PDA

View Full Version : Ravens Fan/Reporter Bashing the Steelers...

CheapBasturd
01-30-2006, 06:30 PM
Hello all.

My wife sent me this. It was in The Sun times in Baltimore..
How many emails can we send this guy ??? ;)

Ill feelings harder than steel
By Kevin Eck
Originally published January 24, 2006

There's nothing more exciting for an NFL fan than having a strong rooting interest in the Super Bowl, and I haven't been this fired up since the Ravens made it to the big game in January 2001.

This time, of course, there's a much different reason for my passion. Like most of my fellow die-hard Ravens fans, I hate the Pittsburgh Steelers almost as much as I love the boys in purple.

Every season I hope for four things. First and foremost, it's that the Ravens win the Super Bowl. After that (in order), it's that the Steelers, Washington Redskins and Indianapolis Colts don't win it.

Yes, my disdain for the Steelers is such that I would rather see Daniel Snyder or Jim Irsay hoisting the Lombardi Trophy than anyone from Pittsburgh. In fact, when the Colts and Steelers met in the playoffs on Jan. 15, I got my old Colts helmet out of mothballs and cheered for Peyton Manning as enthusiastically as I did for Bert Jones when I was 8.

The reasons for hating the Steelers go beyond the fact that they are an AFC North rival. For starters, there's Bill Cowher's chiseled chin, Joey Porter's motor mouth and Jerome Bettis' bloated belly. And, by the way, is it really necessary to show Bettis' parents on camera every time he touches the ball? Momma and Papa Bus are the most annoying relatives of a Pittsburgh athlete since Pirates outfielder Omar "Sweetie" Moreno's wife incessantly blew her whistle in the 1979 World Series.

It's the Steelers fans, however, that are truly loathsome. Has there ever been a more overbearing, obnoxious, foul-mouthed, slovenly bunch? And that's just the women.

But as irritating as Steelers fans are, with their ridiculous towels and "One for the Thumb" slogan, Ravens fans have always had plenty of comebacks for their boasts and taunts.

We love to tell them, for example, that they've had that same slogan - in regard to the Steelers' quest for a fifth Super Bowl ring - since Jimmy Carter was in the White House. There's also the matter of Cowher's record in AFC championship games at home - an embarrassing 1-4.

I was in attendance at Three Rivers Stadium for the Steelers' loss to the Denver Broncos in the January 1998 AFC championship game. There, in a sea of black and gold, a friend and I were decked out in Ravens gear from head to toe, cheering on John Elway (sure, he spurned Baltimore and might have been partially responsible for the Colts' leaving town, but on that day we were on the same side).

I'll never forget how the Steelers fans laughed at us and said that being at that game was the closest we'd ever get to the playoffs. They weren't laughing three years later.

You want to really get under the skin of a Steelers fan? Just mention that the Ravens' first trip to the playoffs - in only their fifth year in existence, no less - resulted in a Super Bowl win. And when they counter with the fact that the Steelers have won four championships to the Ravens' one, I quickly correct their math and tell them it's 4-4. When you factor in the Baltimore Colts' two NFL championships and one Super Bowl crown, Baltimore has won just as many football titles as Pittsburgh.

And that's why it's so important that the Seattle Seahawks make sure the Steelers' 25-year title drought continues. Can you imagine, as insufferable as Steelers fans are now, what they'll be like if they do win another Super Bowl? All of our standard comeback lines will be as worthless as a Bubby Brister retro jersey.

I didn't think there was any chance of that happening when the Steelers were 7-5 and it seemed possible they wouldn't even make the playoffs. But after what the Steelers have accomplished the past three weeks, even I have to admit that they are going to be tough to beat.

I got a bad feeling the moment Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer went down with a serious knee injury on his first pass. That bad feeling intensified when the Colts couldn't convert Bettis' unfathomable fumble into a touchdown and Mike "He Never Misses At Home" Vanderjagt didn't come close on the field-goal attempt.

And when Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey missed a chance at an interception and a sure touchdown early in the game and instead deflected the ball to Hines Ward for a first down, I knew the Steelers were bound for Detroit.

Knocking out the opposing team's starting quarterback, deflected passes going for big plays, improbable missed field goals - it all reminded me of the Ravens' magical Super Bowl run five years ago.

There's still one game to go, though, and I'm holding out hope that, unlike the 2000 Ravens, the Steelers really aren't a team of destiny.

Come to think of it, even though I didn't want to see the Steelers make it this far, how great would it be to see them choke in the Super Bowl? To see their fans once again have to use their silly towels to wipe away their tears after another devastating loss in the postseason? Now I really can't wait until Feb. 5.

kevin.eck@baltsun.com
Kevin Eck is an assistant sports editor at The Sun and a Ravens season-ticket holder.

Suitanim
01-30-2006, 06:34 PM
I've always wondered why these Baltimore jackasses hate the Skins so much. I mean, when the Colts left, who do you think they cheered for?

SteelCityMan786
01-30-2006, 06:38 PM
Ratbird fan=DOUCHEBAG!

lotas
01-30-2006, 06:39 PM
wow...i say we pull a Pete Morelli and vandalize his house lol

clevestinks
01-30-2006, 06:40 PM
We didn`t need anymore ammo, to hate the ratbirds! But we got it anyway

TexaSteeler
01-30-2006, 06:41 PM
That was pretty funny.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2006, 06:45 PM
Screw the ratbirds..that team is so F'n disfunctional they cant even get out of their own way.. They are NOTHING to us but worthless, crack dealing, dirty playing, ugly ass uniform wearing, worthless trash talking, pieces of Horse shit !!

The ratbirds aint got nuthin on us...except more jail time and more losses !!!

SteelCityMan786
01-30-2006, 06:46 PM
Couldn't have said it better BRC. Points To You Man.

Mr. Clean
01-30-2006, 06:53 PM
He's just a sorry Ratbird fan. Oh, how it made the Baltimorons mad when Steeler fans started showing up in their new stadium! That wasn't supposed to happen!

I lived near Baltimore for five years, until the end of 1993. I kinda hoped they would get an expansion team. Everybody from Baltimore hates the Redskins. Jack Kent Crook, the dead owner of the Redskins, convinced enough NFL owners to expand elsewhere.

Now that they have had a team for ten years, Ratbird fans have shown themselves to be every bit the ninny as Brownstain fans are. I couldn't care less what he says. He can hate the Steelers until the backhoe dumps durt on his casket. The Ratbirds are a team with an arrogant jerk for a head coach and a roster replete with idiots getting in trouble with the law.

F'em. You can juge a man - or a team - by who hates them, and the Steelers are in good company to be hated by a lowlife like Ilk.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-30-2006, 06:54 PM
It's the Steelers fans, however, that are truly loathsome. Has there ever been a more overbearing, obnoxious, foul-mouthed, slovenly bunch? And that's just the women.

Wow...how about Ravens fans?Thier fatass cheapshot artist of a DT urged Raven fans to physically attack Steeler fans during a game,and they did...hell an 8 year old girl got sent to the hospital because a grown ass man beat the shit outta her.

I hope this guy gets f--king killed,a$$hole.

You want to really get under the skin of a Steelers fan? Just mention that the Ravens' first trip to the playoffs - in only their fifth year in existence, no less - resulted in a Super Bowl win. And when they counter with the fact that the Steelers have won four championships to the Ravens' one, I quickly correct their math and tell them it's 4-4. When you factor in the Baltimore Colts' two NFL championships and one Super Bowl crown, Baltimore has won just as many football titles as Pittsburgh.

Last I checked,the Baltimore Ravens only have one SB title.The INDIANAPOLIS COLTS have two NFL Championships and one Super Bowl Championship,not the Baltimore Ravens.And an NFL Championship is not a Super Bowl.

I just emailed him,I told him to put this in the paper and put my email address in with it.

syde18T
01-30-2006, 07:03 PM
Funny how he doesn't mention the Polamalu interception that got reversed, and the off sides penalty that should have been called on the Colts.....

Ambridge
01-30-2006, 07:11 PM
Screw the ratbirds..that team is so F'n disfunctional they cant even get out of their own way.. They are NOTHING to us but worthless, crack dealing, dirty playing, ugly ass uniform wearing, worthless trash talking, pieces of Horse shit !!

Nothing like being reminded during Super Bowl Week why I hate anything associated with that PURPLE F--KING organization.

blitzburgher
01-30-2006, 07:16 PM
i heard about this butt wipe on the junker and crow show on 1250 espn radio,i think he's just jelous a hole!!

HburgXL06
01-30-2006, 07:47 PM
Just more motivation these articles are just comin out more n more sayin we gonna choke just more motivation to say no one still thinks we can do it. We fought our way this far thru blood, sweat, and force to show all that we had the ability, desire, strength, hunger for this title more than anyone and when we do take it we can finally say no one can play on us because we proved them all wrong. Oh... and another thing, yea we do wave our Terrible Towels. We invented the concept and no one else has da right to wave a towel against us they just copyin us wishin that they had such an original and imposin sign of support for their team. Baltimore can run their mouths all they want we didn't have our team run away in the middle of the night. GO STEELERS AND WAVE YOUR TERRIBLE TOWELS PROUD!!!

BuFu

seahawksfan
01-30-2006, 07:51 PM

How do you really feel?

Mr. Clean
01-30-2006, 08:19 PM
How do we really feel?

Like stomping on any team named for a bird.

shevdog
01-30-2006, 10:01 PM
The Ratbird are so freaking pitiful.

What's that crap where he's claiming the Colts Super Bowls for the Ravens??? He's really stretching it. I guess if you put it that way, then Cleveland can take some sort of claim to the Raven's one and only (that's 1) Super Bowl. Claim the titles for the city of Balitmore, yet not for the Raven. Let's get it straight, the Ravens have only 1 Super Bowl!

Pitiful.

As for all the other non-sense this Ratbird writer has spewed out in his pitiful rant, I can't wait to hear him whimper some more, when the Steelers hold up the 5th Super Bowl Championship!!!!

Ratbirds suck!!!! So do the Clowns, who have been whinning just as much.

Maybe on my way to Pittsburgh from Philly, I'll take a side trip to circle Baltimore, with my terrible towel waving! I might make it to the burgh with a couple bruises, yet they will be marks of joy!!!

TexaSteeler
01-30-2006, 10:05 PM
Couldn't have said it better BRC. Points To You Man.

That was worth points?

TexaSteeler
01-30-2006, 10:08 PM
All that article says is that its terrible when you suck and your enemy is on its way to a championship.

atrus20
01-30-2006, 10:48 PM
They may have won a super bowl 5 years ago but they haven't done anything since. How long til the Ravens pull a Colts and leave town? They did it in Cleveland who says they won't do it again? I hear L.A. is looking for a team. :blurp: :rolleyes:

Da'Burgh
01-30-2006, 11:09 PM
There's still one game to go, though, and I'm holding out hope that, unlike the 2000 Ravens, the Steelers really aren't a team of destiny.

AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!! :toofunny:

seahawksfan
01-30-2006, 11:24 PM
How do we really feel?

Like stomping on any team named for a bird.

Sounds like you have a personal problem. An enema ought to take care of it.