PDA

View Full Version : Jets

StainlessStill
12-28-2009, 06:11 AM
The Jets COMPLETELY!!!!! Lucked out this season. They needed to win their last TWO games to make the playoffs against quality opponents and both of them are going to end up throwing the games and resting their starters! What a way to make it. The Jets completely just sat there ALL season and had this fall right into their lap. I can't remember a team getting THIS lucky and having it this easy to go out there and land a spot. Unreal.

The Bengals or Patriots should beglad, because they are SCARED TO DEATH if we somehow get knocked in. No way they want to see us. . LUCKY!

moja2000
12-28-2009, 07:27 AM
NON OF THESE TEAMS WANT THE FACE STEELERES SO YES- THYE DO NOT CARE

Vis
12-28-2009, 07:40 AM
I'm struggling to see why anyone would be scared to face the Steelers.

X-Terminator
12-28-2009, 07:44 AM

A veteran team that knows how to win in the playoffs and having momentum after 3 straight wins, perhaps? Plus, with Troy possibly back in the lineup, it makes the defense a bit better than they have been, and believe me, that is a major concern for any playoff-bound team. They all may say they don't care who they face and they likely aren't "scared," in that sense...but they definitely would be concerned.

Dino 6 Rings
12-28-2009, 08:25 AM
people, this is the Jets we are talking about...the fact they were gift wrapped a game yesterday doesn't mean they will go out and beat the Bengals next week, even if its the Bengals 3rd stringers...

The Jets organization is Cursed and has been since 1968 when Joe Namath sold his soul to the Devil for one SuperBowl Ring.

Cursed says I, cursed!!!

I'm more focussed on us getting to 9-7 and then if we don't make the playoffs, looking at the games and plays and players that cost us in our 7 losses that lead to us not getting into the tournement.

Like allowing the Chiefs to drive on us for a field goal late, then not scoring with the ball first in OT. Or the fact our QB threw a pick in OT against the Ravens, or our Defense having a melt down in the Raiders game, and Bears game, and Bengals game. Or our OC calling 51 pass plays in sub freezing temperatures against a Browns team that still can't stop the run. Our back up safety always being out of position, or our CBs being 15 games into a season with ZERO interceptions. Our #3 receiver is actually too fast for our QB to hit on deep routes, our lack of RedZone scoring and our constant struggles in picking up short yardage. Our Inside Linebackers missing tackles, our "starting" corner being to short to cover tall receivers and our backup corner being to slow to cover fast receivers.

Those will all be evaluated if we finish 9-7 and don't make the playoffs because we are stuck hoping other teams lose the last week of the season.

Rhee Rhee
12-28-2009, 08:54 AM
A veteran team that knows how to win in the playoffs and having momentum after 3 straight wins, perhaps? Plus, with Troy possibly back in the lineup, it makes the defense a bit better than they have been, and believe me, that is a major concern for any playoff-bound team. They all may say they don't care who they face and they likely aren't "scared," in that sense...but they definitely would be concerned.

amen. people are not scared but they don't wanna be facing an experienced ben roethlisberger led team in january...

and troy possibly coming back will put some concern and maybe a little fear in some teams (especially their o-coordinator)

Fire Haley
12-28-2009, 09:55 AM
I can't remember a team getting THIS lucky and having it this easy to go out there and land a spot. Unreal.

WE were "that lucky team" last year.

This year we lost 5 games by 3 pts.

We lost our luck when Troy got crippled the first game.

StainlessStill
12-28-2009, 10:12 AM
WE were "that lucky team" last year.

This year we lost 5 games by 3 pts.

We lost our luck when Troy got crippled the first game.

I'm not talking about winning or losing close games my man, that's apart of the game of football! I'm talking about getting lucky as far as facing two teams to beat and to make it while those teams rest their starters. It's a gift, a gift that is PERSONALLY wrapped.

pepsyman1
12-28-2009, 10:32 AM
people, this is the Jets we are talking about...the fact they were gift wrapped a game yesterday doesn't mean they will go out and beat the Bengals next week, even if its the Bengals 3rd stringers...

The Jets organization is Cursed and has been since 1968 when Joe Namath sold his soul to the Devil for one SuperBowl Ring.

Cursed says I, cursed!!!

I'm more focussed on us getting to 9-7 and then if we don't make the playoffs, looking at the games and plays and players that cost us in our 7 losses that lead to us not getting into the tournement.

Like allowing the Chiefs to drive on us for a field goal late, then not scoring with the ball first in OT. Or the fact our QB threw a pick in OT against the Ravens, or our Defense having a melt down in the Raiders game, and Bears game, and Bengals game. Or our OC calling 51 pass plays in sub freezing temperatures against a Browns team that still can't stop the run. Our back up safety always being out of position, or our CBs being 15 games into a season with ZERO interceptions. Our #3 receiver is actually too fast for our QB to hit on deep routes, our lack of RedZone scoring and our constant struggles in picking up short yardage. Our Inside Linebackers missing tackles, our "starting" corner being to short to cover tall receivers and our backup corner being to slow to cover fast receivers.

Those will all be evaluated if we finish 9-7 and don't make the playoffs because we are stuck hoping other teams lose the last week of the season.

I think that just about covers everything....lol
:applaudit:

fansince'76
12-28-2009, 10:33 AM

Considering the way the D has played this year, same here.

Fire Haley
12-28-2009, 11:10 AM
I'm not talking about winning or losing close games my man, that's apart of the game of football! I'm talking about getting lucky as far as facing two teams to beat and to make it while those teams rest their starters. It's a gift, a gift that is PERSONALLY wrapped.

It still doesn't matter to me what the Jets do - if the Steelers take care of their business and win ONE game from the Raider's KC or Browns then we're 9-5 and sitting pretty.

I can't wait for the Winter Olympics

Psyychoward86
12-28-2009, 11:15 AM
the bengals better play their damn starters

Nadroj 20
12-28-2009, 11:19 AM

Since they would be playing in the wildcard game the next week maybe they will for longer then we think, to keep them in "rhythm" or something :noidea:

Fire Haley
12-28-2009, 11:24 AM

Why? Bengals clinch the division and Rey breaks his ankle. It's an omen.

They should sit everyone - they lose, they most likely play the same Jets team the following week.

They won the division, they can do whatever they want and if it means laying down and losing to get an easier path in the playoffs, why shouldn't they?

SteelersinCA
12-28-2009, 11:24 AM
How are the Jets lucky when we blew 3 games to the worst teams in the NFL?

Dino 6 Rings
12-28-2009, 11:32 AM
maybe we'll get lucky and the Bengals will play the Jets hard to try and get the Steelers so they can get some revenge on us from when we beat them at home a few years ago and went on to win the superbowl...

of coarse, considering they've never beaten us in the playoffs, I imagine they would rather play the jets.

of coarse they've never beaten the Jets in the playoffs either. In fact, the Bengals have a total of 5 playoff wins in their entire history. The Jets have won a total of 8 Playoff games. So like...they are better.

Perspective. The Steelers have won a Total of 31 Playoff games if you count the 6 Superbowls.

Dino 6 Rings
12-28-2009, 11:36 AM
There is something to be said for being a fan of the Greatest Team in the History of the game.

Just throwing it out there while I think about the Jets...and Bengals...

Triggerfish
12-28-2009, 11:39 AM
There is something to be said for being a fan of the Greatest Team in the History of the game.

Just throwing it out there while I think about the Jets...and Bengals...

Amen brother!!

StainlessStill
12-28-2009, 11:40 AM

First and foremost, we blame nobody but ourselves. Now that that is out of the way, I claimed the Jets are lucky simply because for them to get in, they play teams that are playing their backups! 2 games in a row. I don't think I've ever see it align that way for any team.

Dino 6 Rings
12-28-2009, 11:48 AM
yeah but when the schedule came out...you know the Jets were sweating having to finish against the Colts and Bengals, and especially after the Colts and Bengals got hot this year, that is probably why the Fat Man coach of their's declared "we are out of the playoffs" looking ahead to the Colts then Bengals.

So sure, they are lucky the Colts pulled starters last week, and may get double lucky playing the Bengals with no reason to keep their starters in the game. But they still have to go out and win the game, in the Meadowlands, with a West Coast Rookie QB, in the Middle of the Winter, in the blistering cold of the Evening. And they will have to do it, with the pressure of Lose and go home, or Win and get in.

So like...good luck with that.

tony hipchest
12-28-2009, 11:48 AM
i thought it was weak, spineless, and whiny for jets coach ryan to all but throw in the towel and declare their playoff chances over after their loss last weekend. because of that, they dont deserve a shot.

if the pats win, the bengals know they have nothing to play for. expect to see lots of jordan palmer, as the bungles do not wanna face the steelers for a third time, and can scout their next weeks opponent while showing absolutely nothing.

this will be a warm up for them and will take a miracle for the jets to lose.

Dino 6 Rings
12-28-2009, 11:52 AM
i thought it was weak, spineless, and whiny for jets coach ryan to all but throw in the towel and declare their playoff chances over after their loss last weekend. because of that, they dont deserve a shot.

if the pats win, the bengals know they have nothing to play for. expect to see lots of jordan palmer, as the bungles do not wanna face the steelers for a third time, and can scout their next weeks opponent while showing absolutely nothing.

this will be a warm up for them and will take a miracle for the jets to lose.

actually it just take a Rookie West Coast QB choking in the biggest moment of his young career with all the pressure of a City on his shoulders especially now that the Giants are out. Its a night game, in NJ, in the Swamp lands known as the Meadowlands, with its fake turf and concrete floor, blistering winds and nasty conditions. So like...yeah...its a stretch, but still...its there.

So we just need to do our own thing, get to 9-7, play loose, with nothing to lose cause really, even if we win, there is a lot we need. Go out, shut down the Wildcat, which has given us trouble, break the skull open of the kid from Michigan and beat the Dolphins. Then sit back, watch Oakland and hope for an upset, hope for a Pats win, hope for a Chiefs Win, and then, hope for a Bengals win if we need it.

Whatever happens, it was on us to get to 10 wins, and we failed that mission. Now we need someone else to help us and that's all on us.

Fire Haley
12-28-2009, 11:55 AM
I claimed the Jets are lucky simply because for them to get in, they play teams that are playing their backups! 2 games in a row. I don't think I've ever see it align that way for any team.

Why hate on the Jets?

Relax

Calm down, smoke a bowl, watch the pretty colors.

It's a miracle we're still talking playoffs.

tony hipchest
12-28-2009, 11:59 AM
actually it just take a Rookie West Coast QB choking in the biggest moment of his young career with all the pressure of a City on his shoulders especially now that the Giants are out. Its a night game, in NJ, in the Swamp lands known as the Meadowlands, with its fake turf and concrete floor, blistering winds and nasty conditions. So like...yeah...its a stretch, but still...its there.

.i wont give up hope but when its jordan palmer and chris henry vs sanchez and braylon edwards, my money is on the jets.

bobby jr
12-28-2009, 12:00 PM
If anyone is to blame it's the Colts rather than the Jets. Resting all their players when they had a chance for a perfect season. That is why the Jets won yesterday the Colts handed them the game. Rather the Colts coach Caldwell handed the Jets the game.

It wasn't just Manning they took out it was all their best players. The 2nd string QB didn't have a chance with those subs in there. If the Jets had lost yesterday the Steelers would be in a better position right, maybe in the playoffs. Perhaps the Colts don't care to see the Steelers in the playoffs.

Dino 6 Rings
12-28-2009, 12:03 PM
I don't believe for one moment that the Colts decision to take their starters out had anything to do with "hurting" the Steelers.

It was all about the Fear of 16-0 and the Pressure that brings. They would rather Tank a single game, or two and have home field advantage and be well rested going into their First Game, then have the pressure of the "Undefeated" Season on their shoulders and have to answer those questions all the way up to the point they are illiminated or win it all.

So it has Zero to do with "not wanting to face" this team or that team, and everything to do with being Afraid of History and deciding that it would actually be easier to go for the Super Bowl without a perfect season than going for a Super Bowl with a perfect season.

steelreserve
12-28-2009, 12:04 PM

Well, that in itself is pretty lucky for the Jets. They had no control over whether we screwed up, and it sure helped their playoff chances.

From our own perspective, though, it's not really luck. We just completely screwed the pooch -- I mean, literally f***ed a dog.

Dino 6 Rings
12-28-2009, 12:05 PM
i wont give up hope but when its jordan palmer and chris henry vs sanchez and braylon edwards, my money is on the jets.

Chris Henry? Um...dude....I'm pretty sure he won't be playing this Sunday for the Bengals...

fansince'76
12-28-2009, 12:05 PM
If anyone is to blame it's the Colts rather than the Jets. .

The Steelers lost to the Chiefs, Raiders, and Browns. The Steelers are to blame, nobody else.

Dino 6 Rings
12-28-2009, 12:06 PM
The Steelers lost to the Chiefs, Raiders, and Browns. The Steelers are to blame, nobody else.

and the Bears, and the Bengals twice...

Triggerfish
12-28-2009, 12:07 PM
I don't believe for one moment that the Colts decision to take their starters out had anything to do with "hurting" the Steelers.

It was all about the Fear of 16-0 and the Pressure that brings. They would rather Tank a single game, or two and have home field advantage and be well rested going into their First Game, then have the pressure of the "Undefeated" Season on their shoulders and have to answer those questions all the way up to the point they are illiminated or win it all.

So it has Zero to do with "not wanting to face" this team or that team, and everything to do with being Afraid of History and deciding that it would actually be easier to go for the Super Bowl without a perfect season than going for a Super Bowl with a perfect season.

I agree. Besides, they didn't wanna be the Pats of a few years ago and crumble in the BIG game, which effectively makes all the hype surrounding the "perfect season" mean nothing.

fansince'76
12-28-2009, 12:08 PM
and the Bears, and the Bengals twice...

If we beat the 3 bottom feeders I just mentioned by 3 TDs+ a piece like we should have, we are 11-4 and on top of the AFCN right now.

tony hipchest
12-28-2009, 12:09 PM
Chris Henry? Um...dude....I'm pretty sure he won't be playing this Sunday for the Bengals...point being the bungles will be looking to play all the back up stiffs they can in this game.

fansince'76
12-28-2009, 12:10 PM
I agree. Besides, they didn't wanna be the Pats of a few years ago and crumble in the BIG game, which effectively makes all the hype surrounding the "perfect season" mean nothing.

Yeah, but taking their foot off the gas too early has bitten them in the ass before. Namely, back in '05.

Dino 6 Rings
point being the bungles will be looking to play all the back up stiffs they can in this game.

OMFG!!! That's So Wrong!!!

You actually made me spit my coffee out with that one!

:toofunny:

tony hipchest
If we beat the 3 bottom feeders I just mentioned by 3 TDs+ a piece like we should have, we are 11-4 and on top of the AFCN right now.people probably thought i was crazy when i called the week 3 game against the bungles a playoff game. (at that point it was the difference between 2-1 and 1-2)

steelreserve
12-28-2009, 12:13 PM
First and foremost, we blame nobody but ourselves. Now that that is out of the way, I claimed the Jets are lucky simply because for them to get in, they play teams that are playing their backups! 2 games in a row. I don't think I've ever see it align that way for any team.

Also, I'm not disagreeing with you, but I did feel the need to update your sig for accuracy:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f370/capt_taco/go-patriots.gif

steelreserve
12-28-2009, 12:15 PM

Regardless of why, I have to say this is the first time I can definitively see I've seen a pro team ACTUALLY tank a game on purpose. Sure, there are some pretty lackluster efforts toward the end of any given season, but the Colts were in a special class last night.

Triggerfish
12-28-2009, 12:17 PM
Yeah, but taking their foot off the gas too early has bitten them in the ass before. Namely, back in '05.

Oh, I completely agree. I didn't say it was the RIGHT decision, only WHY the decision was made. It had nothing to do with screwing the Steelers and everything to do with fear of the added pressure that a "perfect season" would add in the playoffs. If it were MY team, the starters woulda been on the field the entire game (unless we had a significant lead).

TackleMeBen
12-28-2009, 12:31 PM
i think the call came down from polian to pull the starters. i mean he came out in week 12 and said if they had the division and home field wrapped up they were going to sit starters..i hate the jets..... errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... last nights game really peed me off as a football fan.

bobby jr
12-28-2009, 01:10 PM
Well we will never know for sure exactly why the Colts pulled all their starters, but I think it would be naive to think their is no possibility that the Colts brass didn't consider what potential playoff matchups would be, in the event that they won or lost that game yesterday.

Sure it's the Steelers own fault if they don't make it losing to teams like Kansas City and Oakland. But yesterday's Colts Jets game left a bad taste in my mouth.

If a major league baseball team is out of the race and they are playing a team which might make the playoffs the last day, the team which is out of the race will start their best players and not worry about injury. Even though there is the remote possiblity their starting pitcher would have a career ending injury.

The Colts lying down against the Jets was an insult not only to NFL history (chance for an unbeaten season) but it was also an insult to the other teams fighting for the playoffs who are hurt by a Jets win. It was unfair to the Steelers, Ravens, Jacksonville, Houston, and Miami.

Letting the playoffs be decided by who is lucky enough the last two weeks to play a team which has clinched, and therefore resting their starters...there has got to be a better way. Perhaps a new rule saying a team which loses their last two games also loses their home playoff advantage, that might be a possible solution.

tony hipchest
12-28-2009, 01:30 PM
in all reality, the colts are scared shitless of p. manning getting hurt.

that is why the starters were pulled.

what gets me is him and brett favre are the iron men at their position and have never missed a game due to injury. to start playing scared now will only hurt them (figuratively) in the near future.

Triggerfish
12-28-2009, 02:25 PM
Well we will never know for sure exactly why the Colts pulled all their starters, but I think it would be naive to think their is no possibility that the Colts brass didn't consider what potential playoff matchups would be, in the event that they won or lost that game yesterday.

Sure it's the Steelers own fault if they don't make it losing to teams like Kansas City and Oakland. But yesterday's Colts Jets game left a bad taste in my mouth.

If a major league baseball team is out of the race and they are playing a team which might make the playoffs the last day, the team which is out of the race will start their best players and not worry about injury. Even though there is the remote possiblity their starting pitcher would have a career ending injury.

The Colts lying down against the Jets was an insult not only to NFL history (chance for an unbeaten season) but it was also an insult to the other teams fighting for the playoffs who are hurt by a Jets win. It was unfair to the Steelers, Ravens, Jacksonville, Houston, and Miami.

Letting the playoffs be decided by who is lucky enough the last two weeks to play a team which has clinched, and therefore resting their starters...there has got to be a better way. Perhaps a new rule saying a team which loses their last two games also loses their home playoff advantage, that might be a possible solution.

I agree with a lot of this, but Indy would have no reason to be overly concerned with Pittsburgh, as they would have to get through the Pats in Foxboro before there was a chance of meeting them in the playoffs.

the MLB reference is okay, but you're comparing apples to oranges. While baseball players do get injured, it's not the same type of game at all. Football is much more physical and is a contact sport (sometimes violent contact).

It sucks that Indy benched their starters, and I hate it as much as you. BUT, it IS their organization, and they have the right to run it as they see fit. It sucks for the sport 's history (perfect season) and for the teams who are not in control of their destiny for a playoff spot, and I hated the decision too for many reasons. But...there's no way the NFL will ever pass a rule like the one you mentioned. You can't PUNISH a successful football team with a good record for losing two games at the end of the season. There are many instances where that might happen, but not because the starters were'nt on the field. Look at New Orleans.....they're on a 2 game skid right now, and it has nothing to do with playoff strategy.

steelreserve
12-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Letting the playoffs be decided by who is lucky enough the last two weeks to play a team which has clinched, and therefore resting their starters...there has got to be a better way.

There is a better way -- us not losing five games in a row to shitty teams.

The bottom line is, as much as Indy's tank job sucks, we're the ones who put ourselves in this position. It's not like we went 12-4 and this is all just bad luck. If you're counting on 4 other games going your way in order to make the postseason, you did not do everything you could.

Having said that, Indy sucks a fat dick anyway for tanking a game like that, and I do not have any respect for them. But that's really not a change from normal.

Dino 6 Rings
12-28-2009, 03:49 PM
looking foward to being the 6th seed. It'll be great to see these woosies in a couple weeks and yell, Remember us...the team you tried to screw by tanking to the Jets???

LOL

plenewken
12-28-2009, 04:37 PM
in all reality, the colts are scared shitless of p. manning getting hurt.

that is why the starters were pulled.

what gets me is him and brett favre are the iron men at their position and have never missed a game due to injury. to start playing scared now will only hurt them (figuratively) in the near future.

If they were scared of Manning and the starters being injured, they wouldn't have let them play 1/2 the game.

I hope these pr*cks lose in the AFC divisional playoff. Wouldn't be the first time it happens, by the way.

GodofGridiron
12-28-2009, 06:17 PM
Just think....we are one injured tendon and a few big 4th qtr closeout plays from being 15-0 or 14-1 right now. Damn...what a difference one injury makes.

CPanther95
12-28-2009, 06:34 PM
Just think....we are one injured tendon and a few big 4th qtr closeout plays from being 15-0 or 14-1 right now. Damn...what a difference one injury makes.

We just need the injured tendon - on Carson Palmer - and we'd be a 3 or 4 seed right now.

markymarc
12-29-2009, 09:55 AM
I just think it would be hilarious if the Colts would happen to go on and win Super Bowl XLIV. The media would be all over Caldwell and the Colts organization for blowing a perfect opportunity. To me that would be the ultimate payback.

Shoes
12-29-2009, 10:03 AM
We don't need to wish ill will on other teams and players because our team decided to take time off from playing football this season. Some of you sound like your under the age of 10!

Triggerfish
12-29-2009, 10:03 AM
I just think it would be hilarious if the Colts would happen to go on and win Super Bowl XLIV. The media would be all over Caldwell and the Colts organization for blowing a perfect opportunity. To me that would be the ultimate payback.

He's screwed either way now. The media will make a circus out of it regardless. If they win, they'll be screaming for his head for not going for the perfect season. If they lose, they'll be all over him because in their eyes the only somewhat defendable reason for resting your players in their situation was to keep your guys healthy for a SB win (and they couldn't even accomplish that!). Not to mention, they'll blame him for putting the added pressure of bringing home another Lombardi on Peyton's shoulder's, since that would be the only logical reason to bench him instead of going for perfection. Hahaha. They'll find a way to crucify him, and I'm just fine with that. Damn Colts. We'd be sitting a lot prettier right now if they wouldn't have rolled over!

CargoJon
12-29-2009, 10:04 AM
Reminds me of 2006 when the Colts had HFA wrapped up, and they played Sorgi and the JV team against the Titans and Vince Young. The Titans won, getting them into the playoffs and keeping a much-more-deserving 10-6 Cleveland Browns team home.

I also think this led to much of the overblown hype regarding Vince Young that year....

markymarc
12-29-2009, 11:54 AM
He's screwed either way now. The media will make a circus out of it regardless. If they win, they'll be screaming for his head for not going for the perfect season. If they lose, they'll be all over him because in their eyes the only somewhat defendable reason for resting your players in their situation was to keep your guys healthy for a SB win (and they couldn't even accomplish that!). Not to mention, they'll blame him for putting the added pressure of bringing home another Lombardi on Peyton's shoulder's, since that would be the only logical reason to bench him instead of going for perfection. Hahaha. They'll find a way to crucify him, and I'm just fine with that. Damn Colts. We'd be sitting a lot prettier right now if they wouldn't have rolled over!

I do agree with you in that this will end up being one of the most criticized decisions ever made by an NFL head coach. I will be happy either way. In the end, the Steelers can only blame themselves for having to rely on other teams to help their playoff chances.

BrandonCarr39
12-29-2009, 12:09 PM
Reminds me of 2006 when the Colts had HFA wrapped up, and they played Sorgi and the JV team against the Titans and Vince Young. The Titans won, getting them into the playoffs and keeping a much-more-deserving 10-6 Cleveland Browns team home.

I also think this led to much of the overblown hype regarding Vince Young that year....

Those Colts/Titans games over the years have had unpredictable outcomes - even if the Colts had played to full strength, the Titans could have very well won.

The Colts have had barnburners against their AFCS rivals as well - alot of the Jags games have been close, and even the Texans games as well.

DaronQB
12-29-2009, 12:28 PM
and Jets are favored -10 against the bengals :-(

jokerman
12-29-2009, 08:46 PM
if the steelers somehow make it in.....then they get to start all over. they get to make it up for those 3 humiliating losses and that my friend, is why pittsburgh is a VERY dangerous team.

BrandonCarr39
12-29-2009, 09:27 PM
if the steelers somehow make it in.....then they get to start all over. they get to make it up for those 3 humiliating losses and that my friend, is why pittsburgh is a VERY dangerous team.

This year, the playing field in both conferences is EVEN - with one exception though, I think the Vikings are done b/c their D has finally gotten exposed, and Favre has created a rift in that Vikings locker room. They will be one and done against whoever they play.

Fire Haley
12-29-2009, 09:28 PM
and Jets are favored -10 against the bengals :-(

Jordan Palmer doen't have many friends in Vegas.

Dino 6 Rings
12-30-2009, 10:09 AM
Jets - 10

Sounds like the perfect choke opportunity for that Cursed Franchise!!!

markymarc
12-30-2009, 12:37 PM
I think the Vikings are done b/c their D has finally gotten exposed, and Favre has created a rift in that Vikings locker room. They will be one and done against whoever they play.

I totally agree about the Vikings. It's going to be fun watching them totally crash and burn since Childress and Favre had their falling out.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-30-2009, 12:59 PM
This year, the playing field in both conferences is EVEN - with one exception though, I think the Vikings are done b/c their D has finally gotten exposed, and Favre has created a rift in that Vikings locker room. They will be one and done against whoever they play.

I love the fact that Favre has again created drama and probably starting to divide a locker room.

Can't wait until this offseason when he shows the Vikings fans what he put the Packer fans and Jet fans thru the past 4 offseasons. I can already hear the ...."we havent decided if I am going to play again next year or not."

I love the Favre legacy he is creating.....its too comical. :popcorn:

PineappleJetsFan
12-30-2009, 01:17 PM
I love the fact that Favre has again created drama and probably starting to divide a locker room.

Can't wait until this offseason when he shows the Vikings fans what he put the Packer fans and Jet fans thru the past 4 offseasons. I can already hear the ...."we havent decided if I am going to play again next year or not."

I love the Favre legacy he is creating.....its too comical. :popcorn:

http://scottandholman.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/favre-drama-queen.jpg

Venom
12-30-2009, 02:02 PM
If the Jets make it , yes they got lucky. But what do you say about our Steelers ??? We will lose to KC , Oakland and Cleveland ( not to mention twice to the Bengals ) and we still can make it in on our last game ? Remember the game against the Browns when that was our do or die game . Look how we showed up at that game on national television. Nevertheless , I hope and pray we do make it to the playoffs.

birdflyhigh
12-30-2009, 02:39 PM
The Jets are what PIttsburgh once was, a great rushing offense and the best Defense in football.

birdflyhigh
12-30-2009, 02:42 PM
Pittsburgh looks old and disinterested, with a lot of in-fighting. Bloated Ben and Heinzzzy.

fansince'76
12-30-2009, 02:46 PM
The Jets are what PIttsburgh once was, a great rushing offense and the best Defense in football.

And are 8-7, just like the Steelers. :coffee:

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-30-2009, 03:15 PM

Silly Jets fans see 8-7 as a proof that they are good....Steelers fans see 8-7 as proof that we need to get better.

How cute.
:rofl::rofl:

birdflyhigh
12-30-2009, 03:23 PM
Jets fans are a bunch of losers, they always find a way to lose. I just wish we never let Fanaca go, look how we can't run and the Jets led football in rushing. I get sick watching Fanaca make another Pro Bowl, and Big Benjamin has to pass on every down.

fansince'76
12-30-2009, 03:27 PM
Jets fans are a bunch of losers, they always find a way to lose. I just wish we never let Fanaca go, look how we can't run and the Jets led football in rushing. I get sick watching Fanaca make another Pro Bowl, and Big Benjamin has to pass on every down.

Faneca made another Pro Bowl on his name, just like he did the last 2 seasons he was here. See the "Pro Bowl is a joke and nothing but a popularity contest" thread. The Jets run so much because they are playing a rook QB who has thrown a ton of picks more than anything else, but keep thumping your chest and trying to belittle a team who has an identical record to yours like an idiot troll. :coffee:

birdflyhigh
12-30-2009, 03:33 PM
Yea, I guess your right. It is a popularity contest. That idiot Revis made it. Damn those Jets jumping us for that pick. Hope they lose big

fansince'76
12-30-2009, 03:36 PM
Fun's over, ass.

steelerchad
12-30-2009, 04:03 PM
Pittsburgh looks old and disinterested, with a lot of in-fighting. Bloated Ben and Heinzzzy.

This is what's funny about most other NFL fans. They're happy as hell to be 8-7 and in the hunt for a playoff spot. The Steelers have a season this bad 2 or 3 times a decade and teams like the Jets and Bengals have a season this good 2 or 3 times a decade.

Honestly when was the last time we weren't in the playoff hunt the last week of the season. I believe it was 2003. Hell we've been to more AFC Championships than the Jets or Bengals have had playoff appearances put together.

smokin3000gt
12-30-2009, 06:48 PM
If there is one team not afraid of us in the post season, it's NE*.

I figured that's why NE* was playing their starters. Tommy boy is licking his chops for a chance at our secondary especially w. gay.

Glace
12-30-2009, 06:53 PM
http://scottandholman.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/favre-drama-queen.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
:applaudit:

Dino 6 Rings
12-31-2009, 08:58 AM
Yea, I guess your right. It is a popularity contest. That idiot Revis made it. Damn those Jets jumping us for that pick. Hope they lose big

Revis is a freaking awesome Corner you Twit!

Jets are a Cursed Franchise that will NEVER win the Super Bowl for as long as Joe Namath is alive. He sold his soul to the Devil for One Win in the SB in SB III and since then the Jets have done nothing but choke on it like Mamma Cass on a chicken bone. (urban legend I know but still funny)

How many total Playoff Games have the Jets won in their Franchise History again? Oh Right 8...8 Total playoff wins in the History of their organization. Freaking JOKE of at team that has spent the last 30 years or so playing their Home Games in GIANTS STADIUM in New Jersey!!!

Pathetic excuse of an organization, chokers that do nothing but waste talent year after year.

PineappleJetsFan
12-31-2009, 11:59 AM
Revis is a freaking awesome Corner you Twit!

Jets are a Cursed Franchise that will NEVER win the Super Bowl for as long as Joe Namath is alive. He sold his soul to the Devil for One Win in the SB in SB III and since then the Jets have done nothing but choke on it like Mamma Cass on a chicken bone. (urban legend I know but still funny)

How many total Playoff Games have the Jets won in their Franchise History again? Oh Right 8...8 Total playoff wins in the History of their organization. Freaking JOKE of at team that has spent the last 30 years or so playing their Home Games in GIANTS STADIUM in New Jersey!!!

Pathetic excuse of an organization, chokers that do nothing but waste talent year after year.

O.K. Here's why you are wrong and way off base on these comments.
Can't think of anything right now. Have to come back to you on this.

GoSlash27
12-31-2009, 12:06 PM
I'd like to propose adopting Pineapple as an honorary Steeler fan. He's taken a lot of undeserved crap.

Psyychoward86
12-31-2009, 12:14 PM

Revis has shutdown Andre Johnson, Randy Moss, Marques Colston, Terrel Owens, Torry Holt, Steve Smith, Antonio Bryant, Roddy White, and Reggie Wayne.

He's probably better than Nnamdi Asomugha. Give the guy his props.

stillers4me
12-31-2009, 12:16 PM
I'd like to propose adopting Pineapple as an honorary Steeler fan. He's taken a lot of undeserved crap.

I second that motion! And if his team gets in the playoffs. I'm rooting for them to win it all! :tt03:

Besides the fact that we lost to some really, really bad teams this year, we beat some very good ones. That makes us unpredictable and dangerous. None of them overlook the Big Ben factor.

GoSlash27
12-31-2009, 02:27 PM
I second that motion! And if his team gets in the playoffs. I'm rooting for them to win it all!
I'll be rooting for the Packers in that situation. If we can't have the Lombardi this year, it'd be nice to see it go home.

wardisgreat
12-31-2009, 06:06 PM
How can you root for the Jets, their cursed. They don't deserve to get in.
But now with that great running game, and awesome defense, and a cold late winter night game, they can't help but beat up on the Bengals

tony hipchest
12-31-2009, 07:13 PM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/youathingofthepastiya5.jpg

bobby jr
01-02-2010, 09:57 PM
How can you root for the Jets, their cursed. They don't deserve to get in.
But now with that great running game, and awesome defense, and a cold late winter night game, they can't help but beat up on the Bengals

Yeah ever since Willie Joe Namath beat my beloved Baltimore Colts in '69, the Jets have gone nowhere. Is it true he sold his team's soul for that win? The Namath curse?

Or perhaps was there a fix on, as Bubba Smith later alleged. I still remember Jimmy Orr wide open in the end zone, waving desperately for the ball, and not being thrown to......instead the ball goes to the other side of the end zone where it was intercepted..Don Shula saying "what is going on out there."