PDA

View Full Version : Quality Stats

DEsteelers
12-29-2009, 05:30 PM
Hey everyone, I've been reading this board for awhile and this is my first post.

I found a very interesting website that gives stats you usually don't find elsewhere. The site is http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/index.php. They have a tab called Quality Stats where they this stats that have a direct correlation to winning games.

I found a stat that gives the Steelers' Scoreability ranking. Basically the stat ranks teams by offensive yards gained per point scored. Even though the Steelers' are 9th in the league in total offensive yards, they are 19th in the league in yards per point. So essentially they have a highly inefficient offense. Now, I don't know if this is the fault of BA or players but this is something that must be corrected for next season. We can't keep settling for field goals or turning the ball over when we're in the redzone.

We clearly have a very potent offense with the ability to score a ton of points, now we just need to get it done.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-29-2009, 06:01 PM
Nice find. I guess this site would be of use when they're trying to figure out the MVP.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-29-2009, 06:05 PM
Also, it's kind of funny that the Steelers are one of the best "Quality Teams" since they beat all the good teams. However, it's the "Non-Quality" teams that have made the difference this season. :/

HughC
12-29-2009, 06:20 PM
Football Outsiders is another good site for detailed, advanced stats.

DEsteelers
12-29-2009, 11:14 PM
Football Outsiders is another good site for detailed, advanced stats.

thanks for the reference. i always like looking at advanced stats like these as i believe they are much more telling than the stats you find at nfl.com.