PDA

View Full Version : Ill take my chances with the Raiders beating Baltimore

Mags87
12-29-2009, 01:04 AM
i honestly think that we should be paying more attention to this matchup than the Cincy NYJ matchup. Cincy has nothing to gain and may just rest the starters. Oakland has really came alive lately and i think that starts with them beatin us in our house (excuse me while i vomit). then they beat Denver when they were playing good football with a chance to essentially lock up a playoff spot. now here comes Baltimore into their town assuming they win. i think this is a club that is playin with swagger and would love to beat a playoff caliber team. look out for these raiders.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-29-2009, 01:43 AM
Yeah, so far the Raiders have beat the Steelers, Bengals, Eagles, and Broncos. Just have to hope they have one more trick to pull out of their bag. This team actually might be a contender a few years down the road.

Mags87
12-29-2009, 01:45 AM
Yeah, so far the Raiders have beat the Steelers, Bengals, Eagles, and Broncos. Just have to hope they have one more trick to pull out of their bag. This team actually might be a contender a few years down the road.

you pick in the top 10 for about 7 years in a row, your gonna come up with a good team eventually (even if one of those picks was Jamarcus)

casteeler
12-29-2009, 01:52 AM
where is bruce gradkowski when we need him?

Preacher
12-29-2009, 01:57 AM

ROTFL.. not with that owner.

Acerinox
12-29-2009, 02:14 AM
Never mind Raiders over Ravens - I would sooner put my trust in the 76 Succaneers over the 85 Bears than expect Cincy to do us any favours, with NOTHING on the line by the time they take the field.
I wouldn't be surprised if they actually lose on purpose to keep us out of the playoffs.
And who could blame them - seeing how we've :kick: them so often in the past

steve314
12-29-2009, 02:47 AM
i honestly think that we should be paying more attention to this matchup than the Cincy NYJ matchup. Cincy has nothing to gain and may just rest the starters. Oakland has really came alive lately and i think that starts with them beatin us in our house (excuse me while i vomit). then they beat Denver when they were playing good football with a chance to essentially lock up a playoff spot. now here comes Baltimore into their town assuming they win. i think this is a club that is playin with swagger and would love to beat a playoff caliber team. look out for these raiders.

And they won in Week 17 last year, knocking Tampa Bay out of the playoffs.

BrandonCarr39
12-29-2009, 02:52 AM
And they won in Week 17 last year, knocking Tampa Bay out of the playoffs.

Never underestimate the power of bad teams that have nothing to lose - look at Cutler/Chicago last night - color me surprised that Cutler played loose for the first time all year long. Look at Tampa Bay yesterday vs. the Saints. Even Washington didn't look too shabby against Dallas.(their D played pretty hard)

Expect ALOT of surprises this coming weekend.

Galax Steeler
12-29-2009, 08:16 AM
ROTFL.. not with that owner.

That was my thoughts exactly.:toofunny:

kittenfantastico76
12-29-2009, 08:24 AM

My boss and I have been having this same discussion - it seems like in a few years they may be a force to definitely be dealt with.

Crow-Magnon
12-29-2009, 09:40 AM
If Oakland beats the Ravens Sunday, I hope you guys go to and win the SB. It would serve those penalty-ridden A-holes right.

Hammer Of The GODS
12-29-2009, 09:47 AM
Better apply that theory to the Steelers/Miami game. If the GD browns can beat us, I MEAN BEAT US then Miami can surely pull it off.

fansince'76
12-29-2009, 11:38 AM
Better apply that theory to the Steelers/Miami game. If the GD browns can beat us, I MEAN BEAT US then Miami can surely pull it off.

Exactly. The Miami game is far from a gimme win, considering the teams we've lost to this season already.

HughC
12-29-2009, 12:29 PM
Another thing working against Baltimore is that over the last few years, teams traveling from one coast to the other to play a game have been notorious for playing very poorly. Obviously it doesn't happen every time, the record for east coast teams playing west coast teams (and vice versa) is far worse than basic away won-loss records. No reason to assume this is a gimme for the Ravens.

SteelerEmpire
12-29-2009, 12:36 PM
The Raiders have been playing giant killer all year.... especially at home.... don't be surprised if they drop the Ravens.....

steelreserve
12-29-2009, 12:42 PM
As long as JaMarcus Russell does not touch the football or preferably even look at the football, the Raiders actually have a chance to win.

They're like ... 2-8 with Russell as the starter and 3-2 with anyone else. They might actually be a so-so team that just looks terrible because they have one of the most incompetent QBs in the history of the game.

SH-Rock
12-29-2009, 12:47 PM
Charlie Frye and Louis Murphy FTW!

bobby jr
12-29-2009, 12:54 PM
The Raiders have slim to none chance of beating the Ravens.

The Ravens are better than their 8-7 record would indicate. They have outscored the opposition by 370 points to 248. They have lost almost every close game they have had this year but have consistently blown out the bad teams in the league.

Oakland has a 2-5 home record and has been outscored overall 358 to 184.

The Raiders will lose this game by about 20 points.

California-Steel
12-29-2009, 02:36 PM
ROTFL.. not with that owner.Many are not old enough to understand this comment, so I will explain.

Al Davis HATES the Steelers. He will rather have his team lose this game as to not help us in any way. He still fumes over the Immaculate Reception.

When he won the Super Bowl back in 77 (76 season) he did not put the score of the SB game on the rings, but rather the score of the AFCCG with the Steelers on it. 24-7. Now how bad do you got to hate a team to put on your SB ring the score of the game before the SB.

Do not expect the Raiders to win. Al just won't allow it.

madtowndrunkard
12-29-2009, 03:16 PM
Many are not old enough to understand this comment, so I will explain.

Al Davis HATES the Steelers. He will rather have his team lose this game as to not help us in any way. He still fumes over the Immaculate Reception.

When he won the Super Bowl back in 77 (76 season) he did not put the score of the SB game on the rings, but rather the score of the AFCCG with the Steelers on it. 24-7. Now how bad do you got to hate a team to put on your SB ring the score of the game before the SB.

Yea, There is obviously a rift between davis and the rooneys. The biggest factor is that Davis is totally insane. So yea, Davis will never allow his team to help us get in the playoffs when it means nothing to his team....except a win would screw him out of another high draft pick.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-29-2009, 03:18 PM

So Al Davis is just going to tell his team to lose. Sure.

fansince'76
12-29-2009, 03:20 PM
....a win would screw him out of another high draft pick.

Which he will either waste (see J. Russell, Heyward-Bey, etc., etc.) or essentially give away to the Pats* in another idiotic trade anyway.

Crow-Magnon
12-29-2009, 03:28 PM
So far this year the Ravens have pretty much beaten up every sub-par team they've played, with the exception of a close game against the Browns. They've blown out some pretty bad teams and I expect the same result here, as it is a "win and you're in" game.

California-Steel
12-29-2009, 03:34 PM
So Al Davis is just going to tell his team to lose. Sure.Just letting you know the history. And I would not put it past him. Al is a true rebel. He has let his team go to shite because he rather do things his way, right or wrong, it is his way or no way.

steelreserve
12-29-2009, 04:33 PM
Which he will either waste (see J. Russell, Heyward-Bey, etc., etc.) or essentially give away to the Pats* in another idiotic trade anyway.

but ... but ... it's too soon to call Heyward-Bey a bust! GOD, some fans are just idiots who want to cut everyone and label people a bust the first time they drop a pass.

Obviously, the front office saw SOMETHING they liked, so I'll just trust they know what they're doing.

... oh, wait. The RAIDERS front office. Never mind.

:rofl:

markymarc
12-30-2009, 12:30 PM
The Raiders have been playing giant killer all year.... especially at home.... don't be surprised if they drop the Ravens.....

This is my thought as well. I like the Raiders chances since they are playing at home.

Dino 6 Rings
12-30-2009, 12:46 PM
about as much of a chance as the Chiefs beating the Broncos...sure...it 'could' happen...but really...I'm not betting on any of these games...so there you go.

Go Pats
Go Chiefs
Go Raiders
Go Bengals

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

markymarc
12-30-2009, 03:02 PM
about as much of a chance as the Chiefs beating the Broncos...sure...it 'could' happen...but really...I'm not betting on any of these games...so there you go.

Go Pats
Go Chiefs
Go Raiders
Go Bengals

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's the spirit :tt02:

Bus36RollsUrlacher
12-30-2009, 05:13 PM

I was hoping that someone would mention this (a possible Al Davis role in this game). I'm not holding my breath on this game, but I may cross my fingers! :chuckle:

Shoes
12-30-2009, 05:23 PM
Conspiracy theories...... the world has a plot against the Steelers because we didn't play football this season.

fansince'76
12-30-2009, 05:24 PM
Conspiracy theories...... the world has a plot against the Steelers because we didn't play football this season.

No, the NFL is doing everything in their power to help the Steelers make the playoffs. :couch: :chuckle:

Shoes
12-30-2009, 05:25 PM
No, the NFL is doing everything in their power to help the Steelers make the playoffs. :couch: :chuckle:

:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-30-2009, 05:36 PM

Gotta be honest....I dont think Al Davis remembers what he had for breakfast, much less what happened in a game from 1972. :noidea:

steelreserve
12-30-2009, 05:50 PM

If Al Davis tried to tank a game, I have no doubt he'd screw that up somehow too.

We should be hoping that IS his plan; they'll blow out the Ravens 52-10.

MasterOfPuppets
12-30-2009, 05:56 PM

yep...and they've scripted it to make a nail biting drama . everybody loves the underdog ....:thumbsup: