PDA

View Full Version : Jets Fan Here- Keep your chins up...We'll screw it up as usual

PineappleJetsFan
12-29-2009, 06:35 AM
My first post here. Unfortunately I'm a Jets fan. Even named my son Jett (this borders on child abuse). I've been lurking on your forum for years. Steelers are the team I've always wanted my Jets to be like. First player I ever idolized, and still the only player I truly idolize, was Jack Lambert. Even used to stick one of those black round licorice pieces over my front tooth when I played pee wee football so I would look like him. Didn't do well in high school with grades so the only school that took me was Slippery Rock U. Loved the school, loved Western PA and the people, and loved quite a few girls from New Castle. Have even been mistaken to look like Hines Ward on more than a few occasions. Anyway, a lot of threads here on how the Bengals will throw the game against the Jets. I'm here to tell you there is no way we are winning this game. Many comments on how we are lucky the way the schedule has fallen these last 2 weeks for us. All I see is this is setting up to be another cruel hoax by the football gods on my beloved team. I knew we would beat the Colts and lose our last game. I can see the Bengals pleading with us to win the game and we will blow it somehow. The choking sounds are already starting. I can hear them. Hopefully we get in, but if not good luck to you getting in.

theplatypus
12-29-2009, 06:45 AM
I appreciate your sentiment, but there's a reason why they're known as the bungles.

huntingteacher
12-29-2009, 07:09 AM
1. Jack Lambert is your favorite player. 50% of the people here own #58 jerseys. Hell, Heinz almost changed their ketchup bottle but to have two Steelers on the bottle might confuse folks, offense/defense

2. You want the Jets to be like the steelers. I want my wife to be like Carrie Underwood.

3. No mention of Joe Namath in the thread. I'd think little Jett would be little Joe.

4. You went to college at Slippery Rock, but are still smart enough to keep close contact to the Steeler Forum all these years. I guarantee nobody here lurking on a Jets website. Or any other site for that matter. Steeler fans are monogamous.

5. Our team plays downtown in their own stadium. The Jets share a stadium with ANOTHER NFL team in a different state than what's on the helmet. You'd think the billions that wallstreet steals from america could fund two stadiums in their own state. (sorry, political rant).:noidea:

6. Back to Jett, I'm sure it's not too late to have a frank conversation with him. Explain your feelings then, and how you have been living a lie all these years. That kind of life style has hurt many, as in his name, but he will still love you!!!
A. JETTson
B JT ( As in JT Thomas)
C. Change the J to B and add an IS.
We believe in you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Triggerfish
12-29-2009, 07:36 AM
My first post here. Unfortunately I'm a Jets fan. Even named my son Jett (this borders on child abuse). I've been lurking on your forum for years. Steelers are the team I've always wanted my Jets to be like. First player I ever idolized, and still the only player I truly idolize, was Jack Lambert. Even used to stick one of those black round licorice pieces over my front tooth when I played pee wee football so I would look like him. Didn't do well in high school with grades so the only school that took me was Slippery Rock U. Loved the school, loved Western PA and the people, and loved quite a few girls from New Castle. Have even been mistaken to look like Hines Ward on more than a few occasions. Anyway, a lot of threads here on how the Bengals will throw the game against the Jets. I'm here to tell you there is no way we are winning this game. Many comments on how we are lucky the way the schedule has fallen these last 2 weeks for us. All I see is this is setting up to be another cruel hoax by the football gods on my beloved team. I knew we would beat the Colts and lose our last game. I can see the Bengals pleading with us to win the game and we will blow it somehow. The choking sounds are already starting. I can hear them. Hopefully we get in, but if not good luck to you getting in.

Good stuff! Thanks for posting, and for the chuckle! :chuckle:

Galax Steeler
12-29-2009, 08:14 AM
I guess we will see come Sunday it is out of our control and all we can do is let the chips fall and see how they land.

GoSlash27
12-29-2009, 08:40 AM
Pineapple,
Thanks for the kind words. :wave:

No matter what happens there, I'm not gonna blame you guys or the Bengals. We put ourselves in this position, so you get out there and fight!
/still hope you lose tho' :chuckle:

markymarc
12-29-2009, 12:01 PM
Welcome to the board and thanks for finally posting PineappleJetsFan. I'd be lying if I told you "good luck" on Sunday :chuckle:

SteelerEmpire
12-29-2009, 12:28 PM
Pineapple,
Thanks for the kind words. :wave:

No matter what happens there, I'm not gonna blame you guys or the Bengals. We put ourselves in this position, so you get out there and fight!
/still hope you lose tho' :chuckle:

Yea... this whole situation reminds me of the story of the "Tortoise and the Hair ". We were lazy, unmotivated from top to bottom, and had delusions of entitlement.... Now we have just woke up from our nap and are running our azzez off trying to finish the race... but that Tortoise just might be too close to the finish line....

dcsteel5804
12-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Yea... this whole situation reminds me of the story of the "Tortoise and the Hair ". We were lazy, unmotivated from top to bottom, and had delusions of entitlement.... Now we have just woke up from our nap and are running our azzez off trying to finish the race... but that Tortoise just might be too close to the finish line....

Freakin awsome analogy. Fits perfectly!!

pepsyman1
12-29-2009, 03:23 PM
1. Jack Lambert is your favorite player. 50% of the people here own #58 jerseys. Hell, Heinz almost changed their ketchup bottle but to have two Steelers on the bottle might confuse folks, offense/defense

2. You want the Jets to be like the steelers. I want my wife to be like Carrie Underwood.

3. No mention of Joe Namath in the thread. I'd think little Jett would be little Joe.

4. You went to college at Slippery Rock, but are still smart enough to keep close contact to the Steeler Forum all these years. I guarantee nobody here lurking on a Jets website. Or any other site for that matter. Steeler fans are monogamous.

5. Our team plays downtown in their own stadium. The Jets share a stadium with ANOTHER NFL team in a different state than what's on the helmet. You'd think the billions that wallstreet steals from america could fund two stadiums in their own state. (sorry, political rant).:noidea:

6. Back to Jett, I'm sure it's not too late to have a frank conversation with him. Explain your feelings then, and how you have been living a lie all these years. That kind of life style has hurt many, as in his name, but he will still love you!!!
A. JETTson
B JT ( As in JT Thomas)
C. Change the J to B and add an IS.
We believe in you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah Pineapple, quit torturing yourself. You know deep down inside you'd much rather be rooting for the black & gold. Save your son a lifetime of aggravation and get him a terrible towel. We'll take good care of you both. :wave:

Crow-Magnon
12-29-2009, 03:29 PM
Go to court and change Jett's name to Steely McBeam. :rofl:

PineappleJetsFan
12-29-2009, 03:44 PM
Yeah Pineapple, quit torturing yourself. You know deep down inside you'd much rather be rooting for the black & gold. Save your son a lifetime of aggravation and get him a terrible towel. We'll take good care of you both. :wave:

It really would be so much easier. I'm living in San Diego now. The kid will probably grow up to be a Charger fan with the name Jett. Not starting the kid off on the right foot.

steelerchad
12-29-2009, 04:33 PM

I just wanted to tell you how much I liked your AVI. Do you know where I can get that one? That's a pretty quick turn around.
I would have voted for Troy's pick 6 at the end of the AFCC game last year, but this ones probably a little fresher on the mind so I'm ok with it.

It truly is a fitting AVI. Very ironic, since the play in the picture is probably the main reason you have it in the first place.

Crow-Magnon
12-29-2009, 05:23 PM
I just wanted to tell you how much I liked your AVI. Do you know where I can get that one? That's a pretty quick turn around.
I would have voted for Troy's pick 6 at the end of the AFCC game last year, but this ones probably a little fresher on the mind so I'm ok with it.

It truly is a fitting AVI. Very ironic, since the play in the picture is probably the main reason you have it in the first place.

Take your pick. That dropped pass, the INT to the house or McGahee's bust-out TD run. Any of three would have probably been sufficient. Too bad they didn't throw a flag on the Mason drop; it would have been the trifecta.

StainlessStill
12-29-2009, 05:29 PM
It's only Tuesday?!?!?!?! DAMMIT.

Honestly, this is driving me to a f*ckin crater in my skull. Half of me says the scenarios will happen then the other half tells that half that we will miss it by ONE game.

Going to be the most entertaining Week 17 of ALL TIME.

StainlessStill
12-29-2009, 05:31 PM
Take your pick. That dropped pass, the INT to the house or McGahee's bust-out TD run. Any of three would have probably been sufficient. Too bad they didn't throw a flag on the Mason drop; it would have been the trifecta.

And deserving. Those calls needed to be called and all 3 of them were so blatant that it would be IMPOSSIBLE for the ref to not throw the flag. The Ravens CERTAINLY shot themselves in the foot but they didn't deserve to win it. They did the same against Cincy IN Cincy. Still, they control their own destiny. Here we go Raiders!!

tony hipchest
12-29-2009, 05:45 PM
Even used to stick one of those black round licorice pieces over my front tooth when I played pee wee football so I would look like him.now thats about as hard core and die-hard as it gets for a youth. i remember doing that with the nasty black licorice. infact i think i may go buy some to teach that trick to my daughter. thanks for the memory.

It really would be so much easier. I'm living in San Diego now. The kid will probably grow up to be a Charger fan with the name Jett. Not starting the kid off on the right foot.you can always turn him into a raider fan and say he was named after james jett. :hunch:

anyways enjoy the forum. i think the jets could roll out pennington in a wheelchair and 2 arm slings, and the bengals would still find a way to tank it. they want absolutely no part of the steelers for a third time. we would destroy them and crush their dreams yet again, and they know it.

jokerman
12-29-2009, 09:56 PM
ha, yeas.....thank you for the much needed chuckle my friend

birdflyhigh
12-30-2009, 04:31 PM
Hang in there Jet Fan, as much as I hate to admit it, I'm a little jealous of your Jets.
I see my team aging before my eyes, and you guys are built to win in the playoffs. Ball control and a tremendous D. Give that Mexican kid another year and he will be a star. But I hope you lose

Preacher
12-30-2009, 04:48 PM

Absolutely hilarious. Gave me a good laugh today, which I need. Thanks!!

Come now, that IS child abuse! :wink02:

BlastFurnace
12-30-2009, 05:22 PM
It's only Tuesday?!?!?!?! DAMMIT.

Honestly, this is driving me to a f*ckin crater in my skull. Half of me says the scenarios will happen then the other half tells that half that we will miss it by ONE game.

Going to be the most entertaining Week 17 of ALL TIME.

I quit reading the scenerios. They all say the same thing. First things first...the Steelers need to win.