PDA

View Full Version : CRAP CRAP CRAP - Bengals going to screw us.

CPanther95
12-27-2009, 09:07 PM
NBC selected Cincy/Jets game for SNF.

By the time the game is on, they'll know the outcome of the NE game. If NE wins, Cincy can't take the #3 seed away - they'll likely sit their starters.

If NE loses, Cincy will play all out to get the #3 seed, but we'll have already lost the Wild Card spot.

CantStop85
12-27-2009, 09:19 PM
NBC selected Cincy/Jets game for SNF.

By the time the game is on, they'll know the outcome of the NE game. If NE wins, Cincy can't take the #3 seed away - they'll likely sit their starters.

If NE loses, Cincy will play all out to get the #3 seed, but we'll have already lost the Wild Card spot.

Your fate may be in this man's hands:
http://llnw.image.cbslocal.com/0/2008/08/01/320x240/JT_O_Sullivan_81967687.jpg
:chuckle:

CPanther95
12-27-2009, 09:23 PM
Your fate may be in this man's hands:
http://llnw.image.cbslocal.com/0/2008/08/01/320x240/JT_O_Sullivan_81967687.jpg
:chuckle:

I think that's the guy that handed out the 3D glasses for Avatar.

jjpro11
12-27-2009, 09:24 PM
yeah.. it keeps getting worse. assuming the Pats and Ravens win.. it's going to come down to whether they want to host the Ravens (if they win) or Jets (if they lose).

CPanther95
12-27-2009, 09:29 PM
yeah.. it keeps getting worse. assuming the Pats and Ravens win.. it's going to come down to whether they want to host the Ravens (if they win) or Jets (if they lose).

That won't even matter. If NE and BAL win, NE locks up the #3.

Cincy will be the #4 and will play #5 Baltimore. The Cincy game will only determine who the #6 is that the Pats play (NYJ or Pitt).

Something tells me that they'd rather see the Jets in, than the Steelers - especially if it also means they can sit their players.

jjpro11
12-28-2009, 01:30 AM
That won't even matter. If NE and BAL win, NE locks up the #3.

Cincy will be the #4 and will play #5 Baltimore. The Cincy game will only determine who the #6 is that the Pats play (NYJ or Pitt).

Something tells me that they'd rather see the Jets in, than the Steelers - especially if it also means they can sit their players.

again, assuming the Ravens, Pats and Steelers all win.. Cincy will only play the #5 seed Baltimore if they win vs the Jets, then the Steelers would get the 6th seed. Cincy will play the #5 seed Jets if they lose Sunday and Baltimore would get the 6th seed.

run the sim and have a look.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=yahooranker

CPanther95
12-28-2009, 06:43 AM
again, assuming the Ravens, Pats and Steelers all win.. Cincy will only play the #5 seed Baltimore if they win vs the Jets, then the Steelers would get the 6th seed. Cincy will play the #5 seed Jets if they lose Sunday and Baltimore would get the 6th seed.

run the sim and have a look.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=yahooranker

Ooops, you're right. I thought BAL had the tiebreaker over the Jets.

So it'll come down to who'd they rather play.

KeiselPower99
12-28-2009, 08:42 AM
The way Cincy has played as of late I dont think the starters would fare better then the backups right now.

demarco5
12-28-2009, 08:55 AM
What happens if the bengals win but the ravens/texans lose?

SteelCityMom
12-28-2009, 09:32 AM
What happens if the bengals win but the ravens/texans lose?

Then the Steelers get in at 5th seed and play the Bengals in the first round.

If the Bengals lose and the Ravens and Texans lose, then the Steelers get in as 6th seed and play the Pats.

If Baltimore wins, we need the Bengals and KC to win to get the 6th seed.

If Houston wins we need the Bengals and Oakland to win to get the 6th seed.

Me, I'm just hoping Baltimore, Houston, NY and Denver all lose lol...that'll save a lot of speculation on our part. The Jags are on our side with hoping all these teams lose as well. If that happens, the 8-8 Jags will take the 6th seed and play the Pats (assuming the Jags beat the Browns next week).

CantStop85
12-28-2009, 10:00 AM
After all of the crap I've gotten on here the past few years for the Steelers eliminating the Bengals from the playoffs, I think I'm going to take great satisfaction out of watching the Bengals lose on Sunday night. :wave:

4xSBChamps
12-28-2009, 10:07 AM
I think I'm going to take great satisfaction out of watching the Bengals lose on Sunday night.

..... only-fair..... we've been watching the Bungles lose for 20+ years

:drink:

CPanther95
12-28-2009, 10:37 AM
After all of the crap I've gotten on here the past few years for the Steelers eliminating the Bengals from the playoffs, I think I'm going to take great satisfaction out of watching the Bengals lose on Sunday night. :wave:

I guess it's only fair to let some other team eliminate the Bengals from the playoffs this year.

stlrtruck
12-29-2009, 07:52 AM

Oh but what about this situation. If you beat the jets and all other things fall in to place you have an opportunity to give yourself a first round game against either the ravens or the Steelers. In turn, a chance to end their season and beat one of those teams for a third time this season. Doesn't that bring some joy to the soul?

Or is it that the bungals might be a little concerned about beating one of those two teams again?

If it were me, I'd play to win and look forward to beating a team in my division a third time. But then again that's what I'm use to as a fan of the Steelers.

Let's see if the bungals, give up like the colts did or if they actually want to make a statement before they lose on wildcard weekend! :coffee:

CantStop85
12-29-2009, 11:52 AM
Oh but what about this situation. If you beat the jets and all other things fall in to place you have an opportunity to give yourself a first round game against either the ravens or the Steelers. In turn, a chance to end their season and beat one of those teams for a third time this season. Doesn't that bring some joy to the soul?

Or is it that the bungals might be a little concerned about beating one of those two teams again?

If it were me, I'd play to win and look forward to beating a team in my division a third time. But then again that's what I'm use to as a fan of the Steelers.

Let's see if the bungals, give up like the colts did or if they actually want to make a statement before they lose on wildcard weekend! :coffee:

If the Patriots win earlier that day, then there's no real motivation for the Bengals to go out there and play. The starters may play a quarter or two, but I imagine that would be it. Which, believe it or not, is a smart move. We already had Rey Maualuga break his ankle last game, I'd rather not see any more injuries right before the playoffs.

If the Patriots lose, on the other hand, it's a whole different story.

fansince'76
12-29-2009, 12:16 PM

OK - outside of this season and 2005 and '06, when have the Bengals not been out of contention by about week 10 (and in many cases sooner) since about 1991 or so? And based on their recent play at least, I think I am going to take great satisfaction in their probable one-and-done playoff appearance. Enjoy the AFCN Champions hat. :coffee:

4xSBChamps
12-29-2009, 12:20 PM
Enjoy the AFCN Champions hat.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/Pittsburghskylinewith6LombardiTroph.jpg

SteelCityMom
12-29-2009, 12:45 PM
If the Patriots win earlier that day, then there's no real motivation for the Bengals to go out there and play. The starters may play a quarter or two, but I imagine that would be it. Which, believe it or not, is a smart move. We already had Rey Maualuga break his ankle last game, I'd rather not see any more injuries right before the playoffs.

If the Patriots lose, on the other hand, it's a whole different story.

I can understand that. The Steelers (and just about every other team) would do the same thing if they were playing in the playoffs the next week.

It's a whole different story if you're the Colts and you start resting starters in the second to last game WITH a guaranteed bye week. That's just ridiculousness lol.

I say the Bengals play for some pride though this coming week. And like Lewis was quoted saying earlier, they want to go out there and play to win and that they'd feel much better going into the playoffs coming off a win. Hopefully that's what they do no matter what lol.

jjpro11
12-29-2009, 12:54 PM
i can't see the Bengals playing their starters more than a quarter since they don't have a bye week. completely different than the Colts resting their starters a full 3 weeks before their first playoff game.

if i remember correctly, the Ravens kept all of their starters in throughout the entire game and overtime in week 17 of 2003 vs the Steelers when they had everything clinched.. i can't remember what was being said the week leading up to the game.. but i guess you just never know.

Crow-Magnon
12-29-2009, 02:13 PM
i can't see the Bengals playing their starters more than a quarter since they don't have a bye week. completely different than the Colts resting their starters a full 3 weeks before their first playoff game.

if i remember correctly, the Ravens kept all of their starters in throughout the entire game and overtime in week 17 of 2003 vs the Steelers when they had everything clinched.. i can't remember what was being said the week leading up to the game.. but i guess you just never know.

I remember that game. Although the playoffs and beyond is always the goal, Baltimore wanted that win over Pittsburgh just as bad. And they got so beat up it cost them, but IMO, it was worth it. God, that was a brutal game!

Regardless, I don't think Marvin is going to rest his starters unless the game is well in hand.

steelreserve
12-29-2009, 03:29 PM

Wasn't that the game where Jamal Lewis needed, like, 150 yards to break the single-season rushing record? If I recall, he had a good game and passed Barry Sanders for second, but came up about 50 yards short of the title.

jjpro11
12-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Wasn't that the game where Jamal Lewis needed, like, 150 yards to break the single-season rushing record? If I recall, he had a good game and passed Barry Sanders for second, but came up about 50 yards short of the title.

yeah.. that was the big story leading into the game.