PDA

View Full Version : ? for all Steeler fans

iuprell67
01-30-2006, 09:30 AM
Are you really worried about this game at all? To be honest with you I am not.

bangpow
01-30-2006, 09:37 AM
Yes, I am.

Don't get ****y!

Carolina's defense was no slouch and the Seahawks had no problems putting up points. Their defense might be a bit small, but they are fast, athletic, and they make plays. And i have no idea why people discount Hasselbeck, he's a damn good QB and he can be dangerous. Shaun Alexander, 'nuff said. Plus, the last time i checked, the Steelers still couldn't cover the deep ball very well.

83-Steelers-43
01-30-2006, 09:39 AM
Any given Sunday. Sure I'm nervous, It's the Super Bowl and we are playing a damn good football team. There's a reason why they are in the Super Bowl. With that being said, I still feel the Steelers will win on Sunday but I don't feel it will be a blow out. It will be a close and tough game in my opinion. There's a reason why these two teams are in the Super Bowl.....because they are the best of the best.

jbone19
01-30-2006, 09:40 AM
I'm not worried at all. I was a little worried before the Denver game, but the way the Steelers just dominated them gives me a lot more confidence. I don't think a lot of people realize how good the Steelers really are. I truly think this will be a lop sided game.

83-Steelers-43
01-30-2006, 09:46 AM
I don't think a lot of people realize how good the Steelers really are.

I think we realize how good we are, but we also realize how good the Seahawks are as a team. Once again, both teams are in the Super Bowl. This is not a playoff game that proves who deserves to be in the Super Bowl.

Maybe I've learned over the years while sitting in my seat inside Three Rivers and Heinz after a couple of playoff losses (when thinking we were the best team in the NFL) that nothing is a given in the NFL. The feeling of total let down and despair. The cold walk back to my car from my seats after a playoff loss. Maybe that is what's stopping me from stating "we are going to roll over them"?

Hopefully your correct and it is a blow out. It would put a few years back on my life span, that's for damn sure.

bangpow
01-30-2006, 09:48 AM
I remember when the Steelers played the Patriots they year the Pats won their first SB. I was in town for the AFC Championship game and watched the game at Philthy McNasty's. Well, on our way downtown, the radio hosts were already talking as if the Steelers won the game and the Patsies were going to be pushovers. I got a bit worried about that and all the overconfidence of Steeler fans. And we know what happened in that game.

Needless to say, I'm starting to get that feeling again.

Prosdo
01-30-2006, 09:49 AM
I'm confident in the Steelers, but I'm not going to underestimate the Seahawks. I don't think you ever underestimate a team in the playoffs. They are here for a reason and you can't take that away from them.

FisherMOM
01-30-2006, 10:25 AM
I believe that the Steelers have a GREAT TEAM working this year! Absolutely Great!

BUT... in football.. anyone can have a bad day. I am always nervous for the games...
ok, except when we play the Browns.

dibdeb2
01-30-2006, 10:34 AM
I believe that the Steelers have a GREAT TEAM working this year! Absolutely Great!

BUT... in football.. anyone can have a bad day. I am always nervous for the games...
ok, except when we play the Browns.

Sooo True!!!! Anything CAN happen- so keeping my lucky charms in place!!!

:sign03:

luvmysteelers
01-30-2006, 11:18 AM
I believe that we have the better team, and that its going to be a great game. But I'm not going to be complacent, because it IS the superbowl and both teams are here for a reason. I'm always nervous, and this weekend won't be any different than normal.

GO STEELERS!

steelermaniac
01-30-2006, 11:25 AM
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease let everyone on your team an coaching staff be this Coc ky! Something tells me that is what the panthers were thinking before they came into town.

Umm ya, you guys haaaaaave nooooooooooothing to worry about this sunday.... right :crazy01: :hope: :hypno:

tony hipchest
01-30-2006, 11:30 AM
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease let everyone on your team an coaching staff be this Coc ky! Something tells me that is what the panthers were thinking before they came into town.

Umm ya, you guys haaaaaave nooooooooooothing to worry about this sunday.... right :crazy01: :hope: :hypno:

cowher and the steelers over confident? every one already knows the seahawks got this in the bag cause holmgren has won a ring and cowher hasnt.
:rolleyes:

plus the seahawks have 5 or 6 guys who have played in the playoffs. i think they are 2nd to the pats with players with sb experience.

steelermaniac
01-30-2006, 11:33 AM
The Hawks may have this in the bag, but for many more reasons than you listed right there.

HburgXL06
01-30-2006, 12:06 PM
'Pride cometh before a fall"

A proverb I live by so that I understand the challenges before me (and my team) and not overestimate myself or get too c**ky. Respect the other team for what they have and acknowledge their strengths but also understand what you (and your team) has to offer that has the ability to shut them down and take home the trophy. Pride and overconfidence can often cloud the focus of even the best of men and I believe Cowher and the Steelers realize that and are not comin in actin like the favorites they are.

BuFu

steelermaniac
01-30-2006, 12:18 PM
'Pride cometh before a fall"

A proverb I live by so that I understand the challenges before me (and my team) and not overestimate myself or get too c**ky. Respect the other team for what they have and acknowledge their strengths but also understand what you (and your team) has to offer that has the ability to shut them down and take home the trophy. Pride and overconfidence can often cloud the focus of even the best of men and I believe Cowher and the Steelers realize that and are not comin in actin like the favorites they are.

BuFu
And you are lot wiser than the rest of these numb nuts... i shall continue to educate.

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-30-2006, 12:22 PM
And you are lot wiser than the rest of these numb nuts... i shall continue to educate.Because your a teacher right?

steelermaniac
01-30-2006, 12:26 PM
Because your a teacher right?

Some say i am a teacher, some say a profit, others a preacher. Call me what you want; i simply spread the good word of the 12th man.

TexaSteeler
01-30-2006, 01:11 PM

I'll bet Rams fans asked this same question in their second SB.

TexaSteeler
01-30-2006, 01:19 PM
And you are lot wiser than the rest of these numb nuts... i shall continue to educate.

When you lack intelligence, everyone appears wise.

Koopa
01-30-2006, 01:25 PM
well i feel about the same i was with the broncos, i know the seahawks are a very good team and do deserve to be in the superbowl but it seems like the steelers want it more and have much more to lose then the seahawks do. what i mean by that is all the haters will come around if the steelers lose, cowher will be bashed every second of the day, ben will be called a choker, bettis will be called a fat dude that never won a thing and so on and so on. if the seahawks lose it was their first time in the superbowl, and they lost to a better team. that's why i'm feeling good about the steelers winning it all

steelermaniac
01-30-2006, 01:34 PM
i know the seahawks are a very good team and do deserve to be in the superbowl
Koopa my son, the 12th man force is strong in you!!!! Come the way of other long horns before you: marcus tubbs and D.D. Lewis and join the true blue fans...

Koopa
01-30-2006, 01:40 PM
Koopa my son, the 12th man force is strong in you!!!! Come the way of other long horns before you: marcus tubbs and leroy hill and join the true blue fans...

**** that, casey hampton is repping the horns for me on the steelers and that's all i need.

steelermaniac
01-30-2006, 01:47 PM
**** that, casey hampton is repping the horns for me on the steelers and that's all i need.
Hampton? its all about this big boy in the middle. he will be the brick wall your bus runs into all day sunday. And this boy will be cleaining up willie parker in the backfield.
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/images/football/nfl/draft/2004/DRAFT-TUBBS.jpghttp://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/images/2001_02/main_images/07/Lewis_DD_250_03.jpg

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-30-2006, 02:37 PM
Hampton? its all about this big boy in the middle. he will be the brick wall your bus runs into all day sunday. And this boy will be cleaining up willie parker in the backfield.
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/images/football/nfl/draft/2004/DRAFT-TUBBS.jpghttp://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/images/2001_02/main_images/07/Lewis_DD_250_03.jpgLook The Bus is already in the lead. GO Jerome GO!

pitt
01-30-2006, 03:16 PM
I'm always nervous before a game. I'm already getting jittery just thinking about Sunday.

Suitanim
01-30-2006, 05:15 PM
Some say i am a teacher, some say a profit, others a preacher. Call me what you want; i simply spread the good word of the 12th man.

yur a gude teecher and profit, and yur slogun is originul.

Hawk Believer
01-30-2006, 05:29 PM
it seems like the steelers want it more and have much more to lose then the seahawks do. what i mean by that is all the haters will come around if the steelers lose, cowher will be bashed every second of the day, ben will be called a choker, bettis will be called a fat dude that never won a thing and so on and so on. if the seahawks lose it was their first time in the superbowl, and they lost to a better team. that's why i'm feeling good about the steelers winning it all

But some people would argue that the team that has nothing to lose would execute better. Psychologically speaking, you don't want to be playing to not lose; you need to play to win.That being said, I think for all the speculation we can throw out there, these are two teams that have their heads on straight.

I think the Hawks will win but that doesn't stop me from geting nervous about it.

seahawksfan
01-30-2006, 05:32 PM
yur a gude teecher and profit, and yur slogun is originul.

think yau. the aggies dink sew 2.

SteelersNationsfl
01-30-2006, 05:37 PM
This is my first post on steelersfever.com and I have been looking for a good steelers forum to post on. Thanks for making that for me!!!!

Anyway I would like to answer your question saying the following.

I am always nervous when the steelers take the field no matter what game it is:

First Pre-Season Game
First Regular Season Game
anywhere in the middle
In the last game even if we won our division and have home field advantage
Especially in the Super Bowl

I am a 27 year old western pa native and lived in pittsburgh and I am always nervous....

Ya know it felt really good to win those playoff games being underdogs and the 6th seed. It kind of makes it all worth being a steelers fan. Flying up this year to go to the Monday Night Ravens Game from south florida just after Hurricane katrina hit us.

Hello everyone!!!

Go Steelers....

http://youtube.com/w/NEW-Pittsburgh-Steelers-Here-We-Go-Music-Video?v=1EG9g0PpWWw&search=pittsburgh%20steelers%20song

clevestinks
01-30-2006, 06:46 PM
I also can honestly say......NO.....Hell NO.....

This is for more than just Bettis, but if that what motivation we need to put us over the top, then so be it.

I want it for Cowher, he is truly one of the best HC in the game today, and he continues to take heat. He is as passionate a coach as there is! He deserves it. And once the monkey is off his back, its on to the next one.

Nothing against the best team from the NFC! But it is what it is! WEAK! We are rolling, we will win. Double digit victory, gauranteed, hawks fans rwrite it down

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2006, 06:47 PM
You better not underestimate any team on any week in the NFL, much less the playoffs. We'll bring it and so will they...

but yes I am confident in our chances, but certainly not overly confident enough to say it will be a cake walk.

SteelCityMan786
01-30-2006, 07:01 PM
I want it for ALL THE STEELERS FANS! We are overdue to see a team win a title.

blitzburgher
01-30-2006, 07:20 PM
no worries at all!! the only worries i do have are will i have enough food and will i have enough cold beer to last me to the wee hours of the night so i can celebrate ! i already took off work on monday!

seahawksfan
01-30-2006, 07:54 PM
You better not underestimate any team on any week in the NFL, much less the playoffs. We'll bring it and so will they...

but yes I am confident in our chances, but certainly not overly confident enough to say it will be a cake walk.

Thank you. A moderate comment from the Moderator. Take heed the rest of you. Anything can happen in the SB and a Seahawk win will bring prove to those of you crowing about a Steeler massacre.

shevdog
01-30-2006, 10:07 PM
I'm not nervious right now, rather very, very anxious to get this game going. 2 weeks between games is killer!

Once the kick off happens, then the roller coaster of emotions will begin. BELIEVE!!!!

TexaSteeler
01-30-2006, 10:09 PM
Thank you. A moderate comment from the Moderator. Take heed the rest of you. Anything can happen in the SB and a Seahawk win will bring prove to those of you crowing about a Steeler massacre.

Cautiously you speak . Fear I sense, young Seahawker.

Hawk Believer
01-30-2006, 10:20 PM
I want it for ALL THE STEELERS FANS! We are overdue to see a team win a title.

Overdue? You aren't gonna get much sympathy from this side of the Cascades. (imagine violins playing in the background)

Steve_Courson's_Liver
01-30-2006, 10:21 PM
Hawks are like a super shitty version of the Colts. So it is hard to take them seriously.

GoStillersGo
01-30-2006, 10:23 PM
I'm confident in the Steelers, but I'm not going to underestimate the Seahawks. I don't think you ever underestimate a team in the playoffs. They are here for a reason and you can't take that away from them.

You expressed my perspective succinctly. Thanks.

steelcityjameser
01-30-2006, 11:26 PM
initially i was not. as i have gone into this second week crazy thoughts begin to brew. to avoid a jinx i will not "voice" them here, but i have concerns. i think the two weeks off has its benefits and drawbacks. we needed the rest, but i really liked our momentum. the steelers are a better team, they just need to emulate the level of concentration and drive that they had in the AFC playoff series. i think they will do it, but i think people are underestimating alot of things.

seahawksfan
01-30-2006, 11:31 PM
Cautiously you speak . Fear I sense, young Seahawker.

:chuckle: No. Not fear. You are sensing the collective force of the Seahawk multitude coming together to overthrow the Republic of Steeerdom. Fear not, for the force is with me and all Seahawk fans.

Light saber's primed and ready to do battle. :duel:

Koopa
01-30-2006, 11:32 PM
But some people would argue that the team that has nothing to lose would execute better. Psychologically speaking, you don't want to be playing to not lose; you need to play to win.That being said, I think for all the speculation we can throw out there, these are two teams that have their heads on straight.

I think the Hawks will win but that doesn't stop me from geting nervous about it.

naw i don't think the hawks are gonna be playing to win like the steelers, you can already see the fear in hasselback eyes. and the trembling in his voice, what a ***** trying to take back what he said at the pep rally a confedinent man would've stuck by what he said instead of trying to back away from it.

TexaSteeler
01-31-2006, 09:39 AM
naw i don't think the hawks are gonna be playing to win like the steelers, you can already see the fear in hasselback eyes. and the trembling in his voice, what a ***** trying to take back what he said at the pep rally a confedinent man would've stuck by what he said instead of trying to back away from it.

I think he's a little gun shy since the Green Bay coin toss, "We'll take the ball and we're going to score!!"

That was funny.

OldschoolSteelerFan
01-31-2006, 09:44 AM
I am not really worried, but on any given day the Steeler corners can be beaten....that's the only position on this team that concerns me, and if the LBs and Polamalu can put pressure on Hasselbeck, I think it will force them to run. If that's the case, I believe they can keep Alexander somewhat in check.

Koopa
01-31-2006, 02:47 PM
I think he's a little gun shy since the Green Bay coin toss, "We'll take the ball and we're going to score!!"

That was funny.

i never saw the highlights to that game..did they score?

TexaSteeler
01-31-2006, 02:49 PM
i never saw the highlights to that game..did they score?

Green bay won.