PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Reed gets tough!

pepsyman1
12-27-2009, 10:48 PM
After all the crap we've given Reed this year, I'd be remiss in my duties as a Steeler fan to not give kudos to Jeff Reed today... Not only was he clutch with field goals down into the open end of Heinz Field, but he stepped when he gave Parmele a serious ride out of bounds after his last kick off. If he doesn't make that stop we're probably leaving the stadium with another 4th qtr loss. Nice job Jeff.

JEFF4i
12-27-2009, 10:53 PM
I wasn't always happy about it, but I defended him and this is why.

The Bears game was a fluke.

steelwalls
12-27-2009, 10:54 PM
Honestly I don't know what people's issue is with Reed. He's been one of the better kickers we've had in a while IMO.

Psyychoward86
12-27-2009, 10:54 PM
and long as he isnt getting wasted/destroying paper towel dispensers, it would be nice to keep a kicker who can nail 'em through the uprights in the clutch........and at heinz field

Merchant
12-27-2009, 11:13 PM
I love him on field goals.. and I hate to place negativity on his clutch performance today.. but the guy has to be one of the worst kick-off guys in the league.. he only averages like 60 yards on kickoffs, if that.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-27-2009, 11:14 PM
and long as he isnt getting wasted/destroying paper towel dispensers, it would be nice to keep a kicker who can nail 'em through the uprights in the clutch........and at heinz field

EXACTLY!

I would love to have Reed back next season for a reasonable price and some alcohol counseling.

Psyychoward86
12-27-2009, 11:26 PM
I love him on field goals.. and I hate to place negativity on his clutch performance today.. but the guy has to be one of the worst kick-off guys in the league.. he only averages like 60 yards on kickoffs, if that.

<-----------Agrees

But he had 1 touchback today! :applaudit:

MasterOfPuppets
12-27-2009, 11:36 PM
i think reed was nippin at some liquid courage on the sidelines today....:alcoholic i wonder if he was that brutal toward that towel dispencer ? no wonder he got arrested...

Gnutella
12-27-2009, 11:37 PM
<-----------Agrees

But he had 1 touchback today! :applaudit:

That's because we kicked off from our 45-yard line after the Ravens got penalized 15 yards. :doh:

Merchant
12-27-2009, 11:39 PM
That's because we kicked off from our 45-yard line after the Ravens got penalized 15 yards. :doh:

lmao! :rofl:

Galax Steeler
12-28-2009, 07:59 AM
Reed had a good game he made the kicks when we needed them. I have to say though I was one of them that was down on Reed when he didn't make a good effort on some of those kick off when they were running them back. Sunday he showed that he could make a tackle if he has to. Good job Reed.:tt05:

FacemeIke
12-28-2009, 09:32 AM
I 100% want Reed back to kick FGs. But, I do think we need to use a roster spot to give to another kicker for kickoff duties. It sucks having to use a roster spot for that, but Reed just doesnt kick it deep enough and it would really help out our special teams.

HometownGal
12-28-2009, 09:52 AM
I've always supported Skippy and I will continue to do so. He does what he is paid to do and does it very well. :drink: He's as clutch a PK as you'll find in today's NFL.

huntingteacher
12-28-2009, 10:19 AM
If Reed lost some weight, he may kick better, cover better, and stay out of bars more.
I like the idea of picking up someone who can kick farther on kick offs, but I might try and draft a kicker and let Reed compete next year for the job. The short kick offs are a big part of our kick off issues.

X-Terminator
12-28-2009, 10:24 AM
If Reed lost some weight, he may kick better, cover better, and stay out of bars more.
I like the idea of picking up someone who can kick farther on kick offs, but I might try and draft a kicker and let Reed compete next year for the job. The short kick offs are a big part of our kick off issues.

That would be fine, IF Reed was signed for next year. He's not. He could simply sign with another team where he'd be the man, and that would be that.

Rhee Rhee
12-28-2009, 10:28 AM
seeing other teams drop and sign kickers on a weekly basis makes me thankful for reed and also makes me want the FO to resign this man (for the right price)...

markymarc
12-28-2009, 01:00 PM
I wouldn't want any other kicker for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Jeff Reed earns his money every week and was clutch again yesterday against the Ravens. Plus he got to add another touch back to his stats............although he needed a personal foul penalty to do it :chuckle: