PDA

View Full Version : Bucs coach Raheem Morris to coach steelers db's?

tony hipchest
12-31-2009, 06:11 PM
not that i have heard anything, or even seen this suggested.

ive read people saying we need to replace our db coach. but havent seen any potential candidates.

this seems like it could be a logical fit. i dont care about his tampa 2 background. we faced the same situation with tomlin.

if morris is fired, he definitely isnt going to be a head coach next year. probably not even a d-coord in the nfl. i would think he would go back to the college ranks.

anyone think it would be an upgrade though?

HometownGal
12-31-2009, 06:57 PM
I kind of feel sorry for Rasheem Morris if he gets the ax - he really doesn't have much to work with down there in Tampa.

That being said, however - I don't think he would be a bad fit here as our DB coach IF the Steelers want to make a change, but I don't see them doing that as Horton is much more experienced as an NFL DB's coach/assistant than Morris, has done a pretty good job prior to this season, and is said to have been instrumental in accelerating Troy's development.

The grass aint always greener on the other side and I'd prefer if the Steelers hang onto Horton, but it isn't my decision.

devilsdancefloor
12-31-2009, 07:19 PM
i dont know much about him, but i dont think we get rid of horton :noidea:, but you never know what will happen.

supa_fly_steeler
12-31-2009, 07:26 PM
raheem can carry the helmets and pads around in practise, he's ready for that due.

TheBus360
12-31-2009, 08:21 PM
i doubt morris will be fired after one year in tampa they probaly knew this would be a rebulding year going in i dont know much about our db coach but he seems to have done a good job in the past

Psyychoward86
12-31-2009, 08:41 PM
Well, tbh, Morris has done plenty of things wrong in Tampa Bay, even if it is a rebuilding project. He let go of 5 veteran players, most of them important. Then he starts and benches all of his QB's. He might be a good DB coach though.

BlackNGold88
01-01-2010, 05:02 AM
Morris is a great D coach, he has done great with Talib and Tanard Jackson. But I doubt they fire him after 1 season. They are coming off a huge upset win and Morris actually has that D playing much better since firing Bates.

AllD
01-01-2010, 08:26 AM
IF Cowher takes the Tampa job, then Morris would be a good fit in Pitt.

markymarc
01-01-2010, 02:52 PM
I do believe Raheem Morris will be terminated after this season, although I think it's very wrong considering they are in rebuilding mode and you can't do a lot your very first year. There were quite a few games that he had the team playing very well this season.

If it does come down to Ray Horton getting fired or going with Bill Cowher wherever he ends up at then Raheem Morris might be a good option. Once Deshea Townsend is done playing, does anyone feel he would make a good DB coach in the NFL?

steeltheone
01-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Buc's fans call this guy "Radio" not only because of looks. No thanks...

KeiselPower99
01-01-2010, 10:55 PM
With Tampa beating the Saints last week I believe Morris will be back next year.

Shellshock
01-01-2010, 11:34 PM
He acts a little crazy on the sidelines for my taste.

Angus Burgher
01-02-2010, 03:07 AM
I saw that Morris eluded to Josh Freeman having Hall of Fame potential.

Ummm... look Raheem, the kid's done some impressive stuff in his first year and probably saved your franchise from looking like a complete joke for now, but come on. Statements like that are not only premature and ludicrous, but they also have the potential to mess with a young players mind and throw off his game. Moreover, it just makes you look like a more inept head coach than we thought you were, and well, we thought you were already pretty bad.

Still, he can't be any worse than whoever the hell is ruining our secondary right now.

solardave
01-02-2010, 06:52 AM
i doubt morris will be fired after one year in tampa they probaly knew this would be a rebulding year going in i dont know much about our db coach but he seems to have done a good job in the past

Tampa is notorious for making stupid moves.
They fired Dungee just as he was getting them to the Superbowl.
Gruden got the credit but it was Tony's effort that got them there.
They hire Morris thinking they'll get a Mike Tomlin when he #1 he didn't have anything to work with and #2 IMHO wasn't ready to be a head coach.
Now he may never get the chance to work his way back to the top spot.
I feel for him because I see him as a great prospect who needs maybe a couple years as a D coordinator before he takes the top job again.For what it's worth ,that's what I think.

St33lersguy
01-02-2010, 08:38 AM
I think they'll go for Cowher in a heartbeat

4xSBChamps
01-02-2010, 09:49 AM
Tampa is notorious for making stupid moves.

They fired Dungee just as he was getting them to the Superbowl.

Gruden got the credit but it was Tony's effort that got them there.

I moved to central Florida 3 years ago, and very few football fans have realized, and will admit this fact yet, that Dungy built that team, and all Gruden did was oversaw it's demise after winning a SB in his first season:
if this franchise would've stayed the course, and given Dungy more time, he would've eventually won at-least one SB, still been Head Coach (his family still lives here), and the Bucs would've been viewed (by-now) as a model organization, much-like the Steelers, a place where players would've wanted to come & play

Godfather
01-02-2010, 10:19 AM
He acts a little crazy on the sidelines for my taste.

Yeah, can't have a guy like that. What if spit starts flying whenever he yells?