PDA

View Full Version : Question about IF Jets lost scenario

Glorydaysrback
12-28-2009, 02:01 PM
I am sitting here wondering if the Colts tanked yesterdays game on purpose to keep the steelers out of the playoffs...My question is, if the Colts won yesterday what would be the steelers scenario to make the playoffs..Would it be Win and have Houston lose and steelers are in?

Triggerfish
12-28-2009, 02:06 PM
Yes. That's all it would have taken.

Atranox
In addition to us winning, either Houston or Baltimore would have had to lose.

SH-Rock
and a Baltimore loss

X-Terminator
12-28-2009, 02:08 PM
OK ya know, we already have at least 10 different threads on this subject, including one that's stickied. There is no need for another one. Take the time to READ, people! Sheesh!

Glorydaysrback
12-28-2009, 02:08 PM
wow...ok I got it...sorry...

colts are sitting there thinking pats would beat steelers if they played their guys..wow..the fix is in

Triggerfish
12-28-2009, 02:09 PM
and a Denver or Baltimore loss

Denver wouldn't matter (we own the head-to-head tie breaker, as long as Houston isn't involved in the tie). But Houston would have had to lose.

zulater
12-28-2009, 02:12 PM
I am sitting here wondering if the Colts tanked yesterdays game on purpose to keep the steelers out of the playoffs...My question is, if the Colts won yesterday what would be the steelers scenario to make the playoffs..Would it be Win and have Houston lose and steelers are in?

I'm p.o.'d about the way the Colts layed down, but I'm certain they didn't do it with the intent to screw the Steelers. First off, even a Jets loss far from guaranteed the Steelers a post season berth. And second, why on earth would the Colts be afraid of the Steelers anyway? You think Manning's afraid he might get a sore arm from breaking the post season record for yards passing in a single playoff game? :chuckle:

steelcity1974
12-28-2009, 02:42 PM
So a thousand threads about playoff scenarios and countless incorrect posts about what needs to happen for the Steelers to get in wasn't enough??? We needed one that debates what the scenario WOULD be if something had happened a different way??? Who is moderating this site? I read the newbie bylaws or whatever it's called and shouldn't this crap be removed?

mikegrimey
12-28-2009, 05:13 PM
You thinks the colts threw the game out of fear for the steelers?

Whatever consoles you on that january sunday I guess.

markymarc
12-29-2009, 09:51 AM
And to think all we had to do is beat either the Browns, Chiefs or Raiders. If we do end up out of the playoffs I really hope this motivates the entire team (coaches and players) to change things so it doesn't happen again next season.