PDA

View Full Version : Best move last offseason.

zulater
01-01-2010, 08:50 PM
http://www.postgazette.com/pg/09210/987362-66.stm

Digging through some old stuff I came across this. I all but forgot about extending Heath through 2014. :tt02: How smart do the Steelers look today for this? :cooldude: We got a lot to be concerned about this offseasson, but thankfully we know Heath is in the fold for a long time to come. :applaudit:

supa_fly_steeler
01-01-2010, 09:23 PM
letting nate washington go so mike wallace could ****ing emerge... and emerge he did

AllD
01-01-2010, 10:07 PM
They also signed the OL, for what it's worth.

X-Terminator
01-01-2010, 10:08 PM
letting nate washington go so mike wallace could ****ing emerge... and emerge he did

...except Washington signed with the Titans long before the draft. At that time, nobody had any idea what Wallace could do, and it wasn't even guaranteed that the Steelers would take him.

supa_fly_steeler
01-01-2010, 10:57 PM
...except Washington signed with the Titans long before the draft. At that time, nobody had any idea what Wallace could do, and it wasn't even guaranteed that the Steelers would take him.

the gamble worked and payed off considerably.... mike wallace is the definition of awesome like how virginia tech whooped west virginia, virginia, cincinnati and tennessee :tt04::tt04::tt04: mike is the definition of truly awesome.

steelreserve
01-02-2010, 12:58 AM
The best move was probably Stapleton not getting the starting job. I have a feeling the line was OK, but he weas screwing up the whole right side of it.

MasterOfPuppets
01-02-2010, 02:53 AM

but the steelers were smart enough to relize that nate was at his ceiling ... his stats are virtually the same as last years ( reception wise) and thats from a starting role.... i bet his drops percentage is about the same too....

X-Terminator
01-02-2010, 08:12 AM
but the steelers were smart enough to relize that nate was at his ceiling ... his stats are virtually the same as last years ( reception wise) and thats from a starting role.... i bet his drops percentage is about the same too....

That's true, and that in itself turned out to be a good move. It did open the door for Wallace, but again, nobody knew at the time if the Steelers were even going to draft him, much less thought he'd have been this good as a rookie.

stillers4me
01-02-2010, 08:17 AM
Logan was definitely an upgrade. We just need a few guys to block better for him and he will be taking it to the goal line.

ljk2442
01-02-2010, 09:23 AM
I think Nate Washington was a solid 3rd WR, and we are thin at WR after Wallace, we do need WR added because Ward is getting old despite him still racking up numbers and playing great football...

Hopefully we can get someone worthwhile in the draft!

markymarc
01-02-2010, 11:32 AM
It was a great move by the FO in locking up Heath Miller. Plus after a few years, I truly believe our 2009 draft class could end up being very solid all the way through.