PDA

View Full Version : Underclassmen

Texasteel
12-28-2009, 10:10 AM
Here is a list I found of the underclassmen that have declared so far.

QB

Sam Bradford / Oklahoma
Jimmy Clausen / N.D.

RB

Ryan Mathews / Fresno St.

WR

Aurelius Benn / Illinois
Desmond Roscoe / Kansas
Dz Bryant / Oklahoma
Golden Tate / N.D.
Mike Williams / Syracuse
Damian Williams / USC

O-Line

Bruce Campbell / Maryland
Anthony Davis / Rutgers

D-Line

Ever son Griffin / USC
Ale Groom / West Illinois
Gerald McCoy / Oklahoma

DB

Donovan Warren / Michigan.

There will be many more.
Help me keep this list updated

Texasteel
01-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Here is a list I found of the underclassmen that have declared so far.

QB

Sam Bradford / Oklahoma
Jimmy Clausen / N.D.

RB

Jahvod Best / Cal..
Ryan Mathews / Fresno St.

WR

Aaron Henderson / Florida TE
Aurelius Benn / Illinois
Desmond Roscoe / Kansas
Dez Bryant / Oklahoma
Golden Tate / N.D.
Mike Williams / Syracuse

O-Line

Bryan Bulaga / Iowa
Anthony Davis / Rutgers

D-Line

Jason Pierre-Paul / South Florida
Brian Price / UCLA
Ever son Griffin / USC
Ale Koroma / West Illinois
Gerald McCoy / Oklahoma

LB

Navorro Bowman / Penn. St.
Thaddeus Gibson / Ohio St.

DB

Eric Berry / Tenn. S
Joe Haden / Forida CB
Dominique Franks / Olka. CB
Reshad Jones / Georga S
Donovan Warren / Michigan. CB

Some very interestin additions.

revefsreleets
01-07-2010, 12:22 PM
Thad Gibson declared for the Bucks. He projects as a 3-4 OLB (6'2 240). Late 2nd, early 3rd, he'd be a project for the Steelers.

Chekwa and Heyward are staying for their Senior years.

MDSteel15
01-07-2010, 01:07 PM
These are the only ones I'd want in much needed positions!

Anthony Davis / Rutgers
Eric Berry / Tenn. S
Joe Haden / Forida CB

Maybe Best later in early 3rd round.....

Texasteel
01-07-2010, 03:48 PM
These are the only ones I'd want in much needed positions!

Anthony Davis / Rutgers
Eric Berry / Tenn. S
Joe Haden / Forida CB

Maybe Best later in early 3rd round.....

Let me be clear. I am an Iowa Homer, but did you see the Orange Bowl? Bulage man handled an extreamly good DE in that game. He looked like he has atleast most of his strength back. I hope he can win some of you over at the combines.

revefsreleets
01-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Let me be clear. I am an Iowa Homer, but did you see the Orange Bowl? Bulage man handled an extreamly good DE in that game. He looked like he has atleast most of his strength back. I hope he can win some of you over at the combines.

I'd have no problem if the Steelers drafted him. I don't care about the combine at all, but I'll definitely watch him in his respective all-star game.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-07-2010, 05:39 PM

so Bulaga declared??? Interesting to see if he plays in the East-West shrine game as he wont play in the Sr. Bowl. I watched him a lot in the Orange Bowl and Derrick Morgan got under him several times and pushed him into the pocket. Bulaga got called for holding outside the frame once and could hve been called a couple more times.

My big concern with Bulaga was to see if he could handle speed rushers as he looked slower when I saw him earlier in the year. I know he was injured, but I think we might see some questions if he can really play LT at the next level. Something tells me that Okung, Williams, Campbell, Brown and Davis will rank ahead of him. Might be a better technical version of Gosder Cherilus destined for RT.

Texasteel
01-07-2010, 09:57 PM
so Bulaga declared??? Interesting to see if he plays in the East-West shrine game as he wont play in the Sr. Bowl. I watched him a lot in the Orange Bowl and Derrick Morgan got under him several times and pushed him into the pocket. Bulaga got called for holding outside the frame once and could hve been called a couple more times.

My big concern with Bulaga was to see if he could handle speed rushers as he looked slower when I saw him earlier in the year. I know he was injured, but I think we might see some questions if he can really play LT at the next level. Something tells me that Okung, Williams, Campbell, Brown and Davis will rank ahead of him. Might be a better technical version of Gosder Cherilus destined for RT.

Morgan, who I have see some say is one of the best DE in this years draft did get into the backfield 4 or 5 times, but did minimal damage, I also thought he was controlled for most of the game. I can't agree with your opinion that Balaga is slow, and we really will not know if any of these guys can handle an NFL speed rush till next year.

You may be right about Bulaga's ranking, but I watched Cherilus very closely two years ago, and IMO he was not even close to Bulaga.

But like I said, I was watching through the eyes of a Hawkeye fan, and I do value your opinion a great deal.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-08-2010, 01:18 AM
Morgan, who I have see some say is one of the best DE in this years draft did get into the backfield 4 or 5 times, but did minimal damage, I also thought he was controlled for most of the game. I can't agree with your opinion that Balaga is slow, and we really will not know if any of these guys can handle an NFL speed rush till next year.

You may be right about Bulaga's ranking, but I watched Cherilus very closely two years ago, and IMO he was not even close to Bulaga.

But like I said, I was watching through the eyes of a Hawkeye fan, and I do value your opinion a great deal.

I dont think his feet are as heavy as Cherilus, but he isnt as agile as I would like to see from a guy that is touted as a LT prospect. The fact that he didnt set well and did get bull rushed (on skates) a few times raised some questions too. He may be a guy with tools that just needs refining technique....or he may be a guy that is a RT or OG in the NFL.

Here is a professional opinion from somebody other than I, of him before the bowl game:

He's a large athlete that excels as a pass protector and run blocker. Several scouts feel Bulaga would be best inside at guard and may not be able to handle the left tackle position in the NFL. He could quell that criticism today by shutting down Derrick Morgan of Tech, one of the nation's best pass rushers. Late-First round http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/web/COM1164455/3/index.htm

SteelerNation12
01-08-2010, 01:21 AM
Anthony Davis / Rutgers
Those are the 2 to watch. Campbell may be the best OL in this draft when its all said and done.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-08-2010, 09:51 AM
Anthony Davis / Rutgers
Those are the 2 to watch. Campbell may be the best OL in this draft when its all said and done.

You may be right.

Campbell will be on the rise. I still think a lot of teams question Davis ability to pass protect and his weight. Unless something happens to Okung, I think he has got to be the #1 OT taken though.

SteelerNation12
01-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Joe Mcknight declared today. Not sure why, he won't go very high IMO.

Texasteel
01-08-2010, 08:59 PM
GT Demaryius Thomas declared today. Think Ben Still wants a big WR. Probably a 3rd round pick

Aussie_steeler
01-08-2010, 10:20 PM
Earl Thomas just declared.............now you can do cartwheels TEX

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-fbc-t25-texas-thomas,0,1500860.story

supa_fly_steeler
01-08-2010, 10:55 PM
Jason Worilds Virginia Tech, really good pass rusher, would be cool to be a steeler.

Texasteel
01-09-2010, 04:31 AM
Earl Thomas just declared.............now you can do cartwheels TEX

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-fbc-t25-texas-thomas,0,1500860.story

You know it Aussie! This is the kid I want. I hope he is not out of our reach.

taztroy43
01-09-2010, 04:43 AM
I think Earl Thomas would be a great pick for the Steelers this upcoming draft!!! I just hope they don't trade down a few spots....Earl Thomas would be the perfect complement to Troy Polamalu....Hopefully nobody drafts him before our pick.....

Texasteel
01-09-2010, 04:51 AM
I think Earl Thomas would be a great pick for the Steelers this upcoming draft!!! I just hope they don't trade down a few spots....Earl Thomas would be the perfect complement to Troy Polamalu....Hopefully nobody drafts him before our pick.....

The good thing is that there have been some very good underclassmen declare so far, and there will probably be a couple more.