PDA

View Full Version : Belichick to play starters!

StainlessStill
12-30-2009, 12:11 PM
Just reported on ESPN that Bellichick plans to start his first stringers for the WHOLE GAME Sunday! I knew Bellicheat wouldn't lye down, that just ISN'T his nature. I hope this lights some will under Cincy's ass and makes them want to go into the playoffs on a hight note.

Will post a link as soon as I come across it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=4781718

Even though the article says being "coy" about it, they said on air that expect the whole team to play the whole game.

LamarrWoodleysFade
12-30-2009, 12:22 PM
Eh, I'll believe it when I see it.

BUT, if true, this betters our chances...

Shoes
12-30-2009, 12:25 PM
I didn't expect anything else from him. If he can score 150 points in the game he will......make's you wonder why he became a cheat :chuckle:

desertsteel
12-30-2009, 12:27 PM
NFL screwed us by moving the bengals/jets to 8p. They have nothing to play for.

Go Raiders!

revefsreleets
12-30-2009, 12:27 PM
Why would ANYONE believe ANYTHING that douchebag says? He's the biggest liar and cheater in the NFL...

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-30-2009, 12:49 PM
I have to say. I don't see anything that says Belichick will play his starters the whole game. That's all speculation.

Fire Haley
12-30-2009, 12:57 PM
Belichick won't divulge lineup plans is what it really says

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-30-2009, 01:04 PM
All you can hope is that Brady throws 3-4 TD passes in the first half and doesn't leave room for a Houston comeback.

BlastFurnace
12-30-2009, 01:22 PM
I don't like Bellichek, but one thing I do like about him is that he wants to beat your brains in any time he can.

Nadroj 20
12-30-2009, 01:23 PM
I hope this is true, now all we need is a thread that says Lewis plans to play starters :chuckle:

zulater
12-30-2009, 01:27 PM
Don't forget the Patriots need the win to gain the #3 seed in the conference. Might not seem like a big deal to many, but to Bellichick if it worked out that the Patriots and Bengals both advanced to the conference title game he'd be kicking himself to perpetuity if the game ended up in Cincy because he took this one off. Just be glad the Pats don't have the late game because Bellichick has already proven he'll tank it if the game doesn't matter. Just look to 05 when he started Matt Cassell in a season ending loss to the woefull ( at the time) Dolphins with his playoff seeding already locked in.

Even if he plays it to win there's no guarantee they'll beat the Texans in Houston. The Patriots have been a poor road team this year, with that in mind Bellichick probably wants this one from a physcological standpoint as well.

steel9guy
12-30-2009, 01:46 PM
I have more confidence in NE's backups than Indy's lol

Kemo Eat U
12-30-2009, 01:58 PM
I have more confidence in NE's backups than Indy's lol
Me too NE has like 10 good RB's on their roster

HughC
12-30-2009, 02:32 PM
I have to say. I don't see anything that says Belichick will play his starters the whole game. That's all speculation.

Belichick won't divulge lineup plans is what it really says

Yeah, I agree. Sounds more like speculation and wishful thinking than anything else right now. And though the #3 seed would get home field if both the Colts and Chargers lost in their first game, the #4 seed would have a shorter road trip (to Indy, rather than to San Diego.) Tough to say whether or not he would consider the #3 seed to be that much better than being the #4 seed. Also, on the chance that they play Houston again in the first round, he may keep the play calling and schemes very vanilla so the Texans would have nothing to game plan for, and then make adjustments and roll out his real game plan the following week - similar to how teams do nothing special in the last preseason game.

TackleMeBen
12-30-2009, 02:39 PM
marvin said that everyone that suits up for him is going to play...

CantStop85
12-30-2009, 03:01 PM
marvin said that everyone that suits up for him is going to play...

If the Patriots lose, I imagine the Bengals will play as if it's a real game. If they lose, the starters may only play a half or so.

birdflyhigh
12-30-2009, 03:06 PM
I have a bad feeling, that Bengals won't be able to move the ball against the Jets ferocious Dee. They probably will play their starters because, there is no way they want to face Rex's crew again.

markymarc
12-30-2009, 03:13 PM
Sorry but I have a hard time believing anything Belicheat says during the week. Even with their backups playing I think they can easily handle the Texans. It's all going to come down to the Raiders/Ravens and Bengals/Jets games.

birdflyhigh
12-30-2009, 03:26 PM
"Belicheat" I love it, he's a real cheater. I nearly fell out of my chair. Go Steelers!

ljk2442
12-30-2009, 03:53 PM
the bungles and pats should play to win this game, they need to tune up their engines for the playoffs... and plus... isnt this game for the number 3 or 4 seed for the bungles... if they win, they can get the 3? remember the Arizona Cardinals were a 9-7 team that hosted the NFC Champ game last season, and this favored them greatly! I would imagine they would want to win in case they play a wild card team in the AFC Champ game, if they make it...

markymarc
12-31-2009, 12:50 PM
Starters or no starters I believe the Patriots will easily handle the Texans.

GoSlash27
12-31-2009, 12:58 PM
markymarc,
I wish I had your confidence.
You could make a killing if you're correct. Vegas has the Texans by 8.

markymarc
12-31-2009, 01:40 PM
Yea I guess Vegas knows more than us since the Texans and Jets are heavy favorites on Sunday. Wouldn't that be crazy though come Monday and we are all talking about the Steelers making it to the playoffs :tt02:

Fire Haley
12-31-2009, 02:05 PM
What was it the Phins were saying last year?

"Why not us?"

stb_steeler
12-31-2009, 02:52 PM
Yea I guess Vegas knows more than us since the Texans and Jets are heavy favorites on Sunday. Wouldn't that be crazy though come Monday and we are all talking about the Steelers making it to the playoffs :tt02:

I'll drink to that......:toast::beerfunnel::beerbang::alcohol::c heers::chug::alcoholic
Lets keep our fingers crossed

stb_steeler
12-31-2009, 02:53 PM
:puke: I hope its werth it.......Happy new Year

JEFF4i
12-31-2009, 03:00 PM
The Texans are not to be handled lightly, and I'm a fan of them actually.

That said, it kind of depends if Shaub does what he's certainly capable of, or if he chokes. Both are equally likely.

jjpro11
12-31-2009, 03:27 PM
i still won't believe anything until i see it Sunday.. but you have to love what is definitely a jab at the Colts in his last quote.

Brady told that he'll play
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 31, 2009 4:10 PM ET
Tom Brady's father asked the quarterback whether he's going to play this week. He didn't know. Ever the dutiful son, Brady then asked coach Bill Belichick to find out.

"You'll play, don't worry about that," Belichick told Brady. "You'll be playing."

Brady seems to think he will last the whole game.

"Close game, blowout, we get behind, I'm expecting to play the whole game," Brady said. "I wouldn't see why we wouldn't."

Brady doesn't want to hear from the Texans in the offseason, much less next week.

"Of course, I want to play. I don't want to lose a game. You don't just forfeit these games. Playing Houston, I don't want to see one of them in the offseason and them saying 'Hey, we beat you guys.' Screw that. You have to go out there and play."

Somewhere, Peyton Manning is nodding. And sighing.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-31-2009, 04:58 PM
I'm not nearly as scared about NE. They will actually have to win to lock up the #3 seed. Now, the Bengals.

CPanther95
12-31-2009, 05:04 PM
Don't forget the Patriots need the win to gain the #3 seed in the conference. Might not seem like a big deal to many, but to Bellichick if it worked out that the Patriots and Bengals both advanced to the conference title game he'd be kicking himself to perpetuity if the game ended up in Cincy because he took this one off. Just be glad the Pats don't have the late game because Bellichick has already proven he'll tank it if the game doesn't matter. Just look to 05 when he started Matt Cassell in a season ending loss to the woefull ( at the time) Dolphins with his playoff seeding already locked in.

Even if he plays it to win there's no guarantee they'll beat the Texans in Houston. The Patriots have been a poor road team this year, with that in mind Bellichick probably wants this one from a physcological standpoint as well.

Yeah I see it the same way. Don't see them willingly giving up the #3 seed - despite the fact that all the boneheads on Inside the NFL thought they'd be resting for this one. In fact, I don't know if any team has ever taken a day off with a single seed position up for grabs.

The only way I see them tanking the game is if they have a deal with Cincy to also rest their starters.

Bluedust
12-31-2009, 05:36 PM
I'm not nearly as scared about NE. They will actually have to win to lock up the #3 seed. Now, the Bengals.

Yeah the Bengals game is the one piece of it all that really, really worries me.

Yes the Jets are bad, but when you have the #1 Defense anything can happen, even worse if the Bengals have nothing to play for.

SteveS
01-01-2010, 09:13 AM
You guys are forgetting that the Pats STILL want to try to lock up the 3rd seed. There IS a difference between #3 and #4 the way the NFL playoffs are set up.

For the 4th seed to have any shot of hosting the conference title game they must hope the 6th seed wins their wildcard game as well to make it so there is still a lower seed remaining in the divisional round.

With the #3 seed, it is GAURENTEED that there will be a lower seed than you are remaining in the divisional round (either 4 or 5), assuming you also win your wildcard game.

There is also a difference in match up, wich could help or hurt you depending.

Believe me, ole Bill WILL not let us down.

steelpride12
01-01-2010, 10:19 AM
How about we worry about the most important game ahead of the us, the Steelers and the dolphins. None of this means anything until we win out against the dolphins.

CPanther95
01-01-2010, 10:26 AM
How about we worry about the most important game ahead of the us, the Steelers and the dolphins. None of this means anything until we win out against the dolphins.

We're all assuming we win the Dolphins game. If we don't, we're eliminated anyway.

Psyychoward86
01-01-2010, 10:56 AM
As long as the Jets limit Mark Sanchez to just a couple throws a game, the jets can beat anybody. The league's #1 running attack and #1 defense is a formula for success

StainlessStill
01-01-2010, 12:52 PM
I think you guys are over looking Oakland beating Baltimore. Baltimore needs to travel across state and face a team that have been giant killers this year. Oakland SEEMS to be a franchise on the rise, only if it's tiny and to beat a playoff team, in the black hole, in front of their fans would be a time for promise for them. So, if we beat Miami, and it N.E beats Houston, and the Raiders go onto beat the Ravens, then we will be in sooner than anyone expects. Don't sleep on Oakland!