PDA

View Full Version : Houston Texans favored by EIGHT points over the Pats?


BrandonCarr39
12-29-2009, 10:30 PM
Huh? Belichick hasn't said a peep over whether he's going to play his starters to full or not? No?

Does Vegas know something we don't?:popcorn:

tony hipchest
12-29-2009, 10:46 PM
Does Vegas know something we don't?:popcorn:

yes. there is virtually no difference between being the #3 or #4 seed. in this case you still get the opportunity to face one of the two suck ass #5 or #6 seeds at home.

not only that, but you get to try to decipher and maneuver if you wanna go face the #1 colts or #2 chargers when you advance.

i guarantee you belichick has assistants, scouts, and number crunchers, on his staff who have already told him he has a 51% chance of beating the colts vs. a 49% chance of beating the chargers, or vice vesrsa.

those same assistants and scouts have broken down every possible scenario with all possible playoff matchups and have told him which odds are the best bet and the ones to play.

say the steelers are likely to beat the bengals for a third time. odds say that the patriots are probably better off facing the bungles or jets, later on down the road.

there are a multitude of reasons for the pats to not even show up on sunday. the 3rd seed really means absolutely nothing, especially this year in the AFC.

Larry
12-30-2009, 12:30 AM
yes. there is virtually no difference between being the #3 or #4 seed. in this case you still get the opportunity to face one of the two suck ass #5 or #6 seeds at home.

not only that, but you get to try to decipher and maneuver if you wanna go face the #1 colts or #2 chargers when you advance.

i guarantee you belichick has assistants, scouts, and number crunchers, on his staff who have already told him he has a 51% chance of beating the colts vs. a 49% chance of beating the chargers, or vice vesrsa.

those same assistants and scouts have broken down every possible scenario with all possible playoff matchups and have told him which odds are the best bet and the ones to play.

say the steelers are likely to beat the bengals for a third time. odds say that the patriots are probably better off facing the bungles or jets, later on down the road.

there are a multitude of reasons for the pats to not even show up on sunday. the 3rd seed really means absolutely nothing, especially this year in the AFC.


Well I wouldn't exactly say the #3 seed is worthless, the difference between #3 and #4 could very well be the difference between playing away or at home for the AFC championship. Of course, the decision depends upon whatever assumptions Belichick is making. If he really believes that the Bengals will lose before the AFC championship, I guess it could be worth it to rest his starters.

Psyychoward86
12-30-2009, 12:51 AM
I wish the Pats were 15-0 again so they would be motivated to play for a win

tony hipchest
12-30-2009, 12:51 AM
when it comes to speculation like this amongst messageboard posters, it really is grasping at straws, but you can bet that billion dollar frnachises have people looking at the same things we peons are speculating about.

odds are the pats and bengals are expecting a matchup with either the colts or san diego if and when they beat whatever 8-7 teams the afc may offer them in the first round.

just to illustrate my point, with all things being equal, i am almost certain that the colts would much prefer to face a 4-3 team in the first round as opposes to a 3-4 team, for nothing more than 3-4 teams have historically given manning and the colts fits in the playoffs (see chargers, steelers, patriots).

coaches note these trends and as creatures of habit, tend to play the odds. its all part of the game.

MasterOfPuppets
12-30-2009, 04:33 AM
when it comes to speculation like this amongst messageboard posters, it really is grasping at straws, but you can bet that billion dollar frnachises have people looking at the same things we peons are speculating about.

odds are the pats and bengals are expecting a matchup with either the colts or san diego if and when they beat whatever 8-7 teams the afc may offer them in the first round.

just to illustrate my point, with all things being equal, i am almost certain that the colts would much prefer to face a 4-3 team in the first round as opposes to a 3-4 team, for nothing more than 3-4 teams have historically given manning and the colts fits in the playoffs (see chargers, steelers, patriots).

coaches note these trends and as creatures of habit, tend to play the odds. its all part of the game.
no doubt....i'm sure the bengals would prefer to not have to give the steelers or ravens a 3rd game this year. both them and the pats are probably hoping to see the pick throwing rookie or kyle orton.
its actually pretty amusing seeing some of the bengal tards on thier board thumping thier chest and saying they'd love to play the steelers again. i don't believe for a second that after they squeeked out those wins any of them really want that... but then again they're not to knowledgable about things dealing with playoffs....

Galax Steeler
12-30-2009, 07:50 AM
I wish the Pats were 15-0 again so they would be motivated to play for a win

If they were 15 and 0 and get that win against the Texans then that would mean they would have there perfect season. I don't think I could stand to hear that again.

TackleMeBen
12-30-2009, 10:19 AM
do you really think bellichick is not going to go for the win? he seems the type that is a win at all cost type person.

Dino 6 Rings
12-30-2009, 10:36 AM
Texans are in a must win game, at home, with a good dline that attacks the QB. So if they start getting to Brady early, most likely Bill B pulls him to save him for the Playoffs. No use letting the guy get killed against that D Line.

Plus, not sure the Pats D will be able to handle the Texans on offense either.

revefsreleets
12-30-2009, 10:54 AM
Texans are in a must win game, at home, with a good dline that attacks the QB. So if they start getting to Brady early, most likely Bill B pulls him to save him for the Playoffs. No use letting the guy get killed against that D Line.

Plus, not sure the Pats D will be able to handle the Texans on offense either.

I agree....Tomlin said he doesn't really care or watch what other teams do, and I bet most, if not all coaches, are the same. This is being over-thought and over-analyzed...the Texans are a good team. They score a lot of points. They are at home. They've been playing well lately (after having come out of a bit of a slump). They absolutely NEED to win, and NE is overrated. It's not like NE is 13-2 and Houston is 3-13, these are evenly matched teams with most of the intangibles in favor of the Texans.

Dino 6 Rings
12-30-2009, 11:29 AM
I agree....Tomlin said he doesn't really care or watch what other teams do, and I bet most, if not all coaches, are the same. This is being over-thought and over-analyzed...the Texans are a good team. They score a lot of points. They are at home. They've been playing well lately (after having come out of a bit of a slump). They absolutely NEED to win, and NE is overrated. It's not like NE is 13-2 and Houston is 3-13, these are evenly matched teams with most of the intangibles in favor of the Texans.

Agreed, Texans are a lot better than people give them credit for. That D especially.

Larry
12-30-2009, 01:37 PM
Does anyone here really think that the Patriots aren't going to fight for the #3 seed? If they're in the game, they'll keep playing.