PDA

View Full Version : Official NFL Power Rankings for Week 17

mnofdichotomy
12-28-2009, 03:50 AM
Official NFL Power Rankings for Week 17 (http://sportales.com/football/official-nfl-power-rankings-for-week-17/)

mnofdichotomy
12-28-2009, 11:41 AM
updated for sunday night.

mnofdichotomy
12-29-2009, 01:32 PM
and for monday

smokin3000gt
12-29-2009, 02:21 PM
Only power rankings on the net with f'n commercials! :thmbdown:

markymarc
12-30-2009, 12:22 PM
Good to see the Panthers making it at #16. They have been very impressive the past 2 weeks. Am I too early in saying they have a QB controversy in Carolina?

CPanther95
12-30-2009, 12:45 PM
Good to see the Panthers making it at #16. They have been very impressive the past 2 weeks. Am I too early in saying they have a QB controversy in Carolina?

No, I'd say you're about a week late. :chuckle:

markymarc
12-30-2009, 03:01 PM
No, I'd say you're about a week late. :chuckle:

I could very well be :thumbsup: While I know it's only been 2 games Matt Moore has played extremely well. The Panthers have to really be regretting resigning Jake in the off season.

VinnySteel
12-30-2009, 03:22 PM
I could very well be :thumbsup: While I know it's only been 2 games Matt Moore has played extremely well. The Panthers have to really be regretting resigning Jake in the off season.

Living in NC, I get a fair amount of Panthers news. Moore has started the last 4 games, and won 3 of them. The general consensus around here is that if Jake would have been pulled - I mean "hurt" his finger - about 5 or 6 weeks ago, the Panthers would be in the playoff conversation. Lots of blame is being directed at John Fox, but they continue to deny that he will be let go at the end of the season, and even said that he and his staff are welcome to come back next year!

markymarc
12-30-2009, 03:46 PM
Living in NC, I get a fair amount of Panthers news. Moore has started the last 4 games, and won 3 of them. The general consensus around here is that if Jake would have been pulled - I mean "hurt" his finger - about 5 or 6 weeks ago, the Panthers would be in the playoff conversation. Lots of blame is being directed at John Fox, but they continue to deny that he will be let go at the end of the season, and even said that he and his staff are welcome to come back next year!

My fault and thanks for correcting me on the number of games Matt Moore has started. I don't get the love their FO has with John Fox. He keeps hanging on and I was very surprised that they welcomed him and his staff back next season.

CPanther95
12-30-2009, 07:53 PM
The entire staff is coming back next season. But there was no extension offered (he has only one year left).

markymarc
12-31-2009, 02:01 PM
I get that John Fox only has 1 year remaining on his contract, but to me they are blowing a perfect opportunity to bring in Bill Cowher. Whoever has a head coaching spot vacant will be fighting to get Bill Cowher to join their team since he will be returning in 2010.

The Panthers won't need to rebuild and Cowher would fit in nicely IMO. I truly believe they are wasting a golden opportunity and will end up regretting at least not trying to bring Bill Cowher into town and help them get their franchise back to winning consistently year after year.

By offering to bring back John Fox and the coaching staff they are saying we aren't in the running for Bill Cowher.

CPanther95
12-31-2009, 02:24 PM
I get that John Fox only has 1 year remaining on his contract, but to me they are blowing a perfect opportunity to bring in Bill Cowher. Whoever has a head coaching spot vacant will be fighting to get Bill Cowher to join their team since he will be returning in 2010.

The Panthers won't need to rebuild and Cowher would fit in nicely IMO. I truly believe they are wasting a golden opportunity and will end up regretting at least not trying to bring Bill Cowher into town and help them get their franchise back to winning consistently year after year.

By offering to bring back John Fox and the coaching staff they are saying we aren't in the running for Bill Cowher.

I don't disagree, but they just made the announcement this past week. Doubt Cowher will risk waiting another year. They were just the #2 seed in the NFC last year, and the problem they had in the playoffs is the same problem that screwed them this year (and that problem should be gone) - so perhaps they feel Fox can keep them at the top.

And maybe Jerry Richardson feels that he's too old to wait 15 years for a Championship. :toofunny:

markymarc
12-31-2009, 02:52 PM
And maybe Jerry Richardson feels that he's too old to wait 15 years for a Championship. :toofunny:

LOL. That is pretty funny.