PDA

View Full Version : Can't wait for Sunday.

steelerchad
12-28-2009, 06:04 PM
I know a lot of people are upset about the NFL changing the Bengals- Jets game until Sunday night. I'm actually kind of excited about it for entertainment purposes. I'll be lined up in front of the TV watching the Steelers game and checking in on the Pats game with the game mix channel at 1 pm. If we get a Steelers and Pats win, I'll be flipping over for the Ravens game at 4 pm to cheer on the Raiders. If we don't get that one, I'll be back in front of the TV hoping for the Bengals to take out the Jets. That could line up to be a day full of intriguing football.

I know everyone thinks the Bengals will now lay down, but I don't see it quite like that. They may rest Palmer and a few key starters, but whoever is in will be playing hard and I think the Jets are definately capable of blowing this game especially with a rookie QB throwing against the best CB tandem in football. I remember we had it all wrapped up a few years ago and our backups put a whooping on a decent Bills team who was fighting for a playoff spot in the last game of the year.
Lets go : Steelers, Patriots, Raiders, and Bengals in that order.

tony hipchest
12-28-2009, 06:21 PM
"the best CB tandem in football" will most likely be resting too.

while i havent thrown in the towel, im in no hurry to see the final week of the season, approaching.

steelerchad
12-28-2009, 06:31 PM
"the best CB tandem in football" will most likely be resting too.

while i havent thrown in the towel, im in no hurry to see the final week of the season, approaching.

Yea. I thought about that also. But I'm not sure they'll rest them the entire game. We'll see. The Bengals didn't exactly look sharp the last month or so. Maybe they play the starters for a half and we get a lucky TO or 2. Of course, I'm hoping we get the wins we need at 1 pm first. If that happens, it'll make for a pretty exciting afternoon and evening in my opinion. We've got a chance and that's all I was hoping for since December 11th.

slippy
12-28-2009, 07:03 PM
i think NE plays hard against an inconsistant houston team and wins, and then.....

the j.e.t.s. once again break the hearts of every jets fan, as they have done hundreds of times in the last 40 years, losing 10 - 6 against the bengal's second team......in prime time!

CPanther95
12-28-2009, 07:06 PM
It's certainly going to be a much more entertaining Week 17 than it should have been.

Fire Haley
12-28-2009, 07:37 PM
Since it most likely will be our last game of the year I'd like the week to last a little longer.

Football will be over for us even if we win- I find that sad, not exciting. The Colts cheated us all.

tony hipchest
12-28-2009, 07:44 PM
Since it most likely will be our last game of the year I'd like the week to last a little longer.

Football will be over for us even if we win- I find that sad, not exciting. The Colts cheated us all.new years eve, and a few days for recovery will have the week drag out a little longer for me. :cheers:

i'll take it and enjoy sunday for what it is worth (6 days from now and no sooner).

tony hipchest
12-28-2009, 10:41 PM
WOAHHHH! So now we have the best CB tandem?? I remember stating this on a different account and getting laughed at. But whatever. Its OK to change your minds :thumbsup:notice it is in quotes mocking fools like you.

i mean , they are good. you should expect as much with 2 early 1st round picks. but its nothing to go stroking the salami about. :jerkit:

smokin3000gt
12-29-2009, 12:04 AM
bungle man 9 = tim lumber?

stlrtruck
12-29-2009, 09:02 AM
I can't wait for Sunday either, I'll be in Miami for the game!

steelcity1974
12-29-2009, 09:12 AM
I disagree...the Bengals' Rey Maualuga just broke his ankle and they've had several other injuries this year. They know until they win a SB, they will always be the Bungles. This is the first year they've ever showed signs of having a Championship attitude and talent. They won't risk more injuries v Jets. Starters will play maybe a quarter...even if HOU beats NE.

LamarrWoodleysFade
12-29-2009, 09:12 AM
Honestly, you're not a real football fan if you're not looking forward to this weekend. It'll be a great weekend of football indeed...

markymarc
12-29-2009, 12:11 PM
I do agree that it will be a fun, but stressful day of watching football on Sunday. Hopefully the Steelers, Patriots and Bengals all take care of business :tt02:

smokin3000gt
12-29-2009, 05:11 PM
I can't wait for Sunday either, I'll be in Miami for the game!

Us too! :drink:

markymarc
12-30-2009, 12:34 PM
It will definitely be a day of scoreboard watching on Sunday. I like the way these games are spaced out too. You can watch the Patriots and Texans scoreboard while watching the Steelers game at 1:00. Then tune into the Ravens and Raiders game at 4:15. And to wrap the day up watch the Bengals hopefully taking down the Jets at 8:20.