PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowl Players revealed tonight

Carolina Steelers
12-29-2009, 02:23 PM
Any Steelers make it?

Ill say Big Ben maybe, I think 3 go Manning, Rivers, that leaves one spot for Brady or Big Ben.

ALso maybe Miller or even Holmes he was in the top 5 Rec.

Nobody on Defense maybe Woodley as an alternate or sub for the AFC Champs since they wont play because of Super Bowl the folowing week

zulater
12-29-2009, 02:38 PM
Don't be surprised if Kemoeatu gets in.

I see Ben and Heath as alternates that will get in as replacement for SB participants.

Harrison will make it but shouldn't. Woodley wont make it but should.

Hines and Santonio are both deserving, but the conference is too stacked at the position for either to get in except as SB subs.

MACH1
12-29-2009, 06:46 PM
Reed's a shoe in, just for his tackling abilities. :chuckle:

tony hipchest
12-29-2009, 06:59 PM
manning
rivers
schaub
brady

ben

hopefully brady gets the shaft from voters, being that he ducks it every season anyways. he dont need the accolades anyways.

miller is righfully behind clark and gates in stats but this may very well be his year (definitely as an alternate).

faneca gets in (oops... wrong team).

i think polamalu, harrison, and even possibly woodley get selected ( the the voting was early. harrison has since tapered off while woodley has came on strong so who knows).

sepulveda probably takes a back seat to shane lechler.

oh, and lets not forget carey davis at fullback. :chuckle:

moss, welker, wayne, marshall, a. johnson all keep holmes out.

stillers4me
12-29-2009, 07:06 PM
James Harrison is the only Steeler to get in as a starter. Hampton is an alternate. That's it, folks.

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?id=09000d5d8155c2fa&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

tony hipchest
12-29-2009, 07:09 PM
arians experiment to get ben into the pro bowl = FAIL!

fire arians!

devilsdancefloor
12-29-2009, 07:10 PM
kinda shocked that big snack making it, but good for him, but sunday sounds like his last game in B&G that just put him out of our price range i bet.

zulater
12-29-2009, 07:11 PM
James Harrison is the only Steeler to get in as a starter. Hampton is an alternate. That's it, folks.

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?id=09000d5d8155c2fa&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

I think Ben and Heath will be eventual replacements for SB participants. . Ward could also go in for Reggie Wayne if the Colts win the AFC title. Woodley was more deserving than Harrison imo.

I wont watch it anyway. :coffee:

tony hipchest
12-29-2009, 07:11 PM
if its any consolation, heath farwell made it for the NFC special teams squad.

now can anyone please tell me who the hell heath farwell is? :huh:

devilsdancefloor
12-29-2009, 07:14 PM
if its any consolation, heath farwell made it for the NFC special teams squad.

now can anyone please tell me who the hell heath farwell is? :huh:

WHO?? :toofunny::toofunny::wink02:

stillers4me
12-29-2009, 07:14 PM
Harrison probably doesn't want to go. They just invited him because we won the Superbowl last year. Why would he want to go somewhere if he wouldn't have been invited if we didn't win the superbowl. :hunch:

:chuckle:

stillers4me
12-29-2009, 07:16 PM
I just noticed something..........there are no Bengals on the Pro Bowl team. And here I thought they had the "best CB tandem in the league? " :hunch:

tony hipchest
12-29-2009, 07:32 PM
NFL network just announced that brett farve has been named the pro bowl MVP award winner.

brett favre.

GoSlash27
12-29-2009, 07:34 PM
I heard John Kuhn is starting for both teams. At the same time!

jjpro11
12-29-2009, 07:47 PM
I just noticed something..........there are no Bengals on the Pro Bowl team. And here I thought they had the "best CB tandem in the league? " :hunch;

maybe it will piss them off and they will take it out on the Jets in front of a national audience, 1st or 2nd string.. i realize it sounds a bit ridiculous.. but honestly, you never know.

steelcity58
12-29-2009, 07:55 PM
maybe it will piss them off and they will take it out on the Jets in front of a national audience, 1st or 2nd string.. i realize it sounds a bit ridiculous.. but honestly, you never know.

Yes, get those scary Bungles all fired up. :chuckle:

Steelers>NFL
12-29-2009, 07:57 PM
What's the Pro bowl game. Isn't that the game where the players take their families
on vacation, and not really give a hoot about the game? It is all fun and game.
This game is a joke!!! Who cares who made it or not!!!

CantStop85
12-29-2009, 08:03 PM
I just noticed something..........there are no Bengals on the Pro Bowl team. And here I thought they had the "best CB tandem in the league? " :hunch:

Well, the Bengals will have a game the week after, so I guess the voters took that into account. :chuckle:

HometownGal
12-29-2009, 08:06 PM
No shocker at the NFL popularity contest results. :coffee: The Pro Bowl has become such a joke that I don't even watch it anymore.

tony hipchest
12-29-2009, 08:11 PM
This game is a joke!!! Who cares who made it or not!!!

1) those who write player's contracts (the team).

2) those who sign the contract (the player).

3) the agent in the middle (the one who earns the most for doing the least).

tony hipchest
12-29-2009, 08:24 PM
congrats- to ted ginn jr. who is the first positional player to be selected at 2 spots in the same year. ST returner and WR. oh wait... im thinking of desean jackson... my bad. :doh:

anyways desean is all stud w/o the hype. our own wallace reminds me of a bigger, stronger, non kick returning, poor mans version of him.

biggest snubs- london fletcher- screwed once again. what more can the man do to gain respect from the fans and his peers?

matt schaub- leading the league in passing yardage. leads tom brady in every statistical category with exception of 1 less td and 2 more int. 1 percentage point off of manning in comp %. 6th in the league in passer rating (2 points shy of manning) and tied for 4th in yards per attempt.

fansince'76
12-29-2009, 10:18 PM
No shocker at the NFL popularity contest results. :coffee: The Pro Bowl has become such a joke that I don't even watch it anymore.

Couldn't agree more. I could've named 90% of those rosters in September and been right.

revefsreleets
12-30-2009, 10:35 AM
No surprises here at all...fans vote is like a third of this, and fans are, um......well, fans are fans.

St33lersguy
12-30-2009, 10:28 PM

:iagree:
That is the problem with fans voting while listening to the media bombard them with their opinions. Tom Brady gets in only because half of america watches as the sports media sucks his d***, and a lot of undeserving players get in simply because of media attention and what they did 2+ years ago. Then you have London Fletcher, great player, no respect, no pro bowls. Pro bowls, an overrated stat where only the most popular play.

supa_fly_steeler
12-30-2009, 10:43 PM
how many votes did tyrone carter get overall lol.

ray rice is a rat.