PDA

View Full Version : Steelers LB Woodley predicts Pats, Bengals will 'lay down' Sunday

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-30-2009, 04:39 PM
Steelers LB Woodley predicts Pats, Bengals will 'lay down' Sunday
Associated Press

PITTSBURGH -- Linebacker LaMarr Woodley predicts the New England Patriots and Cincinnati Bengals will "lay down" for their virtually meaningless games Sunday because they don't want the Super Bowl champion Steelers in the playoffs.

The Steelers (8-7), losers of five of their last seven games, would make it in if they beat the Miami Dolphins, the Patriots defeat the Houston Texans and the Bengals beat the New York Jets.

There are other combinations in which Pittsburgh could sneak in, but it's unlikely the Steelers would make it unless New England wins.

The Patriots and Bengals have little to play for except which team will be seeded No. 3 in the AFC. With a wild-card playoff game awaiting each team next week, the Patriots and Bengals are expected to rest some starters to avoid possible injuries.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

I kind of like this kind of statement. Maybe it will trick them into playing their starters :)

toughsticks87
12-30-2009, 04:40 PM
Well I'm officially rooting like hell for the Patriots and Bengals bench players...

LamarrWoodleysFade
12-30-2009, 04:48 PM
I just read on Profootballtalk that the Bengals' starters are playing the whole game. Add that to the previous reports that the Patriots' starters are playing the whole game.

Hmm...

steelerchad
12-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Well I'm officially rooting like hell for the Patriots and Bengals bench players...

I don't like this kind of talk myself. Just shut up and win our game. This is the kind of thing that people say and then they don't take care of their own business and win. As far as it motivating the Pats and Bengals, I'm pretty sure they can see through to the intent of the statement.

I hope the Pats and Bengals are smart enough to play hard even if they're backups are in. If you're trying to avoid injuries you don't do it by playing half speed.

I do remember a few years ago, we had a playoff spot all locked up and and our backups kicked the crap out of a Bills team in Buffalo that needed a win to get in the playoffs. This can be done if we take care of business. Don't put it past the Ravens to choke in Oakland either.

X-Terminator
12-30-2009, 04:59 PM
I don't like the comment either. Why give bulletin board material to the Dolphins? Yeah, the Bengals and Pats* may lay down, but they still have to take care of their own business and win their game.

CantStop85
12-30-2009, 05:06 PM
I think Woodley should be more concerned about his own team "laying down" against the Dolphins on Sunday.

fansince'76
12-30-2009, 05:07 PM
Just shut up and beat the Dolphins.

Bus36RollsUrlacher
12-30-2009, 05:07 PM
I like how this was also posted on the nfl.com site. Take care of what we can take care of - beating Miami and then let the chips fall where they may. I don't think that their coaches are going to be like, "Hey, Lamarr is calling us out...we'll show him."

The team put themselves in this situation, and if they make it in, do some damage. Unleash the "hell" that has been picking up some momentum these last couple of games.

Curtain_of_Steel
12-30-2009, 05:16 PM
Woddley bringing the smack. Even the annoucners were commenting how the Steelers become very dangerous in the playoffs and look out if Troy is back.

These teams do not want us in the playoffs. So call their ass's out on it. Taunt away, if the Steelers don't bring it to the fins, than it doesn't matter anyway.

If you guys don't like it, go face Woodley and tell him, lol Just bulletin board smack that you hide behind. He called them out.

BlastFurnace
12-30-2009, 05:19 PM
It's a long shot to make the playoffs. Too bad that the Steelers didn't do more to make the playoffs a lock this season. Who cares what Woodley says.

rich4eagle
12-30-2009, 05:34 PM
Why would either the Bengals or Pats NOT LAY down

Do you want to chance playing the Steelers or the Texans or Jets

NO BRAINER:tt04:

Indy set the tone...........the played to lose.............and now the chips fall:banging:

Shoes
12-30-2009, 05:38 PM
I think Woodley should be more concerned about his own team "laying down" against the Dolphins on Sunday.

Just shut up and beat the Dolphins.

Yup!!

SteelC7
12-30-2009, 05:42 PM
woodleys rite, they will lay down so we dont get in, maybe not the pats, but the bungles definitely dont want to see us again, although im a pessimist wen it comes to football, i gotta say that the steelers would beat the bitch ass bungles if we saw them again...we just need to beat the dolphins and pray...the ravens and jets dont deserve the playoffs, who knows? maybe we dont either...if we just coulda beaten the RAIDERS, BUNGLES (once), CHIEFS, or BROWNS wed be in, if we dont get in, then watch out next year, if we do, watch out next week

cubanstogie
12-30-2009, 05:55 PM
woodleys rite, they will lay down so we dont get in, maybe not the pats, but the bungles definitely dont want to see us again, although im a pessimist wen it comes to football, i gotta say that the steelers would beat the bitch ass bungles if we saw them again...we just need to beat the dolphins and pray...the ravens and jets dont deserve the playoffs, who knows? maybe we dont either...if we just coulda beaten the RAIDERS, BUNGLES (once), CHIEFS, or BROWNS wed be in, if we dont get in, then watch out next year, if we do, watch out next week

its tough to argue for the Steelers. I know if the Ravens lost to Raiders, Browns, Chiefs and Bears I would wonder how their fans think they deserve to be in playoffs. We don't really have an argument there, If we squeak in we will do our arguing on the field. It is a shame its come down to this but such is life. Our future is bright, all we have to do is draft a couple of defensive backs and keep Troy healthy next year. I think I finally stopped being mad at the Colts an hour ago, and can't be to irritated with the Bungles because they beat us twice. I do know if we don't get in I will be rooting for the Chargers in the AFC, I hate every other team badly. Who knows in this game we might get lucky, my wish is Sunday nights game means playoff implications atleast then it will be worth watching.

Psyychoward86
12-30-2009, 05:57 PM
Why do y'all hate this comment by Woodley. He's not being a pain in the butt, he's challenging the bengals and patriots, heck, even provoking them subtly.

Shoes
12-30-2009, 06:04 PM
Why do y'all hate this comment by Woodley. He's not being a pain in the butt, he's challenging the bengals and patriots, heck, even provoking them subtly.

For the cheats this kind of talk is" fuel for the fire" for them to really lay down. Woodley needs only to think about his game Sunday. We haven't played well enough to be in the playoffs and shouldn't expect other teams to do us a favor. Not making the playoff will give this team something to think about this off season....which is a good thing IMO.

Gnutella
12-30-2009, 06:22 PM
Kinda like how the Steelers laid down against the Chiefs, Raiders and Browns, no?

Face it, LaMarr; you guys have nobody to blame but yourselves for the situation you're in.

VinnySteel
12-30-2009, 06:23 PM
I don't mind the comment, and I think it's worth the shot if the Bengals or Patriots read that and don't lay down and actually play to win. Let's be honest, they Patriots will play the whole game, Belichick knows the value of playing to win and going into the playoffs with momentum, especially over lowly Houston. Secondly, I think Cincinnati hasn't exactly been blowing teams out of the water as of late so they too would be wise to put forth effort and go into the next week with some momentum.

For the record, I think anyone who hears the comments by Woodley on the Pats or Bengals will just laugh and say "whatever".

Edman
12-30-2009, 06:54 PM
Looks like we've found our Joey Porter. Loudmouthed LB saying stupid shit in the paper. Yeah, Lamarr. Kind of like how the Steelers laid down and let the Chiefs, Raiders, and Browns bend them over and give them butt rapings.

You have no one to blame but yourselves for why you have to rely on the Puketriots and Bungles to help them out. With the way the defense has been playing lately, I know Tom Brady and Carson Palmer are just trembling in their boots at the mighty Steelers with their five game losing streak and four point win differential in the last two games.

Just shut up, dude.

steeltheone
12-30-2009, 06:59 PM
Oh great. Another bone headed statement. The NFL is just scared to death of the 8-7 Steelers. Just win and don't worry about other things.

tony hipchest
12-30-2009, 07:06 PM
lighten up people. 99% of people in the football loving world expect the pats and bengals to lie down.

woodley did nothing worse than predicting that the sun will rise on monday, january 4.

bungles & patriots are in self preservation mode. the only thing they really care about is which team has to make the long cross country trip to face the hot chargers, and which one makes the short hop to the comfy dome in indy to face the cold colts.

its not rocket science.

ljk2442
12-30-2009, 07:21 PM
Honestly, we can all say we think so and so will play... the fact is... lets focus on the steelers beating miami, no slouch! I know Miami is banged up, but they too wanna finish their season on a high note...

Lets go steelers, and yes, Go Bungles, Go Pat.... If the Steelers do not make it, i would like to see the texans get the final seed....

zulater
12-30-2009, 08:00 PM
Steelers LB Woodley predicts Pats, Bengals will 'lay down' Sunday
Associated Press

PITTSBURGH -- Linebacker LaMarr Woodley predicts the New England Patriots and Cincinnati Bengals will "lay down" for their virtually meaningless games Sunday because they don't want the Super Bowl champion Steelers in the playoffs.

The Steelers (8-7), losers of five of their last seven games, would make it in if they beat the Miami Dolphins, the Patriots defeat the Houston Texans and the Bengals beat the New York Jets.

There are other combinations in which Pittsburgh could sneak in, but it's unlikely the Steelers would make it unless New England wins.

The Patriots and Bengals have little to play for except which team will be seeded No. 3 in the AFC. With a wild-card playoff game awaiting each team next week, the Patriots and Bengals are expected to rest some starters to avoid possible injuries.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

I kind of like this kind of statement. Maybe it will trick them into playing their starters :)

LaMarr was channeling his inner Joey Porter. :chuckle:

JEFF4i
12-30-2009, 08:03 PM
We have to win first.

Then the cards fall how they will.

zulater
12-30-2009, 08:06 PM
Looks like we've found our Joey Porter. Loudmouthed LB saying stupid shit in the paper. Yeah, Lamarr. Kind of like how the Steelers laid down and let the Chiefs, Raiders, and Browns bend them over and give them butt rapings.

You have no one to blame but yourselves for why you have to rely on the Puketriots and Bungles to help them out. With the way the defense has been playing lately, I know Tom Brady and Carson Palmer are just trembling in their boots at the mighty Steelers with their five game losing streak and four point win differential in the last two games.

Just shut up, dude.

LaMarr didn't lay down against anyone. He has a right to talk if he wants to.

Shoes
12-30-2009, 08:09 PM
Woodley was a lone voice among the Steelers' players.

PITTSBURGH -- Linebacker LaMarr Woodley predicts the New England Patriots and Cincinnati Bengals will "lay down" for their virtually meaningless games Sunday because they don't want the Super Bowl champion Steelers to make the playoffs.

The Steelers (8-7) would reach the postseason for the fifth time in the last six seasons if they beat the Miami Dolphins, the Patriots defeat the Houston Texans and the Bengals beat the New York Jets. There are other combinations that would put Pittsburgh in the playoffs, but all include either a New England or Cincinnati victory.

The Steelers' problem: The Patriots (10-5) and Bengals (10-5) have little at stake other than which team will be seeded No. 3 in the AFC. With a wild-card playoff game awaiting both teams next week, New England and Cincinnati are expected to rest some starters to avoid possible injuries.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick hasn't revealed who will play for his team. But Woodley, last week's AFC Defensive Player of the Week and a Pro Bowl alternate, already believes he knows.

"All of them lay down," Woodley said Wednesday. "No one wants to see Pittsburgh in it. That's just how it is. Everybody knows we're a dangerous team once we get into the playoffs, no matter how we played the whole year. Once we get into the playoffs, the Pittsburgh Steelers is a playoff team."

The Steelers were seeded sixth in 2005, only to win three consecutive road playoff games and the Super Bowl. One of those road victories was in Cincinnati; now a Bengals loss to the Jets (8-7) could help keep out Pittsburgh.

"Cincinnati is probably going to go into New York and lay down for the Jets and not play them hard just because they're not going to want to see Pittsburgh in it," Woodley said.

Woodley emphasized that the Steelers played their regulars during a season-ending 31-0 victory over the Cleveland Browns last year, despite having nothing to gain other than staying sharp. Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger sustained a concussion but, after a bye week, returned for the playoffs.

"We definitely wouldn't lay down because it's a pride thing with us, going out there winning ballgames and shutting teams down," Woodley said

Woodley was a lone voice among the Steelers' players, none of whom said they agreed with their teammate. Safety Ryan Clark laughed off the notion that Cincinnati doesn't want to play Pittsburgh again. The Steelers have lost five of their last seven games.

"To say Cincinnati doesn't want to face us, that would kind of be a little dumb, being that they beat us twice this season," Clark said. "So I'm sure they have a lot of confidence if they do have to play us."

The Steelers beat the Baltimore Ravens twice in 2008, Clark pointed out, then won a third time in the AFC Championship Game.

"I think when you say that (teams will lay down), it calls into question the character of the players on their team," Clark said. "And I think all those guys are character football players and competitors. Now if it were last year's (Steelers team), yeah, they probably wouldn't want to play us. But this year's team, I don't think strikes fear in anyone."

Several players said the Steelers need to focus on beating the Dolphins (7-8) rather than worrying what the Patriots and Bengals do.

"They're a team you can't look past at all," right tackle Willie Colon said. "They're going to have pride and they're going to be ready for us to get after them."

Nose tackle Casey Hampton and running back Willie Parker will understand if New England and Cincinnati rest their starters in what Parker called "a game you don't need."

"Coaches have to do what's best for their team," said Hampton, who laughed when told of Woodley's remarks. "Being healthy going into the playoffs, I think, is their main focus. If the game doesn't mean anything, why risk getting hurt?"

MasterOfPuppets
12-30-2009, 08:12 PM
lighten up people. 99% of people in the football loving world expect the pats and bengals to lie down.

woodley did nothing worse than predicting that the sun will rise on monday, january 4.

bungles & patriots are in self preservation mode. the only thing they really care about is which team has to make the long cross country trip to face the hot chargers, and which one makes the short hop to the comfy dome in indy to face the cold colts.

its not rocket science.
actually tony he went a bit farther than that...

"All of them lay down," Woodley said Wednesday. "No one wants to see Pittsburgh in it. That's just how it is. Everybody knows we're a dangerous team once we get into the playoffs, no matter how we played the whole year. Once we get into the playoffs, the Pittsburgh Steelers is a playoff team."

"Cincinnati is probably going to go into New York and lay down for the Jets and not play them hard just because they're not going to want to see Pittsburgh in it," Woodley said.

"We definitely wouldn't lay down because it's a pride thing with us, going out there winning ballgames and shutting teams down," Woodley said.

hey woodley...its ok to have "pride" during the regular season when playing scrub teams...:mad:

missedgehead
12-30-2009, 08:29 PM
Can't feel too sorry for Woodley. If he and the rest of the team took care of business in the regular season and had beaten the living you know what out of the Chiefs, Raiders (god, how do you lose to the RAIDERS?)and Clowns (God, how do you lose to the danged CLOWNS?), they would not need to be at the mercy of the Patriots and the Bungles. They put themselves in this position and can not blame anyone else but themselves. It is not the Pats and Bungles' problem. Just saying.

pancake
12-30-2009, 08:30 PM
I don't like this kind of talk myself. Just shut up and win our game. This is the kind of thing that people say and then they don't take care of their own business and win. As far as it motivating the Pats and Bengals, I'm pretty sure they can see through to the intent of the statement.

I hope the Pats and Bengals are smart enough to play hard even if they're backups are in. If you're trying to avoid injuries you don't do it by playing half speed.

I do remember a few years ago, we had a playoff spot all locked up and and our backups kicked the crap out of a Bills team in Buffalo that needed a win to get in the playoffs. This can be done if we take care of business. Don't put it past the Ravens to choke in Oakland either.

Thank you... :thumbsup: He needs to shut up and play....

zulater
12-30-2009, 08:33 PM
Can't feel too sorry for Woodley. If he and the rest of the team took care of business in the regular season and had beaten the living you know what out of the Chiefs, Raiders (god, how do you lose to the RAIDERS?)and Clowns (God, how do you lose to the danged CLOWNS?), they would not need to be at the mercy of the Patriots and the Bungles. They put themselves in this position and can not blame anyone else but themselves. It is not the Pats and Bungles' problem. Just saying.

I don't feel sorry for him or any of the Steelers. But at the same token the man has a right to voice his frustration, even if misguided. If it were someone else I might not feel the same way. But the way Woodley's been bringing it week after week I'm not going to give the guy grief for this.

Psyychoward86
12-30-2009, 08:53 PM
Woodley's a probowl alternate?

steel striker
12-30-2009, 08:57 PM
First thing first beat the fish and, then see what happens maybe we get lucky.

mikegrimey
12-30-2009, 09:11 PM
What was Woodley's exact quote?

I'm not a fan of talk like this at all. By implying that the bengals (who swept us) and the patriots (who've had their way with us in the playoffs all decade long) are afraid to play, it only gives them more motivation and BB material if they do end up going against us.

Also, can you imagine how embarassing it would be if the bengals and patriots both won but we lost to miami? Woodley would feel like a damn fool.

That's why I liked Tomlin's approach of not making a statment on it one way or the other.

Galax Steeler
12-31-2009, 07:28 AM
If they do lay down it remains to be seen but we have to go into Miami and beat the dolphins and see where that puts us. I am a thinking if we do get into the playoffs we will have to face the Patriots and that could get ugly.

plenewken
12-31-2009, 08:07 AM
I don't feel sorry for him or any of the Steelers. But at the same token the man has a right to voice his frustration, even if misguided. If it were someone else I might not feel the same way. But the way Woodley's been bringing it week after week I'm not going to give the guy grief for this.

It's not about Woodley as an individual, it's about a Steeler opening his piehole when his team has nothing to show for this season. The Steelers have laid too many eggs this season to have any credibility on this issue and by the way, the Steelers did exactly the same thing in the 2004 season against Buffalo.

It was a stupid statement, period

steelcity1974
12-31-2009, 08:08 AM
I love Woodley but hate it when players come out with comments like this. The Dolphins aren't about to lay down, so we better just take care of our business and not worry about any other teams. To end the season with 3 straight wins would say a lot about the character of our team after losing 5 straight.

LW56
12-31-2009, 09:21 AM
Kinda like how the Steelers laid down against the Chiefs, Raiders and Browns, no?

Face it, LaMarr; you guys have nobody to blame but yourselves for the situation you're in.

You guys really don't think LW realizes that the Steelers put themselves in this position?

This player laid down for no one all year, so he can say whatever he wants. He figures he's gotta try something.

plenewken
12-31-2009, 09:38 AM
You guys really don't think LW realizes that the Steelers put themselves in this position?

This player laid down for no one all year, so he can say whatever he wants. He figures he's gotta try something.

No he can't say whatever he wants. As a Steeler, he has the obligation to refrain from making goofy statements like this one. If I was Tomlin, I'd tell him to STFU and to prepare for next Sunday's game, nothing else.

By the way, what do you think he's trying to achieve?

Dino 6 Rings
12-31-2009, 10:02 AM
really, Just stop the wild cat this weekend, score about 30 points on Offense and knock Henne so hard in the skull his brain leaks out his ears...that's all I ask.

Larry
12-31-2009, 12:33 PM
Really, really lame statement. The funny thing is, I've heard so many fans say it that it's only appropriate for this arrogance to be reflected by the players.

fansince'76
12-31-2009, 12:35 PM
Also, can you imagine how embarassing it would be if the bengals and patriots both won but we lost to miami? Woodley would feel like a damn fool.

This. The Steelers have collectively screwed the pooch against too many suck teams they should have kicked the living shit out of this year for any player to make a statement like this, regardless of individual performance.

zulater
12-31-2009, 01:32 PM
It's not about Woodley as an individual, it's about a Steeler opening his piehole when his team has nothing to show for this season. The Steelers have laid too many eggs this season to have any credibility on this issue and by the way, the Steelers did exactly the same thing in the 2004 season against Buffalo.

It was a stupid statement, period

I agree it was a stupid thing to say, but he's a linebacker not a lawyer. In other words he's not paid to think, and it showed here. :chuckle:

Three things and then I'll step away from the topic.

Be thankfull it it wasn't Ben who said it. It would be 20 times worse if this came form your qb.

It's a little embarrassing ( mostly to Lamar) but I don't think it will make jack squat difference short or long term.

Be most thankfull for Mike Leach and Texas Tech. That grease fire is keeping Lamar's comments pretty much off the radar. :doh:

markymarc
12-31-2009, 02:34 PM
While I may get blasted for this post I think this was a "smart" statement by Lamar Woodley for 2 reasons. I understand that if the Steelers would have taken care of business and not let a 5 game losing streak happen, this talk wouldn't be needed.

Of course most of the talk this week was about the different scenarios the Steelers need in order to even enter the playoffs. Now considering 2 of the other games the Steelers need help with (Patriots/Texans and Bengals/Jets) most of the talk then turned to whether or not the Patriots and Bengals would play their starters most of the game and even attempt to win that final regular season game.

Now while the Bengals and Patriots may not care what Lamar Woodley has to say, you have to admit that this statement got them to think a little. I could definitely see the Patriots taking his comments to heart and they just totally dominate the Texans on Sunday. Considering the Bengals are our division foe, Lamar is basically saying win the last game and let's see how you can do against the Steelers a 3rd time. In his own weird way, he may have gotten both teams to think about how long they play the starters and maybe give extra effort to win and then get the opportunity to play the Steelers in the playoffs and show Lamar that he shouldn't have made the comments.

Now of course there is 1 problem with Lamar making this comment and that is he just fired up a team in the Miami Dolphins. I guarantee they are thinking about totally destroying the Steelers now because of his comments.

CPanther95
12-31-2009, 02:37 PM
If they beat Miami, they'll either be in the playoffs, or Woodley will look like a genius. He can't lose. :chuckle:

Jmat
12-31-2009, 02:39 PM
Woodley said nothing that Joey Porter wouldn't and hasn't said and everyone loved when Peezy said it.

revefsreleets
12-31-2009, 03:13 PM
As much as I DESPISE players smack talking, this has a psychological element to it...Wood is questioning these other teams manhood. It's like Butch Coolidge in Pulp Fiction having too much pride to take a dive...Wood's just facilitating that....

Rick5895
12-31-2009, 03:28 PM
As much as I DESPISE players smack talking, this has a psychological element to it...Wood is questioning these other teams manhood. It's like Butch Coolidge in Pulp Fiction having too much pride to take a dive...Wood's just facilitating that....
I agree, and one more thing, we have been lamenting on these boards that we lack a leader on D, well guess what,?:tt04::applaudit: here comes Lamar, not afraid to stand up and say what he thinks, it may not have been the best way to show it, but he is now appearing to show he can and will be our leader on D for years to come. Let's get him signed!!!!!!!!

stb_steeler
12-31-2009, 03:33 PM
Ocho Stinko says he's playing, he's calling out Jets CB saying he cant cover him with a wet paper bag in a phone booth. Kinda the same thing he said awhile back about taylor and every one else he's up against. He stated he's playing the entire game, we'll see!

GoSlash27
12-31-2009, 04:16 PM
I'll go out on a limb and be the voice of dissent.

I like seeing somebody on this defense showing a little swagger. We've needed someone to step up and be a catalyst (maybe a leader?) since Smith went out.

GoSlash27
12-31-2009, 04:17 PM
Oh, Dear Lord!! Did I just agree with Revs?? :toofunny:

Glace
12-31-2009, 09:26 PM
Oh, Dear Lord!! Did I just agree with Revs?? :toofunny:

It's been known to happen. :chuckle:

I personally like the banter....I have missed it a little bit since Porter left.

Realistically though....The Pats and Bengals don't give 2 flying goose turds what any member of our team has to say. They'll just shrug this off and go on about their business.

Wood's statement is more for the team and for the fans....And I like it! :tt03:

Psyychoward86
12-31-2009, 11:53 PM
stupid comment. sure, many fans were thinking it, including me but for him to come out and say that is just plain stupid. he should not even be thinking about other teams games. he should be focused on the phins.

were all concerned about the other games. Woodley just doesnt give a crap if people know that he gives a crap. Doesnt make a real difference?

SGrogan
01-03-2010, 03:26 PM
Woodly must look pretty foolish right about now...NE nevers lays down even after losing a key player Brady and Moss still in the game trying to win..I just dont get why such a proud franchise has to do so much trash talking especially when it backfires so many times..

d2609j
01-03-2010, 03:56 PM
Woodly must look pretty foolish right about now...NE nevers lays down even after losing a key player Brady and Moss still in the game trying to win..I just dont get why such a proud franchise has to do so much trash talking especially when it backfires so many times..

and they lay down and pull brady

CantStop85
01-03-2010, 04:13 PM
and they lay down and pull brady

Down by a touchdown with just under 2 minutes left...and then they pull Tom Brady. :chuckle:

eafratitpm3
01-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Good acting job by the Pats, I hope they get spanked the first round. Chickenshits!!!!!!!

Eztarget
01-03-2010, 04:18 PM
I hope both Brady and Peyton get their knees blown out the first play of the playoffs.

Edman
01-03-2010, 04:19 PM
The Pats didn't exactly lay down, they played hard and tried to win, unlike a certain Blue Horseshoe Team last week. I hate the Pats, but they did their best. Can't fault them for that.

The Colts on the other hand can go f themselves sideways.

And I'm still royally pissed at the Steelers for putting us in position to ask for help in the first place. At the end of the day, they're still going to the playoffs, we're still on life support.

7SteelGal43
01-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Well, in all fairness, ya can't say the Pats* laid down.

revefsreleets
01-04-2010, 11:23 AM
Looks like the Bengals laid down to me....Pats may have, too. Either way, what Wood said was no biggie, and he had a great game himself to back up his statements.

Dino 6 Rings
01-04-2010, 11:36 AM
it made sense for both teams to "lay down" now the Pats are without Welker for the playoff game and are probably wishing they would have not played him at all.

just wish he would have let us know that the Steelers would be laying down against the Chiefs, Raiders and Browns...would have been nice to know that ahead of time.

Leftoverhard
01-04-2010, 11:37 AM
The Bengals may have just as well brought blankies onto the field and taken a big group nap for the entire game. That was a no-holds-barred lay-down. Disgusting.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-04-2010, 11:39 AM
I dont think the Bungles laid down, they just looked as if they got ground down by a great offensive line of the Jets last night and with no Peko......it looked even worse.

Jets might have a chance to beat the Bungles this weekend too. Revis Island has no room for posers and Chad Johnson got exposed as one last night.

CargoJon
01-04-2010, 11:41 AM
How fortunate for the Jets to draw a schedule that has 2 division winners the last two weeks of the season, both with nothing to play for. What pisses me off is that we played the "real" Bengals twice, Houston and Miami played the "real" Colts.

What a joke.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-04-2010, 11:47 AM
How fortunate for the Jets to draw a schedule that has 2 division winners the last two weeks of the season, both with nothing to play for. What pisses me off is that we played the "real" Bengals twice, Houston and Miami played the "real" Colts.

What a joke.

The joke is that the "real" Bengals are not that good and the Steelers should have beaten them both times. If Farrior tackles Brian Leonard in the 1st game, we win that.

I dont see the Bengals winning next week. Revis shuts down Johnson and they put 8 in the box to stuff Benson, with Palmer getting sacked 5 times and the Jets upset the Bungles.

Dino 6 Rings
01-04-2010, 11:49 AM
I tend to agree however I don't know if the Jets score that many points, so I think it'll be a closer game this weekend and it could come down to the rookie QB choking.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-04-2010, 11:54 AM
I tend to agree however I don't know if the Jets score that many points, so I think it'll be a closer game this weekend and it could come down to the rookie QB choking.

True, but I think Rex Ryan is going to gameplan that the outcome is put on his defense and run game. Gonna see a lot of Thomas Jones and Shonn Greene running behind Mangold, Faneca, Ferguson, Woodey. :thumbsup:

Basically what some would call ........Cowherball, defeating the Bungles.

fansince'76
01-04-2010, 01:21 PM
The joke is that the "real" Bengals are not that good and the Steelers should have beaten them both times.

Yup, yup. Should have beaten them like a drum both times.

TackleMeBen
01-04-2010, 01:25 PM

What a joke.
i tend to agree with you. however, if we would have player 'real' steeler ball, we probably would have beaten them twice and not be sitting at home.

i hope the bengals lay out sanchez this weekend. i cant stand that snot nose punk (sorry, i had to vent)