PDA

View Full Version : Redundant Thoughts Week 16 – Ravens

redundantman
12-28-2009, 08:14 AM
1. I tuned in as Farrior makes his interception. If Farrior had some wheels he would have had a pick 6.

2. And if Mendenhall had some hands he would have had 6 himself. Instead the Steelers settle for 3 from their beloved kicker.

3. In the 1st quarter we got to see Ben escape a “sure sack” and end up throwing a wounded duck to Wallace which results in a first down. Besides being quintessential Ben I enjoy those types of plays because I know that it drives Ravens fans nuts when he does that to them.
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p375/Riggo44hof/CryingRavensFan.jpg

4. At the end of 1st quarter I was thinking: You know, the Steelers look ready to play. Not world beaters necessarily but at least ready to play.

5. Of course, the Ravens were not looking all that great were they? An interception from Flacco, a bad punt, a long runback allowed on special teams … maybe the Steelers look normal and the Ravens were showing signs of a pending collapse.

6. In the 2nd quarter on a pass deep in Ravens territory Ward drew a flag for Pass Interference … smiling the whole way. I enjoy seeing Ward do that because besides being quintessential Ward … it also drives Ravens fans nuts.
http://i10.tinypic.com/451fz9z.gif

7. Great catch by Heap … too bad the Steelers didn’t challenge it.

8. Mendenhall puts the ball on the ground. Recovered by Ray Lewis. Mendenhall is a bum.

9. Ray Rice coughs it up on the next play. Recovered by Ike “Hands Team” Taylor. All is forgiven.

10. I wonder why Bryant Gumbel doesn’t call games anymore?
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jjxmR7ngTmA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jjxmR7ngTmA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

11. I saw Heath Miller drop another pass … I think that makes two for this year.

12. The Mike Wallace vs Mike Wallace graphic. You know you were all thinking it … it took a special talent to bring it to fruition. It takes a convenient crack pipe to actually utilize it during air time.

13. The commercial breaks were constantly reminding us that it’s that most wonderful time of the year … Hollywood Awards Show Season!

14. 2nd quarter : 1st and 10 from their own 6 … 1 crappy screen that was going nowhere and almost intercepted by Suggs, followed by a deep handoff that goes nowhere … Mike Wallace and Ben bail Arians out there. And good job by Wallace not getting stripped by the Ravens defender.

15. Wallace deserves his own thought. He put up a big game when the Steelers needed him to. Now he just needs to get a real haircut.

16. Ben is over 4000 yards passing for the year. 1st time in team history there are three receivers with over 70 catches each.

17. That referee has the slowest call cadence I’ve heard in a while. That’s one way to increase your airtime without changing your name to mangled Spanish.
http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii331/refyousuck/chad-johnson-763568.jpg

18. In the 2nd quarter when it was third and 12 deep in our end … did you see that TD drive happening?

19. Then comes the 3rd quarter … best not to mention it. Thinking about the third quarter makes me cry.

20. I saw a sign on the wall of the stands that read “Steel Curtain II” … what team were they watching this year?

21. Heap got 2 TDs … first time it was over Townsend and the 2nd time it was over Gay.

22. Fouts and Enberg were getting on my nerves toward the end of the game there.

23. Nick Eason appears to be the Steelers new Special Team secret weapon.

24. Did you hear Fouts say: “that’s the second time the Raiders sacked Flacco …” No wonder the Ravens lost if they had to play both the Raiders and the Steelers.

25. I wasn’t supposed to mention it but … 22 Ravens plays to 4 for the Steelers in the 3rd quarter?

26. 4th quarter: Mason drops a SURE TD! This sets off a bizarre series that sees the Ravens back up over 20 yards to knock themselves out of field goal range including penalties negating two (or was it three) Ravens TD in the process. Clearly this was a turning point in the game. The Ravens begin imploding.

27. The Ravens are playing the run much better than the Steelers. Of course that’s not saying much is it?

28. What’s the opposite of a false start?

29. Tyler Grisham gets his first catch as a Steeler.

30. Tyler Grisham drops an important 3rd down pass.

31. Steelers finally go up 23-20. How many of you were resting easy knowing that they’d cover that kickoff properly?

32. I like watching the Steelers beat the Ravens better than any other team. Even the Patriots. All things considered the Steelers enter Week 17 with a puncher’s chance of making the playoffs … and that’s a good thing. The playoff scenario thread will rage on this week … but for me: I’m just going to enjoy the inevitable “The refs gave the game to the Steelers” WHARRGARBL on the Ravens message board and see what happens.
http://ryanensminger.com/gallery/d/3187-1/whargarbl.jpg

stlrtruck
12-28-2009, 09:42 AM
I love it man.

I hope you have a chance to continue these threads well into January and February.

Dino 6 Rings
12-28-2009, 09:50 AM
23. Nick Eason appears to be the Steelers new Special Team secret weapon. (LMAO!!! I noticed that too)

25. I wasn’t supposed to mention it but … 22 Ravens plays to 4 for the Steelers in the 3rd quarter? (4 plays for an entire Qrt yet the Defense had enough gas in the tank late in the 4th to actually make a play. Amazing)

redundantman
12-28-2009, 09:58 AM
I love it man.

I hope you have a chance to continue these threads well into January and February.
Here's hoping that we all have to get into playoff form for the entire month of January.

redundantman
12-28-2009, 09:58 AM
23. Nick Eason appears to be the Steelers new Special Team secret weapon. (LMAO!!! I noticed that too)

25. I wasn’t supposed to mention it but … 22 Ravens plays to 4 for the Steelers in the 3rd quarter? (4 plays for an entire Qrt yet the Defense had enough gas in the tank late in the 4th to actually make a play. Amazing)
Great point. The D had to be exhausted. They must have been reaching deep.

43Hitman
12-28-2009, 10:34 AM
20. I saw a sign on the wall of the stands that read “Steel Curtain II” … what team were they watching this year?

I saw that as well...It made me laugh.:sofunny:

markymarc
12-28-2009, 01:09 PM
12. The Mike Wallace vs Mike Wallace graphic. You know you were all thinking it … it took a special talent to bring it to fruition. It takes a convenient crack pipe to actually utilize it during air time.

32. but for me: I’m just going to enjoy the inevitable “The refs gave the game to the Steelers” WHARRGARBL on the Ravens message board and see what happens.

Another great post redundantman. CBS was obviously very desperate to actually air the whole Mike Wallace compared to Mike Wallace piece. I couldn't stop laughing when I saw that Steel Curtain II sign. That takes some nerve to bring a sign like that to Heinz Field after our defensive struggles in 2009.

And no doubt will most of the Ravens players, coaches and fans be talking about officiating this week. But hey these things happen when you are undisciplined and the 2nd most penalized team in the entire NFL. If you don't want to talk about the officials then don't commit the penalties.

tony hipchest
12-28-2009, 01:36 PM
9. Ray Rice coughs it up on the next play. Recovered by Ike “Hands Team” Taylor. All is forgiven.

:chuckle:

11. I saw Heath Miller drop another pass … I think that makes two for this year.

and a total of 5 for his career. ive been counting.

21. Heap got 2 TDs … first time it was over Townsend and the 2nd time it was over Gay.

i remember in the 2003 draft, trading up for troy was kind of a head scratcher for some. the logic behind the move was the steelers were tired of constantly getting beat by the likes of heap and wycheck within their division.

tony hipchest
12-28-2009, 01:46 PM
anyone suprised ben didnt suffer a dislocated shoulder diving for mendenhalls fumble?

SH-Rock
12-28-2009, 01:52 PM
Looking through Heath's stats he only 2 fumbles in his entire career and only lost 1. He's playing best season this year with 71 receptions for 733 yards.I'm just saying

steelcity1974
12-28-2009, 04:21 PM
- Anyone hear Keith Oberman say the Ravens should have score 80 points? Two of the missed opportunities came on the same drive (the holding and dropped catch). And quite frankly, I think the INT that got called back for illegal block screwed US out of points because it was pass interference. But who's complaining?

- Why didn't Tomlin challenge the fumble by Mason?

- Why did Tomlin call time out with 2:30 (+/-) left when the Ravens only had 1 TO left?

JEFF4i
12-28-2009, 04:42 PM
The final picture completes the post perfectly. lol

JoeCool5
12-28-2009, 04:45 PM
1. The Steelers and the Ravens are very even talent wise
2. On December 27, 2009, the Baltimore Ravens defeated the Baltimore Ravens 23-20.

Does anyone else agree that this year's Ravens-Steelers rivalry didn't have the same feel with all the injuries?
Ravens that missed game(s) vs. Steelers: Reed, Suggs, Webb, Gooden, Gaither
Steelers that missed game(s) vs. Ravens: Roethlisberger, Polamalu, Kemoeatu

Hopefully next year's games are a little less sloppy and with teams at full health. (Although I'm sure you guys love seeing Walker and Carr on the field!!!)

Angus Burgher
12-28-2009, 04:48 PM
2. On December 27, 2009, the Baltimore Ravens defeated the Baltimore Ravens 23-20.

Does anyone else agree that this year's Ravens-Steelers rivalry didn't have the same feel with all the injuries?

Hopefully next year's games are a little less sloppy and with teams at full health. (Although I'm sure you guys love seeing Walker and Carr on the field!!!)

Yeah, I definitely feel this way. It felt like the rivalry that should have been epic this year (considering what happened last year) was kind of downplayed overall due to so many guys getting hurt. That's the real reason, I think, that the Bungles have been able to do well. They've capitalized on a weak season for the two (usually) better teams in the division.

Hopefully next year, both teams will be at full strength and it will be blast from the hard-hitting past.

redundantman
12-29-2009, 07:28 AM
The final picture completes the post perfectly. lol

http://kairosnews.org/files/internetargumentev0.jpg

redundantman
12-29-2009, 07:37 AM
I admire opposing team fans that post on Steelers forums so thank you for doing so. But I take exception to this idea that "the Steelers didn't win as much as the Ravens lost". I agree that the Steelers did not dominate the Ravens in this game but if you are going to rob the 4th quarter of its importance from a Steelers standpoint then I insist that you be consistent and beg off any plaudits for the Ravens 3rd quarter performance.

From my standpoint the Steelers weathered a difficult storm in the 3rd quarter, maintained their composure and still had some gas in the tank to make a couple of defensive plays in the 4th. The Ravens implosion has to be at least partly attributable to the Steelers not blinking.

It is for this reason that the Bengals will fail in the playoffs: they, unlike the Steelers, do not know how to win.

Can't argue with that point. Thanks for the post.

pghfrank1948
12-29-2009, 08:42 AM
Anytime the Steelers can send the Thugs from Baltimore home with their tails between their legs, and the Chief thug Ray, Ray crying I dont care how they do it. But your breakdown of the game is awesome!!!

steelerchad
12-29-2009, 09:27 AM

Smith was a big loss for us in both Ravens games.