PDA

View Full Version : Instant analysis from Ravens' 23-20 loss to Steelers

mesaSteeler
12-27-2009, 10:00 PM
Instant analysis from Ravens' 23-20 loss to Steelers
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2009/12/instant_analysis_from_ravens_2320_loss_to_steelers .html

How our reporters and editors saw today's game:

Mike Preston: The best team lost today. The Ravens self-destructed.

Jamison Hensley: Steelers didn't beat the Ravens. The Ravens hurt themselves the most with penalties, dropped passes and poor blocking.

Ken Murray: Blown chances and a brutal mismatch between right tackle Oniel Cousins and Steelers' linebacker LeMarr Woodley cost the Ravens a chance to sweep Pittsburgh. The Ravens were able to take Ben Roethlisberger out of his game, but the Steelers made plays when they had to.

Edward Lee: Can't blame the defense for this loss. Giving up just 23 points to the Steelers should be a win, but the offense couldn't avoid penalties or its own miscues to give the defense some assistance.

Kevin Van Valkenburg: For the first time in a long time, I'll keep it short. This team does not deserve to make the playoffs, and 100 yards of penalties proves that, referee conspiracies or not. Zero mental discipline.

Ron Fritz: When the Ravens look back on this season, playoffs or no playoffs, John Harbaugh is going to have to figure out how to cut down the stupid penalties. It might mean new players because the same ones are making the errors over and over. It's just sad that the Ravens gave the Steelers life today.

(Well you think that if the Ratbirds didn't have a team composed of punk thugs who idolize their "leader" the murderer Ray Ray, that maybe they might have more discipline. The Ratbird lack of class was on full display today. - jgm)

Dino 6 Rings
12-27-2009, 10:09 PM
Steelers Won, Ravens Lost, that is all

Rhee Rhee
12-27-2009, 11:04 PM

but the ravens definitely assisted us in the win...

Tone's Toes
12-27-2009, 11:39 PM
:blah:

Ravens could have executed better in hindsight, but so could the Steelers. You can make the argument that the better team loses in almost any close game. It's still a lame argument. If you don't make the plays, you deserve to lose. If you don't make the plays on that day, you're not the better team on that day.

Larry
12-27-2009, 11:45 PM
Yeah, I'm not gonna be a stubborn fan and refuse to acknowledge what happened today...that was way too much to ignore. I basically sat there in awe for the second half, as we hung on while the Ravens totally imploded. I've never seen a red zone collapse like the one after Foxworth's pick...two TDs called back, a wide open dropped TD, and then taking themselves out of field goal range with completely pointless penalties. Crazy.

mikegrimey
12-27-2009, 11:48 PM
I absolutley agree with Tone

After every football game I watch I hear the respective fans from each team blathering about 'if only we did this when...' or 'if it happened this way' when the fact is it only happened one way and not any of the other ways.
What ifs are nothing but fancy that the losers use to console themselves. Kind of like I thought 'what if joe burnett had super glue on his gloves against the raiders'.

Usually a football game comes down to who makes the least mistakes or the biggest plays. Mistakes, physical and mental, are a part of the game.

I remember Mendenhall dropping an EASY TD pass in the first quarter---if we had ended up losing by 3 points we could be writing the same things that the Ravens fans are right now. No point to it really.

Psyychoward86
12-28-2009, 12:04 AM
but the ravens definitely assisted us in the win...

and our defense gave them some help too :rolleyes:

steelwalls
12-28-2009, 06:28 AM
That certainly was not a pretty game, but before people start talking about the Ravens helped us and the 'penalties' "conspiracy", they should go back and look at those crucial ones. Every single one of them was absolutly blatent, and unquestionable. If you truely take a look and think otherwise you don't know ANYTHING about football.

stillers4me
12-28-2009, 06:46 AM
Ravens fans are talking out of their asses with this one. The Ravens have been beating themselves with stupid penalties all season. They literally handed both wins to the Bengals. They gave the Bengals at least 30 yards in one game for the winning points. Maybe it's all a big NFL conspiracy? :hunch:

HometownGal
12-28-2009, 10:06 AM

My thoughts exactly. At the end of the day, a W is all that really matters, no matter how it was obtained.

pghfrank1948
12-28-2009, 10:23 AM
I think Limas Mason was plant and he sure came though. W is a W and I loved those games against the Thugs!!!

markymarc
12-28-2009, 12:58 PM
The only thing you had to see yesterday was what happened after Haloti Ngata went to the sideline after his personal foul on the one special teams return. He was actually smiling when he sat down and players came up to him and offer congratulations. That play right there smells of being undisciplined.

But of course Jon Harbaugh will be bitter all week about the officiating and not do anything to help instill discipline on this team.