PDA

View Full Version : How blessed we are to be Steeler fans

BlitzburghRockCity
01-30-2006, 07:43 PM
Im just sitting here finished watching Cowher, HInes and Bus on total access, and listening to them talk. I defy anybody to show me a team more committed to itself and to a player than we are. Every time you hear a player talk about the game or the playoffs, its always about Jerome getting his ring and finishing his career in the appropriate fashion. The coaches have been master motivators and game strategists throughout this run, the players have pulled together and never got down, never gave up no matter what the opponent was coming up.

This team is so focused on winning this game, finally getting revenge and unfinished business taken care of from past playoff appearances, getting the monkey off Cowher's back about a SB win, bringing the Lombardi trophy back to the city and the fans of Pittsburgh. Its just amazing to watch each and every interview, each re run of a playoff game and watch these guys stick together and play with so much heart. This whole run has been about heart and the will to win and never give up.

Ive never more proud to be a fan of the Steelers and to be part of a great forum like this where people come together and cheer on the black n gold unlike any other place.

Just some thoughts as Super Week begins today...

MichiSteeler
01-30-2006, 07:57 PM
Agreed, we have a great organization on our hands. I'm extremely proud of being a Pittsburgh Steelers fan! Win one for the thumb! And the Bus!!

Prosdo
01-30-2006, 08:19 PM
I couldn't agree more Matt. I am so proud to be living in the Burgh and have those guys represent the city.

Steeler in Carolina
01-30-2006, 08:29 PM
It was great to see all the guys who wore the Notre Dame Bettis throwback as well. Shows what kind of close-knit team this is.

LambertIsGod58
01-30-2006, 08:31 PM
From watching old documentaries, it's obvious that we are one of, if not, the classiest organizations in the NFL. We owe that to Mr. Rooney. Art Rooney Sr that is for those who may not be old enough to remember him. This man knew all his players, even the ones on the practice squad. Knew their parents as well. He never pressured his players to win. It was all about family to Mr. Rooney. He loved the game and he loved his players. We are absolutely lucky that this franchise is owned by the Rooney's and I hope it stays that way for at least my lifetime. Let's win it for the Chief!!!!

SteelCityMan786
01-30-2006, 08:32 PM
We're The Best Fans In The USA. We Got To Be Heavily Blessed.

DIESELMAN
01-30-2006, 08:37 PM
The STEELERS are definitely a class act.........been a proud fan since the 70's and I will remain a proud fan till the day I die and even then will still be a proud fan of the PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!!! :helmet:

steelcityjameser
01-30-2006, 11:39 PM
a special organization that transcends the typical culture of most of the sports franchises of today. the pittsburgh steelers epitomize the quintessential NFL football team. they have ownership that is influential in legislating for the better of the league. the steelers handle almost all of their affairs with as much class, affording as much dignity in their decisions as you would expect such a legendary organization to do.

drizze99
01-30-2006, 11:49 PM
Yes, I definitely enjoyed watching Total Access tonight. You can see that the focus is there. They aren't happy with just being there.... they want to win it badly!!

We are a class orginzation all the way though. I know the Chief is smiling upstairs and proud of them.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-31-2006, 12:05 AM
You had to wonder alittle bit if the awe and aura of the super bowl festivities would be overwhelming but they seem to be taking it instride and remain focused.. Credit again cowher and the other coaches along w/ the vets who dont wanna lose this game.

Another reason to love this team, they are committed to the task at hand !