PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Uber Douchebag of the Year award goes to...

tony hipchest
12-31-2009, 12:24 AM
no, it is not TO. or even chad ochocinco.

this years award goes to a completely nondescript and irrelevant back up qb whose team has EVERYTHING to play for right now-

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Ravens-backup-QB-Troy-Smith-requests-trade?urn=nfl,211056

Ravens backup QB Troy Smith requests trade

The Baltimore Ravens are only days away from taking their final shot at getting into the postseason when it takes on the Oakland Raiders this weekend. But backup quarterback Troy Smith's(notes) agent apparently thought this would be a good time to say his client has requested a trade so he can get some more playing time, according to the Baltimore Sun.

Smith's agent, Ralph Cindrich, tweeted the big news about his client, who completed 5-of-9 passes for 24 yards and threw one interception this year. Smith also rushed for 38 yards and scored a touchdown this season.

Smith's tonsils may have sealed his fate back in the summer of 2008 when he was competing with Joe Flacco(notes) and Kyle Boller(notes) for the starting spot. He was set to start a preseason game and then didn't because of a "severe tonsil infection" that kept him out of action for the first five games of the regular season.

Coach John Harbaugh for one would like to keep Smith in Charm City: "I know from a coach's perspective, I want Troy Smith here as long as we can keep Troy Smith here," Harbaugh said.

what an idiot. dont he know the trade deadline passed like 2 months ago? who the hell does he think he is...

eric crouch?

nevermind. he is just another typical ravens turd,

i more than appreciate the (very minor) distraction this may be for a franchise that seems to be addicted to turds (THA U anyone?)

CantStop85
12-31-2009, 01:03 AM
He may have been best advised to wait until the off-season for this one.

Ravnet
12-31-2009, 02:17 AM
Although Troy's announcement won't help the team in any manner, it was probably the best decision for his career.

Considering that any of the possible suitors for Smith's services are preparing to shut down for the offseason within the next few days, it would be detrimental to Troy's advantage to make his status unknown until (possibly) February.

Having announced that he wants out now, Troy's name can be put on the table by St. Louis, Cleveland, etc.

MasterOfPuppets
12-31-2009, 04:20 AM
Although Troy's announcement won't help the team in any manner, it was probably the best decision for his career.

Considering that any of the possible suitors for Smith's services are preparing to shut down for the offseason within the next few days, it would be detrimental to Troy's advantage to make his status unknown until (possibly) February.

Having announced that he wants out now, Troy's name can be put on the table by St. Louis, Cleveland, etc.
you mean all the teams that passed up on several times in the draft ? has smith done something in the nfl that would make teams suddenly have a big interest in him ?
if i were harbaugh, i'd deactivate him for the rest of the season and tell him to go home and not come back... of course i wouldn't release him till after the draft just for spite....

SteelersinCA
12-31-2009, 11:54 AM
Looks like OSUs former and current QB are both bad decisions makers!

RodWoodsonwasprettycool
12-31-2009, 01:25 PM
He wants to play for the Browns pretty badly. Him and Tedd Ginn both auctually said as much before the draft in '07.

The sad part is, if we are running the West Coast, I don't think he'll fit into what we're doing.

I would take him in a heartbeat though, as I go by the motto, if he's crazy enough to want to play here, then you let him on the team, Put him as a backup to Quinn or as a guy to altenate in the Wildcat with Cribbs?

MattsMe
12-31-2009, 04:34 PM
I go by the motto, if he's crazy enough to want to play here, then you let him on the team

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

Crow-Magnon
01-02-2010, 11:38 AM
FYI: it was a tweet from his agent, not from Smith.

Angus Burgher
01-02-2010, 12:13 PM
The Uber Douchebag of the Year Award should always go to Ochocinco. He owns that award until he retires.

St33lersguy
01-02-2010, 03:35 PM
2009 uber douchebag of 09 indeed