PDA

View Full Version : Safety sleeper

BehindSteelCurtain
12-28-2009, 12:31 AM
Clemson's DeAndre McDaniel

6'1 200-210 lbs, Junior

McDaniel is a viscious hitter who doesn't shy away from the big hit. He was 2nd in the country with 8 INTs. McShay has him as the No. 5 safety if he decides to come out. He'd be a nice replacement for Clark. He's projected to be a 2nd-4th rounder if he comes out.

Some videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfI6UZ8pwP0&feature=related

Yes, he did point at the QB. Calling em' out. Broke Ponder's shoulder, ended his season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpAk11N3VkM&feature=related

This video shows his hitting and playmaking ability.

I heard he's returning for his SR. season but haven't heard anything official.

Steel Glory
12-28-2009, 10:43 AM
I don't know if you know this or not but he plays strong safety. Just putting that out there. Plus I heard somewhere if he doesn't get 1st round consideration he would go back to school. I don't think he is going in the first this year.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-28-2009, 11:21 AM
I dont think the Steelers will be interested in this guy.

He is a player...but he was cahrged with assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature. against his girlfriend in 2008.
McDaniel placed a comforter over her head and began choking then struck her with a closed fist to her face and head area....he then shoved her down a flight of stairs and punched her in the chest as she fled from the apartment toward her car.
McDaniel’s girlfriend was treated for serious bodily injury, including a cervical sprain, soft tissue contusion, facial and chest wall contusions.

supa_fly_steeler
12-28-2009, 12:39 PM
I dont think the Steelers will be interested in this guy.

He is a player...but he was cahrged with assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature. against his girlfriend in 2008.
McDaniel placed a comforter over her head and began choking then struck her with a closed fist to her face and head area....he then shoved her down a flight of stairs and punched her in the chest as she fled from the apartment toward her car.
McDaniel’s girlfriend was treated for serious bodily injury, including a cervical sprain, soft tissue contusion, facial and chest wall contusions.

thug

Galax Steeler
12-28-2009, 12:45 PM
Don't sound like he is the Steeler type.

taztroy43
12-29-2009, 03:37 AM
Yea he doesn't seem like the steeler type....you should look at this guy he's projected to be a 3-4round pick....his name is Kam Chancellor FS out of Virginia Tech...He's 6'3" 230lbs and is projected to run a 4.5 forty....If the steelers do not go after Taylor Mays...they should seriously consider going after this guy(Chancellor) or after Myron Lewis CB/FS because hes projected to go in the 3-4 round.....Lewis can play either CB/FS....He's 6'2" 205lbs...who runs a 4.5 forty.....

Both Chancellor and Lewis would be great additions in the later rounds...that is assuming that the Steelers don't go after Taylor Mays or any other safety/CB in the 1st or 2nd round!....

Kam Chancellor FS-

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n6PC-drS9IA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n6PC-drS9IA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sharkissle29
12-29-2009, 05:14 PM
^^^that boy can HIT

Aussie_steeler
12-29-2009, 05:29 PM
From what I have seen of Taylor Mays and Kam Chancellor is that they dont play the deep cover role all that well.

I have seen both burnt big time because they try to jump on a route or just take a bad angle and both are a big chance of getting burnt. ( not a chance that we need to take at the moment)

They have great measurables and look to lay the wood. They both seem to have more SS look about for the sunday game. Loads of talk starting to emerge that Taylor Mays may actually be a LB convert in the NFL.

I would take a true cover guy for free safety and also a strong safety to back up Troy that can do about 75% of what Troy does.

revefsreleets
12-30-2009, 10:01 AM
Scott Shields redux...

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-30-2009, 11:30 AM
I like McDaniel, but dont think he comes out this year. Apparantly a hard worker, spends a lot of time in the film room and looks like a playmaker.

I'm in favor of taking a stab at Revs boy Kurt Coleman in the 3rd round and looking at NT or ILB with a higher priority in the draft.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-30-2009, 11:45 AM
I'm sticking with my guys: Robert Johnson out of Utah and Barry Church from Toledo.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-30-2009, 11:50 AM
I'm sticking with my guys: Robert Johnson out of Utah and Barry Church from Toledo.

I watched the Utah bowl game and Johnson seemed to be slow in reacting to the play a lot. He always looked to be late moving to the ball and reacting, then when he showed up at the play he never came with the aggression or desire to hit.

He kind of reminded me a lot of a less decisive Curtis Taylor from LSU last year. Coleman seems more decisive, instinctive and passionate about the game to me. But, that is just me. :noidea:

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-30-2009, 01:37 PM
I watched the Utah bowl game and Johnson seemed to be slow in reacting to the play a lot. He always looked to be late moving to the ball and reacting, then when he showed up at the play he never came with the aggression or desire to hit.

He kind of reminded me a lot of a less decisive Curtis Taylor from LSU last year. Coleman seems more decisive, instinctive and passionate about the game to me. But, that is just me. :noidea:

Johnson is nursing a hamstring injury...and was obviously slower than I have seen him in other games.

He is a willing tackler (66 tackles and a forced fumble from the safety position) and a ball hawk ( 6 interceptions including onein the bowl game with the gimp hammy)

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-30-2009, 01:45 PM
Johnson is nursing a hamstring injury...and was obviously slower than I have seen him in other games.

He is a willing tackler (66 tackles and a forced fumble from the safety position) and a ball hawk ( 6 interceptions including onein the bowl game with the gimp hammy)
Aaaaaahhh.....that makes sense now. I think there looks to be a few guys that can play safety in the draft and be an upgrade over Carter and Mundy. Man, I hope we get one in the first 3 rounds.

BlackNGold88
01-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Nate Allen from USF is gonna be a good pick for someone in round 3 or 4 imo.

Aussie_steeler
01-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Nate Allen from USF is gonna be a good pick for someone in round 3 or 4 imo.

I think Nate Allen will be a good pick for someone (including the steelers) in the 2nd round. He currently has very good stock.

I like him alot as a future FS for the steelers.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-02-2010, 09:51 AM
I think Nate Allen will be a good pick for someone (including the steelers) in the 2nd round. He currently has very good stock.

I like him alot as a future FS for the steelers.

I agree...looks like a 2nd rounder at this point.

Texasteel
01-03-2010, 03:44 PM
From what I have seen so far, I like Chad Jones if he were to come out this years.