'd be in the number 5 spot securely.

They've made their own fate. I hope there is some kind of miracle that gets the Steelers in, but a couple weeks ago I was saying that winning out and going 9-7 would be more depressing to me than going 7-9 or 8-8. Kind of like rubbing salt in the wounds.

Edman
12-27-2009, 09:26 PM
If this team was serious about making the playoffs, they shouldn't have lost to Oakland and Cleveland.

I'm afraid the Steelers waited a little too late to flip the switch. The Defense made a stop today, when we needed one three weeks ago. We had our chances, and we blew each and every last one of them.

Curtain_of_Steel
12-27-2009, 09:36 PM
As much as we probably dont deserve it, the scenario that has just occurred is BS. They set it up, so a team doesn't have to play at all in the bengals. Even that fool Sanchez can beat 2nd and 3rd stringers from the bungles.

There were other viable games that couldve been in that spot, for teams that purely control there own destiny, agasint teams that would love to be a spoiler.
Ravens/Raiders for one. the early outcomes means nothing if the Ravens win. They have to win.
Eables Cowboys, look like it means a big thing, with the division on the line.

If ever there was QB undeserving of making the playoffs its Sanchez, as he flat out sucks. Colts deserve to lose in their first game. They laid down like a cheap vegas hooker.

Rick5895
12-28-2009, 04:42 AM
As much as we probably dont deserve it, the scenario that has just occurred is BS. They set it up, so a team doesn't have to play at all in the bengals. Even that fool Sanchez can beat 2nd and 3rd stringers from the bungles.

There were other viable games that couldve been in that spot, for teams that purely control there own destiny, agasint teams that would love to be a spoiler.
Ravens/Raiders for one. the early outcomes means nothing if the Ravens win. They have to win.
Eables Cowboys, look like it means a big thing, with the division on the line.

If ever there was QB undeserving of making the playoffs its Sanchez, as he flat out sucks. Colts deserve to lose in their first game. They laid down like a cheap vegas hooker.

There weren't many other viable games, maybe us vs the fish or Pats vs Texans.Jets vs Bengals is a very interesting match up for the majority of viewers. an interesting coach (Ryan) big city (NY) a team fighting against tragedy (Cinci) Cinci hasn't had a lot of prime time gigs in recent years, they have marque players. I think the NFL putting this game to prime time has the reverse effect. I believe it will bring out the best in the Bengals.
We still have to win (which we will) with the Texans losing or the Ravens losing (or both, making the Jets/Bungles meaning less).

Again , if we win 1 game against the dregs of the NFL (KC, Oak, Cle, Chi) we don't need to worry about this.:tt04:

stillers4me
12-28-2009, 05:22 AM
It seems this team always has to learn lessons the hard way. It is a shame to see their efforts of the last few weeks go down in flames.....but it was too little too late. They played with that sense of urgancy that was not their all season. And it going to burn inside of them all offseason.....I see them coming out strong and staying strong all next season, they will want to control their own destiny and Tomlin should make that a talking point all year long. Play every game like it could be your last one. They will ( or at least they should) be playing with a chip on their shoulder next year.......we will be very dangerous. Enjoy your 1st place schedule, Bengals fans. Because paybacks are a bitch.

Is it September yet? :tt03:

4xSBChamps
12-28-2009, 05:52 AM
If this team was serious about making the playoffs, they shouldn't have lost to Oakland and Cleveland (or Kansas City or Chicago).

"..... survey-says.....

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/TV%20shows/RichardDawsonHostingFamilyFeud.jpg

..... NUMBER ONE ANSWER on the board, Darlin'!!!!!"

Nobody's fault but mine..... nobody's fault but mine

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/RobertPlant.jpg

Fire Haley
12-28-2009, 07:05 AM
I bet all the 8-7 teams have just as many "what-ifs".

Steelers lost 5 games by 3 pts.

If Troy wasn't a cripple, we'd have won them all. Chalk this season up to the injury bug.

markymarc
12-28-2009, 11:30 AM
Like Tomlin stated "We lay in the bed we made". Like Edman stated this team should have flipped the switch on 3-4 weeks ago and not just in the past 2 weeks. It's never good when you have to depend on other teams to get you in the playoffs.