PDA

View Full Version : Holmgren wants Mornhinweg as HC in Cleveland?

BrandonCarr39
12-29-2009, 01:47 PM
The Eagles OC, that is. Heard it on ESPN this morning. Sorry, no link.

Crow-Magnon
12-29-2009, 01:50 PM
God, wasn't he terrible in Detroit?

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-29-2009, 01:53 PM
He's not that stupid.

Odds are either Mangini keeps the job, either gets fired next year or does well enough or we hire Mooch.

BrandonCarr39
12-29-2009, 01:57 PM
He's not that stupid.

Odds are either Mangini keeps the job, either gets fired next year or does well enough or we hire Mooch.

Morninweg is one of the old Holmgren assistants in GB ala Reid, Gruden, Mooch, Juron, Rhodes, Sherm Lewis, etc that have gotten experience on all levels of coaching.

Morninweg may have been one of the worst, if not the worst HC in his stint in Detroit, but he's done a very fine job as OC in Philly since Reid gave him the playcalling duties 3 years ago.

If he's working with Holmgren, then things could work out well for him this time.

KeiselPower99
12-29-2009, 01:57 PM
Haha I called it!!!!!

Gnutella
12-29-2009, 02:11 PM
Damn West Coast fools! Stay in the NFC!

RoethlisBURGHer
12-29-2009, 05:55 PM
It's just talk, IMHO. I don't see him hiring Morniweg. He might be brought in by the new HC as OC/Asst. HC (he would need the asst. head coach title to be brought over unless the Eagles agreed to let him out of his contract).

If Mooch wants to get back into coaching, I could see him coming to Cleveland under Holmgren.

The only way Mangini stays is if Holmgren is promised by Gruden that he will come to Cleveland after next season. I honestly don't see Gruden coming back to coaching until after next season. He is enjoying his time in the booth and I think he is liking the break from coaching.

revefsreleets
12-30-2009, 09:24 AM
Mornhinweg as OC, with Rob Ryan at DC (Who has done a HELL OF A JOB this year with a mediocre talent-level D riddled with injuries and a bunch of nobodies in the secondary) under Holmgren may not be so awful. Bear in mind that Marty was severly handicapped by Matt Millen, a GM so pathetically awful that he made Steve Mariucci look like mmalone.

fansince'76
12-30-2009, 11:11 AM
God, wasn't he terrible in Detroit?

More like he was one of several fall guys for arguably the most incompetent GM (Millen) in NFL history. Millen made Dan Snyder look like Kevin Colbert.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-30-2009, 04:59 PM
More like he was one of several fall guys for arguably the most incompetent GM (Millen) in NFL history. Millen made Dan Snyder look like Kevin Colbert.

:rofl: Ain't that that the truth!

Bill Parcells couldn't succeed under Millen.