PDA

View Full Version : My worry about Troy

steeltheone
01-01-2010, 05:04 PM
I know he will comeback strong. He is just that good. I worry about him becoming injury prone. Lets hope i worry too much.

GoSlash27
01-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Troy is a tough, tough guy. He's probably the most physically conditioned guy in the league. I'm sure he'll spring back from this just fine.

Preacher
01-01-2010, 05:42 PM
I know he will comeback strong. He is just that good. I worry about him becoming injury prone. Lets hope i worry too much.

Becoming?

He has been injured quite a bit throughout his career.

He plays about 3 inches taller and 40 pounds heavier than his real height and weight...

That kind of play will do damage to a body.

Sharkissle29
01-01-2010, 05:46 PM
i wonder if he has been training wrong...

you know how one muscle is stronger than the other and the other muscle has to compensate.

just a thought

BlockMonsta
01-01-2010, 05:56 PM
How would that prevent an injury? I am sure he is training correct, they are at the highest level of play..

supa_fly_steeler
01-01-2010, 05:57 PM
troy is awesome.

He is superman, nobody can ever harm him unless it is a cheapshot *see algie crumpler crushing his leg ****ing *******

GoSlash27
01-01-2010, 05:58 PM
RushHard,
I doubt it. He's got a very unorthodox training regimen. If memory serves, he never lifts a weight heavier than 20 lbs.
CqKysjhHopA

Psyychoward86
01-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Troy's style of play guarantees that he's going to be injury prone, and he knows that. It's the only negative to what he does, and we all have to just learn to accept that. And yes, like Goslash said, Troy's training program is fine, ive seen other videos of him doing a bunch of muscle confusion exercises as well.

Sharkissle29
01-01-2010, 06:10 PM
RushHard,
I doubt it. He's got a very unorthodox training regimen. If memory serves, he never lifts a weight heavier than 20 lbs.
CqKysjhHopA

wow thats a pretty interesting routine

GoSlash27
01-01-2010, 06:34 PM
wow thats a pretty interesting routine

I thought so too when I first heard about it. He conditions almost more like an olympic gymnast than an NFL player.
From what I hear, it extends to everything, including his diet and even his morning shower.
I don't think there's anybody else in the league who conditions this way (yet), but it definitely gets results on the field.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
01-01-2010, 06:43 PM
troy is awesome.

He is superman, nobody can ever harm him unless it is a cheapshot *see algie crumpler crushing his leg ****ing *******

I would hardly categorize what Alge Crumpler did as a "cheap shot."

Nadroj 20
01-01-2010, 06:52 PM
I would hardly categorize what Alge Crumpler did as a "cheap shot."

Yea that wasnt a cheap shot he just fell into his leg, crumpler didnt do it on purpose

I think troy will comeback stong next season and im excited to see him healthy again :tt04:

X-Terminator
01-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Didn't we have this discussion in 2007 and before the start of last season, when more than a few people not only thought he was injury-prone, but was washed-up to boot? Need I remind you what he ultimately did last season?

What happened this year was a freak accident with Crumpler falling on his leg and then re-injuring the same knee when it likely wasn't quite fully healed from the first injury. He will rehab the injury in the off-season and then come back next season ready to hand the rest of the league their collective asses.

4xSBChamps
01-01-2010, 08:08 PM
He's got a very unorthodox training regimen.

I believe I was told (maybe by someone on this Forum?) that Polamalu works under the watchful eye of the father of former Raider QB Todd Marinovich, who uses many unconventional methods

regardless of his training, you'd have to think that his reckless-but-legal style of play will eventually result in somebody getting hurt, and sooner-or-later it'll be Troy

stillers4me
01-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Troy didn't get a wear and tear injury. It got crushed by another player. You can't condition to prevent that.

supa_fly_steeler
01-01-2010, 08:23 PM
algie crumpler is fat, their is no forgiving for that lol.

StainlessStill
01-01-2010, 08:41 PM
ESPN is now reporting Troy as Questionable and could NOT play. I think it's bothering him more than he wants people to think and will hurt it 10X more if it isn't 100%. I say sit em.

supa_fly_steeler
01-01-2010, 08:49 PM
look troy is indestructable

he is the terminator.

Shellshock
01-01-2010, 10:25 PM
He should have had it operated on a long time ago.

steelreserve
01-02-2010, 01:02 AM
He should have had it operated on a long time ago.

From everything I've heard, you do not want to operate on the PCL if you can help it. You can actually make the problem worse. So they mostly avoid it unless it's severely torn.

JoeCool5
01-02-2010, 02:16 AM
I have the utmost respect for Polamalu and think he's a great player, but his style of play is catching up to him. Same thing is happening down here in Baltimore. The way Ed's flown around the field for the past 7 years has left him with a nagging neck and hip. It's sad to see these guys get hurt, since they're so much fun to watch. Hopefully Troy can bounce back next year (maybe playoffs) and Ed can help us with a playoff run.

Bluedust
01-02-2010, 02:36 AM

He is injury prone.

Galax Steeler
01-02-2010, 06:27 AM
Like others have stated in this thread his style of football is what is getting him hurt. I know it didn't have anything to do with Crumpler falling on him but the man plays hard and he is going to get injured from time to time.

stillers4me
01-02-2010, 08:12 AM
I'm thinking it's not so much the injury at this point but the muscle atrophy from not using it for that long. I'm sure that leg and kee joint is weak from not using it for the majority of 4 months.

#1 Big Ben Fan
01-02-2010, 11:27 AM
A move to FS might be in the best interest of Troy to extend his career. I say move him to FS and just let him be ball hawk. Troy in my opinion can FS no problem. Then look to draft a SS and yes I know finding a SS like Troy would be impossible but I would like to see Troy play a long time. One more thing please don't have Troy on the field goal block team. Troy picked up the blocked field goal against the Titans leading to Crumpler to fall on his leg.

Jmat
01-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Troy needs to cut his hair and tie it around his knee for luck.