PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu practices

mesaSteeler
12-30-2009, 09:51 PM
NFL from the sidelines
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/
After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop.

Polamalu practices

For the first time in a month and a half, strong safety Troy Polamalu participated in practice Wednesday for the Pittsburgh Steelers, albeit in a limited fashion.

Depending on how Polamalu's sprained knee reacts to his participation, he could be available for the Steelers for the remainder of the seaso - however long that may be.

© Ricky Williams, who is nursing a shoulder injury, practiced today for the Dolphins and it appears he will play.
Posted by Dale Lolley at 6:28 PM 3 comments Links to this post

Preacher
12-30-2009, 10:23 PM
Just don't like this one bit.

I have a BAAAAD feeling about Troy forcing a come back...and REALLY screwing up that knee.

GIVE IT ANOTHER WEEK. PLEASE.

X-Terminator
12-30-2009, 10:43 PM
Just don't like this one bit.

I have a BAAAAD feeling about Troy forcing a come back...and REALLY screwing up that knee.

GIVE IT ANOTHER WEEK. PLEASE.

Problem is, there may not be another week.

Either way, if they knew he wasn't going to be 100% by now, they should have put him on IR. There's no sense of risking further injury on a shot-in-the-dark chance of making the playoffs.

SteelerEmpire
12-30-2009, 10:45 PM
If the first injury to his knee is not the culprit and this newer injury is "truely" a sprain... then it will not be career ending. I had the same type sprain injury to my left knee and could use it fine... but for about the next 2 yrs you get random "sharp" (and very obnoxious) pains... But over time, with special exercise on it, it gradually goes away..... so the "use" of the knee will be possible, but those "cereal" pains will make you stop whatever your doing...

MasterOfPuppets
12-30-2009, 11:12 PM
Steelers’ safety Troy Polamalu practises, but Sunday return appears unlikely

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS 3 hours, 16 minutes ago

PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Steelers safety Troy Polamalu(notes) practised in a limited role for the first time in seven weeks, although it seems unlikely he will play Sunday in Miami.

Polamalu has missed 10 full games and most of two others with a pair of left knee injuries. He hasn't played since Nov. 15 against Cincinnati because of a sprained posterior cruciate ligament.

Polamalu called his current layoff "frustrating," but said it would be difficult to play after only a few days of practice following such a long time off.

According to Polamalu, his knee is still healing. He did not run at close to full speed and he appeared tentative doing some work.

Psyychoward86
12-30-2009, 11:16 PM
im not gonna get my hopes up that he plays

Nadroj 20
12-30-2009, 11:17 PM
I really dont think he should play because of risk of more injury

If we would make the playoffs i would like to see him come back then, but other then that its preobably best to wait until next season....hes too valuable.

Men of Steel
12-31-2009, 12:24 AM
troy polamalu will not play. next!!!
:coffee:

tony hipchest
12-31-2009, 12:51 AM
Problem is, there may not be another week.

Either way, if they knew he wasn't going to be 100% by now, they should have put him on IR. There's no sense of risking further injury on a shot-in-the-dark chance of making the playoffs.

which says that if they DIDNT know if he was or wasnt gonna be 100%, they SHOULDNT have put him in IR.

this is human physiology we are talking about ... not simple 2+2=4 mathematics.

i wanna hear more from ANYONE who suggests that the steelers organization knew something that we didnt but failed to put him on IR at the expense of the team (besides you XT)

otherwise...

just another MB post :coffee:

SteelC7
12-31-2009, 01:57 AM
he wont be back, its pointless to come back and get hurt...AGAIN...i just hope this isnt a new trend and he doesnt become one of THOSE players, u kno, the ones that are hurt every year at least 6 games

steelreserve
12-31-2009, 05:50 AM
If we can't beat the Dolphins without Polamalu -- while they're without their top QB and RB -- well, I wouldn't feel too good about our chances in the playoffs even if we DID get in. Let the man rest.

Galax Steeler
12-31-2009, 07:00 AM
I don't really see him a playing if we make it past the Dolphins and get into the playoffs then I can see him coming back.

steelballs
12-31-2009, 07:49 AM
He might be practicing, but I sure hope he stays on the sidelines.

markymarc
12-31-2009, 02:19 PM
According to Polamalu, his knee is still healing. He did not run at close to full speed and he appeared tentative doing some work.[/B]

Well he definitely won't be playing on Sunday and that statement right there makes it sound like even if we got into the playoffs his return might be very doubtful. Just keep healing Troy.